Wake up an application with SMS

Search This thread
G

Godzilla

Is there a function which allows to wake up the application when a SMS is arrived?

Thank you for your help.

Godzilla

martinlong1978

Jan 28, 2003
Nottingham
I suppose if you can work out the schema of the databases, then you could set a notify on the db. I've tried using the MAPI notify functions (these dont seem to be documented by MS), but they don't work out of process, so, it seems you have to use the hard way.

belial

Apr 3, 2003
www.spritesoftware.com
martinlong1978 said:
I suppose if you can work out the schema of the databases, then you could set a notify on the db.

If you want to monitor the database for a received SMS, you need to check the pmailFolders database first. The record with property 0x3001001f being the string "SMS".

Then look at property 0x80060041 (A BLOB), this consists of a bunch of DWORD values, the second DWORD is the CEOID of the Inbox of the SMS.

Then, still in the pmailFolders database, look at the record, whos CEOID you have just determined, and it has a property 0x8003001f. That is the name of the database to which incoming SMS's will go. it wil be called something like fldr30025ea.

You can then set up a notiifcation on that database.

You should probably have a notify on pmailFolders as well, for the situation where they have never received a SMS, and the 0x8003001f property has no value yet.

..Chuck..