Wanbo T2 Max (Android 9.0)

Search This thread
Only possible with ADB (or root?)

Quick Tutorial:

1. Download and Extract this ZIP file: https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip
  2. Open the Folder "platform-tools"
  3. Hold Shift + Right-Click on any empty area
    ADBOpenHere.png
  4. And choose "open command window here"

1. On your Projector. Go to Developer Menu and activate USB- Debugging + Wireless Debugging.
Note: Once Wireless Debugging is active, your WiFi will stop working on next reboot (Be sure to de-activate it again once you're done.)
  1. Go to your TVOS Settings -> Network Settings -> Select your current connected WiFi and remember the IP-Address displaying.
  2. Back on your Computer. Write down adb connect <ipadress>
  3. Once he succesfully connects then simply write down

Code:
adb shell wm size 1280x720
or
Code:
adb shell wm size 1920x720

then at last adb reboot. Hope this helps.
is it permanent?

Diego19891989

Dec 23, 2019
This method was given to me by the manufacturers of Wanbo when I contacted them by email.

You have to format a flash drive in FAT32 and insert the .bin in the flash drive, then plug it into the projector unplugged from the socket, plug it into the socket, and hold the start button for 15 seconds to start the update.

Hope I have helped.
Do you think that we will get OTA updates still after installing this software?

Diego19891989

Dec 23, 2019
Ok. I managed to get 60 fps in video reproduction with the T2Max and zoom activated! I installed the latest firmware, which was shared here in this thread, I activated CPU rendering in the developers option using an APK to access that menu, and I use VLC media player with “hardware acceleration” deactivated in settings. Now the projector plays movies just like my computer.

Last edited:
Reactions: nostupidthing
Jun 1, 2022
Ok. I managed to get 60 fps in video reproduction with the T2Max and zoom activated! I installed the latest firmware, which was shared here in this post, I activated CPU rendering in the developers option using an APK to access that menu, and I use VLC media player with “hardware acceleration” deactivated in settings. Now the projector plays movies just like my computer.
do you have android version or tvos version if i may ask? and when you say VLC media player is it from your pc via hdmi or using apps inside projector?
thank you

Diego19891989

Dec 23, 2019
Nope... I had to return it as the support service was awful
I found a work around. The proyector needs to be turned off and on for the changes in video settings to take place. So, you can't adjust video settings in real time, but you can adjust video settings restarting the proyector.

I've read somewhere that if you plug in an HDMI cable, you can adjust video settings in real time while playing a movie from your computer (buy I didn't try myself). It could be a way to adjust the image in real time.

Diego19891989

Dec 23, 2019
Hi everyone, I need your help. My T2 max is great but I can’t seem to adjust brightness. I can get to the menu and adjust user picture settings for brightness, but it doesn’t change on the projected image. I’ve tried both the 3 line menu on the remote and on the settings portion of the OS. I just need my screen a little brighter, there’s no difference from 50 and 100 brightness when I adjust it. Help please. 😢😢😢
Check my last response. I think I found a solution

Last edited:

Diego19891989

Dec 23, 2019
do you have android version or tvos version if i may ask? and when you say VLC media player is it from your pc via hdmi or using apps inside projector?
thank you
My proyector came with Android 9 and it still has Android 9. However, it is a version of Android 9 mod by the manufacturer. It is called TVOS by the manufacturerer in settings/info. Basically, I updated the proyector to the latest version (which is not available via OTA, but it was uploaded by a user here in this thread). In fact, there are two versions uploaded in this thread. I tried with one, it didn't update the proyector. So I tried with the other, it did update the proyector.

And when I say VLC, I'm talking about the app in the proyector installed from the play store. The film is on a USB thumb connected to the USB port.

But I'd like to refine something that I said. I said that the film plays at 60fps, but that's not exactly true. What I wanted to say is that it plays exactly like in my computer, without any stutter. However, films normally play at 24fps (that's how they are recorded). If you are used to game at 120hz, you will find some choppiness if you look for it. But that's not a problem of the proyector.

Reactions: sandtang

Mnlstscj

Jun 15, 2022
Can anyone provide the Best Picture (Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Hue, Sharpness) and Color Temperature Settings for best HD Movies' experience? Thanks

M0Rf30

Sep 14, 2008
Some notes related to this device

I managed to fix "Unable to obtain MAC address" error on wifi connection in this way
Go within Settings -> About Projector -> Hold click button on Version for few seconds -> usb debugging on OFF (that enable ADB over wifi without third-party apps. adb over usb instead doesn't work remaining on charging status)
Then reboot and everything seems fine.

I'm also looking for ir (remote control) mapping in order to use my phone IR blaster.
Looking at the dmesg logs, seems to use this mapping. I'm trying to write a lirc config and load it with irplus app

Code:
power   0x0074
back    0x009e
up      0x0067
down    0x006c
right   0x006a
left    0x0069
vol+    0x0073
vol-    0x0072
ok      0x001c
home    0x0066
menu    0x008b
mute    0x0071

Last edited:
Reactions: MB183 and sandtang

arvenca

Jul 4, 2022
Hello question, is there a different android os 9.0 or firmware? Because my Android os 9.0 has a different UI interface. Mine has a blue UI interface like an old version. I have a Xiaomi android tv stick (android os 9.0) and the UI interface is not like this. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_3317.JPG
    IMG_3317.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 32

MB183

May 20, 2022
Hello question, is there a different android os 9.0 or firmware? Because my Android os 9.0 has a different UI interface. Mine has a blue UI interface like an old version. I have a Xiaomi android tv stick (android os 9.0) and the UI interface is not like this. Thanks in advance!
Yeah, this is the Whale Launcher (you can install other launchers).. I have this too... seems to be what they are calling TVOS built on Android 9. I'd prefer the proper Android TV experience. Does anyone know how/where to get a firmware for this projector?

Luck_14

Feb 28, 2022
Hello, I recently bought the international wanbo t2 max. This is updated to the latest version. The problem is that when I connect something via HDMI the image is cut off. I have it fixed to a wall and adjust the corners in trapezoidal mode. It doesn't matter if I connect, the same thing happens to me and it's like a kind of zoom. (I already tried configuring that option that appears in the image and it won't let me. The same thing happens to my computer too) Version 9.0.0 -RS-20210928.1224

IMG_0933.jpg

AGluk

Jul 13, 2022
Moscow
Hi guys!
I have the same projector, and it looks like I've bricked them.
While firmware updating, it reboots on 53% and doesn't power on anymore.
After applying power, the red LED starts to light and that's all. I can't power on it, not by button nor remote.
I have C003_368V35LVD_D3 2L board inside.
Maybe there is some way of booting it in FASTBOOT restore mode? Like on the phones...
Hope for you help!

klaymon

Jul 24, 2022
Has anyone encountered Netflix Error 0013? Sometimes my Netflix on this projector showed 0013 error and can't seem to find the solution, some sites suggested general fix for this error is to try the different version of Netflix, but I think I shouldn't mess with Netflix version since we cannot update it. Mine is still the version came out from factory.
Capture10.PNG

Jeffreylyr

Jul 25, 2022
Hi all, so last week i accidentally ALMOST bricked my t2max android 9 by factory reset through ( Projectivy Launcher -> Mediatek Settings -> Factory settings ).
It sort of deleted stock video profile/decoder??(ive no idea where it went wrong) after the reset. After which my HDMI output is red tinted, built-in youtube app videos are red tinted, any form of video is red tinted. Homepage/ settings etc are fine, (FYi) changing red gain/saturation doesnt help.

So i dialed in to China support. Through whatsapp and email convo, they sent me a latest firmware for June 16, 2022.
Download link:

[Edit] Based on email snipplet attached, the above download link expired on 30/07/22 18:44 hrs. Here is the new link

(update method is the same mentioned in this thread -> Off -> Unplug power -> Plug in FAT32 usb with the files -> plug in power -> press power button and hold -> update screen immediately ELSE repeat steps)

Hope this reply helps, Together with the lastest firmware here ( 16-06-2022). Reply to this to keep track of new changes that ive not noticed/ listed). TYVM

New things ive noticed:

1. It fixed my red screen issue mention above

2. It solved the bluetooth latency issue mention in this thread. No choppy audio anymore !

3. WIFI run at its normal 2.4ghz stipulated speed instead of throttling when bluetooth is connected. Roughly 2~15mbps which is normal for my house.

