Wanbo T2 Max (Android 9.0)

Search This thread

MB183

May 20, 2022
Oh I asked about netflix incompatibility after updating the app.
Right... As far as I know the Netflix in the firmware must bypass some checks (like mac address) so the only thing to do is do a factory reset and DON'T update Netflix. Mine's working fine at 1080p.
Otherwise I did see a youtube (MadeInChina) where he has a firmware for the T2Max with a mac address tool and a netflix.apk file that might work. He has a later video for using a third party APK for YouTube, Netflix and Spotify.

sandtang

Dec 9, 2007
Thanks. Might check that out cos high chance we'll accidentally click on default highlighted 'update netflix' button then I'll have to go through hassle of re-setup again (and again).

aumeilo

May 29, 2022
I bought t2 max 9.0 few days ago,

Major problem other than lagging when using zoom, is the brightness problem.
For youtube or in machine app, i can adjust brightness value in settings, however there is no changes or reaction.
For using HDMI, i can adjust brightness and i can see the difference when im changing the value, indeed the changes is just a bit.

Right... As far as I know the Netflix in the firmware must bypass some checks (like mac address) so the only thing to do is do a factory reset and DON'T update Netflix. Mine's working fine at 1080p.
Otherwise I did see a youtube (MadeInChina) where he has a firmware for the T2Max with a mac address tool and a netflix.apk file that might work. He has a later video for using a third party APK for YouTube, Netflix and Spotify.
can u play videos wothout said: "only availble on smartphone"?

MB183

May 20, 2022
can u play videos wothout said: "only availble on smartphone"?
Yes.

When I first ran it it asked [Update] or [Open] - I used open and was able to login and use it as normal. It supports the remote buttons and you can also use the mouse function on the remote to select movies/shows.

This worked both on the original firmware that came on the unit (I think Nov2021) and the one I update to from page 2 (Apr2022 I think).

Yes.

When I first ran it it asked [Update] or [Open] - I used open and was able to login and use it as normal. It supports the remote buttons and you can also use the mouse function on the remote to select movies/shows.

This worked both on the original firmware that came on the unit (I think Nov2021) and the one I update to from page 2 (Apr2022 I think).
can you share it? thank you

MB183

May 20, 2022
can you share it? thank you
It's the one from post #38 on page 2

Actually, now I'm not sure if I user the one from #27 on page 2 - I need to go and check the usb stick

Last edited:

MB183

May 20, 2022
Hello everyone. I have a wanbo T2max projector, please tell me how you can send audio via hdmi to a converter. and from there to the 5.1 system
(the converter was purchased on aliexpress)

View attachment 5624293View attachment 5624291View attachment 5624293View attachment 5624291
The T2 Max only has 3.5mm stereo audio out or Bluetooth audio out capability. To use the above box you'd have to have an external HDMI source (like FireTV, Chromecast, Xbox, etc) connected to the input of this box and the output HDMI connected to the projector and a Toslink cable to your 5.1 amp.

tpierot

May 31, 2022
One doubt I have the t2max android 9, when I focus it on the wall at 1080p it seems to run at 480 and the fluidity seems bad, I don't know if there is an update to improve those aspects or what I can do to improve those aspects

(I already tried the updates on the previous pages and they didn't work, just notice that it improves the time of the bluetooth sound)

Jun 1, 2022
One doubt I have the t2max android 9, when I focus it on the wall at 1080p it seems to run at 480 and the fluidity seems bad, I don't know if there is an update to improve those aspects or what I can do to improve those aspects

(I already tried the updates on the previous pages and they didn't work, just notice that it improves the time of the bluetooth sound)
im sorry but im not sure what apps do you run, but im assuming it is a built in netflix, if it so then i got the bad news. Built in Netflix apps only detect Wanbo as phone, hence it only can ran up to 480p. but if you want to try using HDMI, it can support up to 4k, but still display it as 1080p. Hope it helps

MB183

May 20, 2022
im sorry but im not sure what apps do you run, but im assuming it is a built in netflix, if it so then i got the bad news. Built in Netflix apps only detect Wanbo as phone, hence it only can ran up to 480p. but if you want to try using HDMI, it can support up to 4k, but still display it as 1080p. Hope it helps
I'm getting 1080 using the inbuilt Netflix. But testing via HDMI (or a movie on USB) is a good way to check the projector.
The T2Max is only 2.4gh wifi so maybe check you wifi strength. Also do you have a T2M+ ? there is a T2 Max Life that's only 480p native.

Joe Ferrara

Jun 2, 2022
Italy
Hi all! I have a problem with my T2 max with android 9. I have the latest firmware but my PJ suddenly shuts down and no images. It tries to restart but it fails. I installed the firmware 2-3 times but after a few hours of projection it shuts down. It seems like it loses the firmware. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions to what to do to use the T2. I already had the same issue with the previous firmware. I bought it on Banggood last December. Now is just a box on the table...

sandtang

Dec 9, 2007
Hi all! I have a problem with my T2 max with android 9. I have the latest firmware but my PJ suddenly shuts down and no images. It tries to restart but it fails. I installed the firmware 2-3 times but after a few hours of projection it shuts down. It seems like it loses the firmware. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions to what to do to use the T2. I already had the same issue with the previous firmware. I bought it on Banggood last December. Now is just a box on the table...
Does not sound like firmware issue to me. Sounds more like a hardware issue. Make sure you allow air to circulate through the projector so it is not overheating. It will shut down if overheats. Otherwise, get it replaced if under warranty.

Joe Ferrara

Jun 2, 2022
Italy
Does not sound like firmware issue to me. Sounds more like a hardware issue. Make sure you allow air to circulate through the projector so it is not overheating. It will shut down if overheats. Otherwise, get it replaced if under warranty.
Dear sandtang, I have the PJ to avoid it overheating. I can't replace it since I tried to ship back to China but it returned to me... How can I fix it if possible?

Mar 27, 2022
I just bought the T2 Max (T2M+) it has the same firmware as andresouza and android 9, but the input lag for games and the general choppiness are making this thing just unusable. There are any solutions for this model with the march 2022 firmware besides waiting for a new firmware?

Edit: I’m using this one
https://www.mediafire.com/file/m2mj8m7v3v7sv3a/D9-220312-EN.zip/file
Hi! I was able to solve the lag issue on Xbox Series S by taking out the image setting. I took it from Soft and others to USER and I myself put a color that I liked, it stopped generating delay.
What should happen is that it gets heavy to process the image with the chosen color and there are small delays.
Try it and tell me if it's improved.

Reactions: Diego19891989

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just bought the T2 Max (T2M+) it has the same firmware as andresouza and android 9, but the input lag for games and the general choppiness are making this thing just unusable. There are any solutions for this model with the march 2022 firmware besides waiting for a new firmware?

Hi! I was able to solve the lag issue on Xbox Series S by taking out the image setting. I took it from Soft and others to USER and I myself put a color that I liked, it stopped generating delay.
    What should happen is that it gets heavy to process the image with the chosen color and there are small delays.
    Try it and tell me if it's improved.
    Just want to share in case anyone else out there is using VLC android to play videos via DLNA, do DISABLE the VLC's hardware acceleration setting in T2Max, otherwise the video quality will be poorer.
    Does anyone know how to access the developers option menu? I want to activate GPU rendering to see if I get a better framerate when reproducing video from an USB.
    Not necessary. Install this APK and it will show a Shortcut to Developer Menu https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...manager-change-launcher-without-root.4176349/
    do you have android version or tvos version if i may ask? and when you say VLC media player is it from your pc via hdmi or using apps inside projector?
    thank you
    My proyector came with Android 9 and it still has Android 9. However, it is a version of Android 9 mod by the manufacturer. It is called TVOS by the manufacturerer in settings/info. Basically, I updated the proyector to the latest version (which is not available via OTA, but it was uploaded by a user here in this thread). In fact, there are two versions uploaded in this thread. I tried with one, it didn't update the proyector. So I tried with the other, it did update the proyector.

And when I say VLC, I'm talking about the app in the proyector installed from the play store. The film is on a USB thumb connected to the USB port.

But I'd like to refine something that I said. I said that the film plays at 60fps, but that's not exactly true. What I wanted to say is that it plays exactly like in my computer, without any stutter. However, films normally play at 24fps (that's how they are recorded). If you are used to game at 120hz, you will find some choppiness if you look for it. But that's not a problem of the proyector.
    It's weird that my firmware is nearly not as up to date as yours. Mine does have the original Android OS side menu you show on that last post you made on the 6.0 thread.

I keep getting I'm on the latest version. I'll try a few more times. Not that big of a deal as I'm not trying to fix any issue.

Firmware mais recente 👍
    Found the link to the firmware I have installed.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hvhbsquns26uuuu/WB_FJ035FHD05_ZJ.T9255E.350R00_1G16G_IrWBFTEN_350_4O3W_WANBO_20211115152313_%E6%8A%98%E5%B0%84_%E5%B8%A6%E8%87%AA%E5%8A%A8%E6%A2%AF%E5%BD%A2_%E6%99%BA%E8%B1%A1%E4%B8%BB%E9%A1%B5_Eshare.rar/file

You can try this one. Update with USB procedure. After what you said, I think I'll keep it as is for now instead of installing the one you sent.
    Hello!

I also have the Wambo T2 Max with android 9.0 my firmware is Sep112021-190039. I managed to upgrade to your version, but the lag is still there with an HDMI input if I use any type of keystone correction which enables zoom.

Without zoom it is perfect, but still, it's a bummer as I have to reset the zoom to 0 all the time for me to not have the lag. Might help a little @andresousa.com
    Oh and also you need to extract the files from the zip on the USB ( I actually had both the ZIP and the extracted files together so not sure which worked ) and make sure your USB has a FAT32 format. Before you plug your USB in, take the AC cord out, insert the USB and then turn on the projector, you will have to wait for it to do its thing.

I have done tests with GPU rendering on and EDID 2.0, still the same shuttering with any keystone/zoom settings. I still have to see how it behaves in these conditions with the 1080p settings.

The thread from beforehand recommended using ABD commands and the Chinese Launcher, which I might try to see if it changes anything... .
    This thread is about T2 Max variant running Android 9.0, made by Wanbo.

There are at least 2 versions of T2 Max:
    #1. Android 6.0
    #2. Android 9.0

THE FIRMWARE OF THESE 2 MODELS ARE INCOMPATIBLE

This thread is about #2. If you have #1, please go here.

Also...
    This thread is not about the T2 Free. (check the bottom of your unit)
    This thread is not about the T2R Max.
    What you should see on bottom

img_20211202_121606-jpg.5472795

photo via https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/wanbo-t2-max-android-6-0.4191663/page-35#post-86033475
    there is a difference that with TVos you have more adjustment options for your monitor, being only Android 9.0 you are limited, it looks like a cell phone system in the project. HORRIBLE!
    Found the link to the firmware I have installed.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hvhb...BA%E8%B1%A1%E4%B8%BB%E9%A1%B5_Eshare.rar/file

You can try this one. Update with USB procedure. After what you said, I think I'll keep it as is for now instead of installing the one you sent.