WallProxy GUI on RT

Search This thread

tonystuck

Aug 30, 2013
This is a GUI interface for WallProxy that can run on RT.

FYI WallProxy uses the Google App Engine as a free proxy server. Useful if you can't visit certain websites behind a firewall and don't have a vpn handy. The concept is that assuming your connection to appspot.com is good, we can create a webapp on appspot.com that fetches webpages you want, even though you can't visit these pages directly (like if they are banned on your network). Technically you can even deploy your proxy webapp to any site that supports php (maybe your own web server)!

Setting up the proxy server can be quite a bore, but once it's done things actually run tolerably well. WallProxy doesn't come with a GUI though, and my app here takes care of that.

If enough people want I m happy to wrote another GUI to make deploying GAE server proxies easier.

Attachments

• QUplinkRT.7z
    108.5 KB · Views: 156
  • sc.png
    sc.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 418
Reactions: xWolf13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a GUI interface for WallProxy that can run on RT.

FYI WallProxy uses the Google App Engine as a free proxy server. Useful if you can't visit certain websites behind a firewall and don't have a vpn handy. The concept is that assuming your connection to appspot.com is good, we can create a webapp on appspot.com that fetches webpages you want, even though you can't visit these pages directly (like if they are banned on your network). Technically you can even deploy your proxy webapp to any site that supports php (maybe your own web server)!

Setting up the proxy server can be quite a bore, but once it's done things actually run tolerably well. WallProxy doesn't come with a GUI though, and my app here takes care of that.

If enough people want I m happy to wrote another GUI to make deploying GAE server proxies easier.