• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Wanbo T2 Max

Search This thread

Hecin

Jun 8, 2021
Sorry for my omission. I mean FHD 1080p/60hz via HDMI from an external PC.
It's perfectly smooth/fluid with no judder. I have other projectors and am familiar with these problems.

This is with the recovery firmware that has a file name with 20210520 but when it's installed it says 21052018.

I turned off all animation options in developer options and set background processes to limit of one.
And do you use zoom setting? Like trapezoid. i can get smooth 1080p but only when I switch zoom setting to off..

Mannymo

Jun 10, 2021
And do you use zoom setting? Like trapezoid. i can get smooth 1080p but only when I switch zoom setting to off..
Oh sorry, no. I have left the zoom switch off, as it is by default on this version. I have the projector on a tripod and can adjust the position. I haven't even tried turning zoom on.

Perhaps someone else has tried this firmware with zoom on? And also with internal player or youtube, apps etc for video?

rich970

Jun 11, 2021
Hello, I need help. I am reading my movies directly from my HDD with VLC. My issue is that I can not adjust the image settings. it does not make any change !! (it works when I connect my laptop by HDMI, I can change to soft or bright)
So what is being wrong ? is that doable or not ?
I have the 2021030519... firmware

rich970

Jun 11, 2021
It's simple.(global/international Version only)View attachment 5328547

1.download and extract the .rar File from Here (right mouse click safe target as)
You should get a .bin file.
2. Format a usb drive to FAT32
3. Copy the .bin file to the usb drive
4. Plug off the Power cable from the wanbo
5. Insert the usb drive
6. Plug in the Power cable
7. Hold the Power on Button till the update Screen shows, then Release it.

Then you will see the update process. Once this is done, your wanbo turned off. You turn it on with your remote.
The Android sign will show (No worry, it will be there for a few minutes) and then you are on the newest Firmware with much better Performance. 👍

To safe wanbo's recources i set Background processes Limit to 1 (you have to do this every time you Start your wanbo) and turn off all Animations in Developer Options.

At least, i recommend to use external Hardware via HDMI. Wanbo's internal Hardware is not powerfull enough to handle Keystone and all together.
Does it solved my issue with image settings (see below). Can you make a try ? (long press on the 3 bars button). If not I will have to buy a small HDMI TV box.

" I am reading my movies directly from my HDD with VLC. My issue is that I can not adjust the image settings. it does not make any change !! (it works when I connect my laptop by HDMI, I can change to soft or bright)
I have the 2021030519... firmware"

Mannymo

Jun 10, 2021
Does it solved my issue with image settings (see below). Can you make a try ? (long press on the 3 bars button). If not I will have to buy a small HDMI TV box.

" I am reading my movies directly from my HDD with VLC. My issue is that I can not adjust the image settings. it does not make any change !! (it works when I connect my laptop by HDMI, I can change to soft or bright)

Hi, I tried the internal player with the recovery firmware. Long pressing the three bars DID allow me to access the image settings with Bright, etc. However I didn't try it with VLC.

Reactions: 5tormChild

aman.kl.pj.23

Jun 17, 2021

Does this include google play store as I installed but did not find play store

cool400

Nov 25, 2010
Hi guys,

I just received my new T2 Max.

After flashing the international firmware from the YouTube-video I now only have a white screen :-(

Any recommendations?

Best regards
cool400

optionalmgrr.la

Sep 5, 2015
Yes of course there are framedrops. But them are not so hard as it was on the old firmware. Watching movies on the old firmeware wasn't so nice. But with this, and eventually one more Update they became very minor 😉

The little wanbo is what it is. A inexpensive option for Homecinema, or second rooms.

I'm excited about the new model T2R max
I don't understand one word, but it seems to be a great successor
according to this https://www.zeczec.com/projects/wanbo

it says the difference is higher lumen (250 vs 300), more flash and ram (1/8 vs 2/16) and a faster cpu (?? vs Amlogic T972), not to mention that it's double the price

but i think it looks uglier than t2 max

edit: korean friend said t2r has android 9 too

Last edited:

Christos21

Apr 30, 2021
Hello again. Watching films from netflix makes me have a headache. It has so little frames in quick moving scenes that makes me sick. I will try to update to the latest firmware but some people say that the improvement is not big. I hope they are wrong. Can someone tell me if something goes wrong during installation the projector then is for the trash? Some people have problems during installation.

xxmeow

Jun 25, 2021
OP0d15BecWI.jpg

Hi guys. How to turn off this annoying notification?
service start, listener app run info
I got it every time I turn on the projector

Reactions: nohaoo

TwanoO

Aug 18, 2016
I wonder if there is a way to get a "light" firmware, having just display and zoom settings, and hdmi external source, to get hdmi 1080p with zoom running smoothly?

Those "smart" firmware really are annoying when the cpu are slow... we would have a better experience without those half implemented android feature...

optionalmgrr.la

Sep 5, 2015
Hi, js gotten my t2max global today.
I noticed there's no "Play store" there a built in "TV store app" which works like a a play store. But I do not have options to update all my apps.
Version is 21032609 (I'm not sure if it's the latest)
Anyone can guide me how to enable the developer options and also if I should update to any better versions? (ota update says this is the latest)
Thank you in advance.
i installed latest firmware and now have no play store how can i get back ?

edit: it's there once i installed my custom launcher

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts