Wanbo T2 Max (Android 9.0)

Search This thread

jorferri

Aug 17, 2009
Hi everyone, I need your help. My T2 max is great but I can’t seem to adjust brightness. I can get to the menu and adjust user picture settings for brightness, but it doesn’t change on the projected image. I’ve tried both the 3 line menu on the remote and on the settings portion of the OS. I just need my screen a little brighter, there’s no difference from 50 and 100 brightness when I adjust it. Help please. 😢😢😢
Hi... I'm in the same situation... the picture adjustments are not been relfected and I'm not happy with default ones :-(

Last edited:

RTom007

Apr 27, 2022
Hi!

My device arrived yesterday, I have been acquainted with it ever since.
This is global version, with 10.2021 firmware, and Android 9.0
The hardware is good for this price, but this software is terrible.
On my device auto trapezoidal correction is fine, play media file only from FAT32 (no NTFS, no exFAT).

I want to use the following programs, but I have many troubles (in Central EU);
- HBO Max work fine from Google Store
- Prime Video from GS send error message (bad HDMI), from the Wanbo App Store it's horrible
- Netflix not available from GS, the stock (from W App Store) also awful (only Netflix-light)

I tried download Prime Video and netflix apk's but did not allow them to be installed.
Could you help me how to run these two apps (PV, Netflix)?

Thank you,

NaylsoFeitoza

Apr 27, 2022
Olá, pessoal,

Boas notícias da minha parte, entrei em contato com o vendedor e ele me enviou uma nova versão do sistema operacional e agora funciona muito melhor quando a correção de 4 keystone está ativada. Ainda faltam alguns frames, mas nada demais, consigo jogar XBOX no meu projetor.

Só para deixar claro, meu projetor é T2 Max (Android 9 - 1GB - 16GB). Minha versão anterior do sistema operacional era TVOS-04.16.031.01.12

Baixe no rapidshare

Passos:
1. Baixe e descompacte, copie os arquivos do sistema (5 arquivos) para o diretório raiz do disco usb (Formato:FAT32), conecte o projetor ao disco usb e, em seguida, conecte a fonte de alimentação (etapas importantes). Normalmente, meu projetor parece inicializar depois de conectar à fonte de alimentação, mas na verdade não, apenas o ventilador soa por 2 ou 3 segundos e depois para, então faça o passo 2 depois disso.

2. Pressione o botão liga/desliga por cerca de 10 segundos, aparecerá uma barra de progresso que indica a atualização. Se não houver barra de progresso, você pode tentar a etapa 1 novamente.

3. Após 100% de conclusão, aguarde cerca de 5 minutos. Depois que os dados forem carregados com sucesso, você poderá entrar na interface.

Não funcionou para mim na primeira vez que tentei (não inicializou no modo de atualização). Reformatei o usb para FAT 32, desconectei a fonte de alimentação, conectei no USB e depois ligo no Power, segurei o botão liga/desliga até ver uma barra de progresso e então tudo foi feito.

Boa sorte!
ola fiz a atualização de que você indicou, uma atualização na versão global, mas estava me conectando na internet, mas estava autorizado o tempo todo, eu estava na versão chinesa, e estava procurando um firmware global. Alguém sabe como resolver isso?

Attachments

• D458DEED-9A96-4BB0-801D-54CD46B8E95B.jpeg
    D458DEED-9A96-4BB0-801D-54CD46B8E95B.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 6CDED87C-F3F9-4D3C-962E-26470026EE45.jpeg
    6CDED87C-F3F9-4D3C-962E-26470026EE45.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 43

phucdai_1996

May 5, 2022
Hello,
I bought the international version with android 9.0, update 20210928
I have looked around and none of the posts solved HDMI screen cut-off issue. Please help.

sandtang

Dec 9, 2007
Just received mine in Singapore, with software version Feb242022-094639.

Notes to share:
- Software is not Android TV. It is skinned android mobile with Android TV Google Playstore.
- Do not update Netflix. It will become 'incompatible with your device' and won't start anymore. Since latest Netflix is not compatible with this wanbo, you will not find Netflix in the playstore to reinstall. I had to software reset to get back the original version of Netflix provided by Wanbo so that it can work perfectly again, and I must not update it.
- Video settings I used:
Pic mode: User
Contrast: 32
Brightness: 52
Hue: 0
Sharpness: 10
Saturation: 60
Advanced video: turn off both NR, turn on MaxVivid
- Builtin miracast app only works well with 1st device it connects with after projector bootup, subsequent connections sometimes fail, or video not smooth.
- DLNA streaming from my laptop using VLC app works perfectly. Youtube works perfectly. Youtube cast from phone also works perfectly once linked via tv code.

In projector settings, I do not know what 'Auto Up and Down Trapezoid' and 'Horizontal Calibration' means. Hope someone can help explain. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

djfred

Apr 23, 2007
Guys keep alive this thread, we need better software, we can send a message to Wenbo by starting voting for faulty video projector software.

renansc84

May 16, 2022
My T2 is om android 9, it manages to improve the fluidity in the videos using the fire stick.

On T2, in developer mode, enable 2d rendering and turn off animations.
Turn off wi-fi and bluetooth.

On firetv put in vídeo on 1080p 50hz.

alu-man

May 17, 2022
Hello guys,

Good news from my side, I contacted the seller and he has sent me a new OS version and now it works much better when 4 keystone correction is enabled. I'm still missing some frames but nothing big, I'm able to play XBOX on my projector.

Justo to be clear, my projector is T2 Max (Android 9 - 1GB - 16GB). My previous OS version was TVOS-04.16.031.01.12

Download from rapidshare

Steps:
1. Download and decompress, copy the system files (5 files) to root directory of the usb disk (Format:FAT32), plug the projector into the usb disk, and then connect the power supply (Important steps). Usually my projector seems to boot up after connecting to power supply but actually it doesn't, just the fan sounds for 2 or 3 seconds and then stops, so do step 2 after this.

2. Press the power button for about 10 seconds, will have a progress bar indicates the upgrade. If there is no progress bar, you can try step 1 again.

3. After 100% completion, please wait for about 5 minutes. After the data is loaded successfully, you can enter the interface.

It did not work for me the first time I tried (did not boot on update mode). I reformat the usb to FAT 32, disconnected the power supply, connected to USB and then connect to Power, hold the power button until I saw a progress bar and then everything was done.

Good luck!
Image flipped and upside down on Android 9.0 device as well...?!

Hi all,

I just got the T2Max with the TVOS-04.16.031.01.12 version yesterday (and the type plaque matches the image on the first page of this thread). The first time it worked as expected: I connected to Wifi, checked for OTA updates (nothing found), I connected a Fire TV stick via HDMI and all was smooth.
However, after shutting down and moving the device to a different room, plugging back in there, I got the same issue as reported/fixed in the Android 6.0 thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/wanbo-t2-max-android-6-0.4191663/page-28#post-85651381
Image flipped and upside down. Did any of you have the same issue with the Android 9.0 version? I am wondering whether I should try to flash the version you linked here, but wanted to hear whether others had the same issue.

Thanks for your help,
alu-man

erpresi

Apr 2, 2022
Image flipped and upside down on Android 9.0 device as well...?!

Hi all,

I just got the T2Max with the TVOS-04.16.031.01.12 version yesterday (and the type plaque matches the image on the first page of this thread). The first time it worked as expected: I connected to Wifi, checked for OTA updates (nothing found), I connected a Fire TV stick via HDMI and all was smooth.
However, after shutting down and moving the device to a different room, plugging back in there, I got the same issue as reported/fixed in the Android 6.0 thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/wanbo-t2-max-android-6-0.4191663/page-28#post-85651381
Image flipped and upside down. Did any of you have the same issue with the Android 9.0 version? I am wondering whether I should try to flash the version you linked here, but wanted to hear whether others had the same issue.

Thanks for your help,
alu-man
Nope. No flipped image in my side

wafiy788

May 18, 2022
Hello,

I just purchased mine with a global model with android 9.0

however I found out that I was unable to play Netflix, Disney Hotstar and HBO go as seems like their provider blocks the apps from streaming.

Whenever I play the movie, only subtitles and sounds come out and no image at all.

Please help

Inferi0r

May 29, 2009
Anyone not having Netflix working? I started with eng.huab.20210928.122327 and now have eng.huab.20220312.131717

The Google Play store version gives the error: "This device is not optimized for Netflix. (-14)"
The Wanbo Store version starts, but the remote does not work after startup. It hangs on 'Get started' screen.

Actually with Google I seem to have found a list of OTA updates: http://media.toptech-developer.com:2300/rest/version/list it seems to contain an OTA update with eng.huab.20220507.182705. Still have to try.

MB183

May 20, 2022
Hello,

I just purchased mine with a global model with android 9.0

however I found out that I was unable to play Netflix, Disney Hotstar and HBO go as seems like their provider blocks the apps from streaming.

Whenever I play the movie, only subtitles and sounds come out and no image at all.

Please help
I got mine last week with Android 9 and the installed Netflix and YouTube app both play 1080p. You always must choose open - never choose update or they'll probably stop working. You can do a firmware reset if you tried updating. Also I updated to the latest firmware (from page 2 by Titanium) and this really improved the smoothness of playback.

n3w0rk

Aug 24, 2010
Frankfurt am Main
Hello guys,

Good news from my side, I contacted the seller and he has sent me a new OS version and now it works much better when 4 keystone correction is enabled. I'm still missing some frames but nothing big, I'm able to play XBOX on my projector.

Justo to be clear, my projector is T2 Max (Android 9 - 1GB - 16GB). My previous OS version was TVOS-04.16.031.01.12

Download from rapidshare

Steps:
1. Download and decompress, copy the system files (5 files) to root directory of the usb disk (Format:FAT32), plug the projector into the usb disk, and then connect the power supply (Important steps). Usually my projector seems to boot up after connecting to power supply but actually it doesn't, just the fan sounds for 2 or 3 seconds and then stops, so do step 2 after this.

2. Press the power button for about 10 seconds, will have a progress bar indicates the upgrade. If there is no progress bar, you can try step 1 again.

3. After 100% completion, please wait for about 5 minutes. After the data is loaded successfully, you can enter the interface.

It did not work for me the first time I tried (did not boot on update mode). I reformat the usb to FAT 32, disconnected the power supply, connected to USB and then connect to Power, hold the power button until I saw a progress bar and then everything was done.

Good luck!
Thanks alot. The system feels more stable on this version. No lags by navigating through options.

Which alternative Launcher are you guys using? Stuck with Wolf Launcher. Every app incl. Sideloaded apps are shown and easily accessible. But is there something preferable, better in regard of features?

MB183

May 20, 2022
Actually, I've noticed an odd side effect of the latest firmware - the options button (to the right of Home) no longer brings up the quick menu. A bit annoying as you can't change the picture settings with the current image on screen.

Has anyone tried Projectivy Tools on the T2 Max ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spocky.projengmenu&hl=en&gl=US ) ?
I've used this on another Xiaomi projector and it was handy as a launcher. I'll probably try it later this week.

MB183

May 20, 2022
I have tried many VPNs but no luck on connecting, most of them didn't connect others crashed, till now Windscribe,unseen online , geph, and another one didn't work, I tried to sideload sagernet but it didn't install, any idea?

I need a VPN because in my country youtube and some services are blocked by the government
I loaded winscribe and it worked fine. Loaded it from the play store directly. I'm in NZ.

a1790t

May 27, 2022
Hello everyone. I have a wanbo T2max projector, please tell me how you can send audio via hdmi to a converter. and from there to the 5.1 system
(the converter was purchased on aliexpress)

photo_2022-05-27 18.33.16.jpeg
photo_2022-05-27 18.33.13.jpegphoto_2022-05-27 18.33.16.jpeg
photo_2022-05-27 18.33.13.jpeg

Top Liked Posts