3. Accessibility setting is gone ( not in common settings). Not sure where to find it anywhere else

4. Auto Audio route to AUX output on boot( which is supposed to be like this on any device)
- Prior to update, i still have sound output through its built in speakers despite me plugging in AUX to my amplifier on every bootup. So i have sound both from my T2max and amp, which was annoying as theres latency in my amp side. Only solution was to plug out and plug in AUX cable in order for sound to route to amp instead of BOTH built in and amp.

Same things Not fixed
1. Changing picture settings (real time) only works in HDMI. Home launcher doesnt work in real time. (Same as before)

2. Background apps still automatically closes aft inactive for 4~7mins (which is annoying as i need a vpn app to run).. Need some help if can

3. In built Apps(Youtube etc) /USB media playback Still choppy when it plays 2k ~ 4k videos. 1080p60fps with HDR = LAG. 720p60fps with HDR playable.
1080p60fps no issue.

Lastly, piece of advice, DONT MESS WITH Projectivy launcher -> MEDIATEK SETTINGS unless u know what ur doing.. a factory reset is a click away without confirmation.

AND !! DO NOT!! ever click aging mode (DO NOT!! I REPEAT!!) .. With the newest firmware installed, You will be stuck in aging mode. Unable to exit, unable to shut down/navigate etc. Even after you turn off socket, and reboot, it will still be stuck in aging mode.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220725-201114_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220725-201114_Outlook.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20220722_074619.jpg
    IMG_20220722_074619.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20220709_180258.jpg
    IMG_20220709_180258.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • 20220722_022733.jpg
    20220722_022733.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG-20220723-WA0008.jpeg
    IMG-20220723-WA0008.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • 16594443405558496790042517680078.jpg
    16594443405558496790042517680078.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Reactions: sandtang

Jeffreylyr

Jul 25, 2022
Press the menu icon on controller when in HDMI mode. The middle option allows you to change screen zoom/ 16:9/ 4:3 etc .. If this doesnt work , it might be on your source side ( Pc)

Top Liked Posts

No worries.
    By right this latest update should have made the Wanbo T2Max projector dropping frames much lesser than before.

It should be butter smooth(low delay) and frame drops should not be very noticeable unless you put a 4k 60hz monitor beside your projection screen.

Anyways, you can try this option:
    1. On Wanbo side. Go to settings > look for the settings to change HDMI EDID > set it to 2.0

2. Ensure that you have a high speed HDMI cable(2.0/2.1) from source to projector.

3. On Source side. settings > desktop/screen resolution set to 1080p60Hz OR 2160p60Hz

Unfortunately despite all, Wanbo T2max Default built in Resolution is [email protected] But by eliminating factors such as EDID 1.4 or AUTO EDID , it will help to maximise its potential.
    I did what you said, and I set my chromecast as 1080p50Hz, now I'm only able to see the lag problem when the projector is showing something that fill all the image, like a landscape or a drone footage, otherwise is pretty smooth.

I hope Wanbo release a new update soon, something with an overclock or something more light.

I really would like to install some OS like "Wanbo T2 free" and get rid of the "smart" part from this projector.
    I did what you said, and I set my chromecast as 1080p50Hz, now I'm only able to see the lag problem when the projector is showing something that fill all the image, like a landscape or a drone footage, otherwise is pretty smooth.

I hope Wanbo release a new update soon, something with an overclock or something more light.

I really would like to install some OS like "Wanbo T2 free" and get rid of the "smart" part from this projector.
    I see,

i am not an expert on this. But perhaps there might be a possibility that the chromecast wifi signal is not as strong. This is also a factor to frame droppings for streaming contents.

As i do not use chromecast or Xiaomi stick etc, i might be wrong. But all i could say is that hdmi from my desktop running at 4k60hz (2160p) doesnt drop frames as much and have bearable response delays (maybe 30ms or so), typical monitor is 1~10ms delay.

Agree, they should release a budget Wanbo T2max (non-smart) variant Instead of WanboT2free with lower native resolution.
    Cool, where did you find this update?
    I really want to update mine to see if it has a better performance.
    My Xbox and Chrome Cast 4k they don't identify as 4k :-(
    I think I'll take the risk and do the update.
    Would you do the update?

I contacted Wanbo support as well.
    Let's see what they answer me
    Thanks a lot for the help!
    can have a look at my response for another reply

"""
    1. On Wanbo side. Go to settings > look for the settings to change HDMI EDID > set it to 2.0

2. Ensure that you have a high speed HDMI cable(2.0/2.1) from source to projector.

3. On Source side (chromecast?/Xbox?/Pc ) . settings > desktop/screen resolution set to 1080p60Hz OR 2160p60Hz
    """
    The Download link for this version has expired, maybe you could upload it somewhere else for us? Thanks!!!
    Thanks for the notice, perhaps there was a time limit/ download limit set by the person in charge at the Wanbo side.

Nonetheless, i have uploaded the same file on :
    [Download from any ONE link will do]
    1. Mediafire - https://www.mediafire.com/file/5o9eg67gab3u0yp/T2MAX-Z9-EN-20220616.rar/file
    2. GoogleDrive - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hnzVxV-PtiGUGCa_OzVqO3QMFt24uWq-?usp=sharing
    3. The Attached file in this reply

To update Wanbo to June 16 , 2022 firmware. Same steps mentioned in thread:
    >>> Downoad file -> Extract/ Unzip/ Unrar -> Paste all 5 items in a Fat32 thumbdrive -> Turn off Wanbo -> Turn off socket + Unplug power plug on Wanbo side -> Plug in thumbdrive -> Plug in power plug on Wanbo side -> Turn on Socket -> Hold power button (at least 10 seconds or when update screen appear) -> Update screen appeared , let it finish || ELSE if boot to home page, repeat procedure starting from Turn off Wanbo etc..
    Thank you, it worked!
    Did someone here manage to fix the frame loss through HDMI?
    I did it everything that a read here, but nothing have changed.
    No worries.
    By right this latest update should have made the Wanbo T2Max projector dropping frames much lesser than before.

It should be butter smooth(low delay) and frame drops should not be very noticeable unless you put a 4k 60hz monitor beside your projection screen.

Anyways, you can try this option:

3. On Source side. settings > desktop/screen resolution set to 1080p60Hz OR 2160p60Hz

Unfortunately despite all, Wanbo T2max Default built in Resolution is [email protected] But by eliminating factors such as EDID 1.4 or AUTO EDID , it will help to maximise its potential.
    Hey, wich APK did you use to get access to developer options in Wanbo T2 Max?
    I'm runnig "T2MAX-Z9-EN-20220616", and installed the APK "LM (ATV) - 1.0.4.apk" but it don't show the developer option shortcut.

You do not need apk for this.

Go to settings > about Projector > Hold "ok button" at the version option.

Developers option menu should pop out from the right side
    Cool, where did you find this update?
    I really want to update mine to see if it has a better performance.
    My Xbox and Chrome Cast 4k they don't identify as 4k :-(
    I think I'll take the risk and do the update.
    Would you do the update?

I contacted Wanbo support as well.
    Let's see what they answer me
    Thanks a lot for the help!
    can have a look at my response for another reply

"""

3. On Source side (chromecast?/Xbox?/Pc ) . settings > desktop/screen resolution set to 1080p60Hz OR 2160p60Hz
    """
    Hello, I recently bought the international wanbo t2 max. This is updated to the latest version. The problem is that when I connect something via HDMI the image is cut off. I have it fixed to a wall and adjust the corners in trapezoidal mode. It doesn't matter if I connect, the same thing happens to me and it's like a kind of zoom. (I already tried configuring that option that appears in the image and it won't let me. The same thing happens to my computer too) Version 9.0.0 -RS-20210928.1224

View attachment 5654901

Press the menu icon on controller when in HDMI mode. The middle option allows you to change screen zoom/ 16:9/ 4:3 etc .. If this doesnt work , it might be on your source side ( Pc)
    The Download link for this version has expired, maybe you could upload it somewhere else for us? Thanks!!!
    Thanks for the notice, perhaps there was a time limit/ download limit set by the person in charge at the Wanbo side.

Nonetheless, i have uploaded the same file on :
    [Download from any ONE link will do]
    1. Mediafire - https://www.mediafire.com/file/5o9eg67gab3u0yp/T2MAX-Z9-EN-20220616.rar/file
    2. GoogleDrive - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hnzVxV-PtiGUGCa_OzVqO3QMFt24uWq-?usp=sharing
    3. The Attached file in this reply

To update Wanbo to June 16 , 2022 firmware. Same steps mentioned in thread:
    >>> Downoad file -> Extract/ Unzip/ Unrar -> Paste all 5 items in a Fat32 thumbdrive -> Turn off Wanbo -> Turn off socket + Unplug power plug on Wanbo side -> Plug in thumbdrive -> Plug in power plug on Wanbo side -> Turn on Socket -> Hold power button (at least 10 seconds or when update screen appear) -> Update screen appeared , let it finish || ELSE if boot to home page, repeat procedure starting from Turn off Wanbo etc..
    Hey, wich APK did you use to get access to developer options in Wanbo T2 Max?
    I'm runnig "T2MAX-Z9-EN-20220616", and installed the APK "LM (ATV) - 1.0.4.apk" but it don't show the developer option shortcut.

You do not need apk for this.

Go to settings > about Projector > Hold "ok button" at the version option.

Developers option menu should pop out from the right side
    It's weird that my firmware is nearly not as up to date as yours. Mine does have the original Android OS side menu you show on that last post you made on the 6.0 thread.

I keep getting I'm on the latest version. I'll try a few more times. Not that big of a deal as I'm not trying to fix any issue.

Firmware mais recente 👍
    Found the link to the firmware I have installed.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hvhbsquns26uuuu/WB_FJ035FHD05_ZJ.T9255E.350R00_1G16G_IrWBFTEN_350_4O3W_WANBO_20211115152313_%E6%8A%98%E5%B0%84_%E5%B8%A6%E8%87%AA%E5%8A%A8%E6%A2%AF%E5%BD%A2_%E6%99%BA%E8%B1%A1%E4%B8%BB%E9%A1%B5_Eshare.rar/file

You can try this one. Update with USB procedure. After what you said, I think I'll keep it as is for now instead of installing the one you sent.
    Hello!

I also have the Wambo T2 Max with android 9.0 my firmware is Sep112021-190039. I managed to upgrade to your version, but the lag is still there with an HDMI input if I use any type of keystone correction which enables zoom.

Without zoom it is perfect, but still, it's a bummer as I have to reset the zoom to 0 all the time for me to not have the lag. Might help a little @andresousa.com
    Oh and also you need to extract the files from the zip on the USB ( I actually had both the ZIP and the extracted files together so not sure which worked ) and make sure your USB has a FAT32 format. Before you plug your USB in, take the AC cord out, insert the USB and then turn on the projector, you will have to wait for it to do its thing.

I have done tests with GPU rendering on and EDID 2.0, still the same shuttering with any keystone/zoom settings. I still have to see how it behaves in these conditions with the 1080p settings.

The thread from beforehand recommended using ABD commands and the Chinese Launcher, which I might try to see if it changes anything... .
    Some notes related to this device

I managed to fix "Unable to obtain MAC address" error on wifi connection in this way
    Go within Settings -> About Projector -> Hold click button on Version for few seconds -> usb debugging on OFF (that enable ADB over wifi without third-party apps. adb over usb instead doesn't work remaining on charging status)
    Then reboot and everything seems fine.

I'm also looking for ir (remote control) mapping in order to use my phone IR blaster.
    Looking at the dmesg logs, seems to use this mapping. I'm trying to write a lirc config and load it with irplus app

Code:
    power   0x0074
    back    0x009e
    up      0x0067
    down    0x006c
    right   0x006a
    left    0x0069
    vol+    0x0073
    vol-    0x0072
    ok      0x001c
    home    0x0066
    menu    0x008b