• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Wanbo T2 Max

Search This thread

yin206403

Jul 26, 2021

Tech72

Jul 27, 2021
I'm sorry, mine is just arrived and I've updated it with no problems.
I've activated developer mode but I can't find where is option to limit to 1 the background app, can someone help me please?

Tech72

Jul 27, 2021
Dev options > Apps (green) > Background process limit ;)
But YouTube needs 3 (because ads - sometimes freezes screen) and still lags in video. Not every video does it. I'm testing the Aquaman 60fps / 1080p trailer. :(
Thank's, anyway the best way is to forget the internal OS and use a stick on HDMI port, the only problem I report in this way is the remote response it is glitchy, do you've same problem or is my remote faulty?

m1lanco

Apr 25, 2021
I use Mi TV Stick, because this Wanbo Android 6 is disappointing and unusable. But even on a TV Stick, it's not so smooth in action scenes in this projector. Weird. My remote controller work great, but hate this manual mouse moves.

Tech72

Jul 27, 2021
I use Mi TV Stick, because this Wanbo Android 6 is disappointing and unusable. But even on a TV Stick, it's not so smooth in action scenes in this projector. Weird. My remote controller work great, but hate this manual mouse moves.
I'm using a 4k Firestick (1080p/60Hz set) and everything is fine, never seen glitch. The only limit is the weak brightness, 200 ANSI lumen are good just for size under 70" or less into dark room.

Bonus999

Jul 26, 2021
Good afternoon.
With the global Firmware 21052018, can you use the 4-point zoom and the image continues to go smoothly?
Using or not and external player (tv box, chromecast...)
Thanks
If you are talking about 4K 60FPS, 100% smooth only when you disabled the Zoom even using the HDMI with external device. I have tried using 4 points and using external device with 4K 60 FPS, it is not smooth like when the zoom off.

However, if you are watching steaming video (e.g. Disney+ , Netflix), they normally throw you 1080P (max resolution on your device) and not even 60FPS. So it is not a concern for me with this price range projector as a secondary and using in my bedroom with lights off.

aralex1972

Mar 13, 2021
Thank you all for the answers.
I have read the 24 pages of the post, it was in case something had happened to me.
I also use mi stick, and the truth is that without using the zoom I am very happy with the result.
The remote responds to me.

gordnnnn

Dec 23, 2014
I am also pleased with it. And yes, i put a Sideboard on my Wall to project straight to the Wall with Zoom off. And yes, this is the best Performance.
In a dark room, the Picture is really great.
But i am hyped for the wanbo T2 R Max which will come to us in September.
I will defenetly buy it.

tlhan

Aug 2, 2021
I have reinstalled the firmware several times, but the situation is still the same. Is there something wrong?

I have the same situation, is it resolved?

I have the same issue as the posters above.

I used the Latest International FW shared in this post and my screen is upside down and mirrored. The flip settings in the system preferences does not work anymore. If it helps, the projector was just bought recently so I don't know if the newer batches of the same projector has a different internal setting inside that flips and mirrors the image when incompatible (older) firmware is installed.

If anyone knows how to fix this issue please share it here. I just created an account to let everyone know.

yin206403

Jul 26, 2021

I used the Latest International FW shared in this post and my screen is upside down and mirrored. The flip settings in the system preferences does not work anymore. If it helps, the projector was just bought recently so I don't know if the newer batches of the same projector has a different internal setting inside that flips and mirrors the image when incompatible (older) firmware is installed.

If anyone knows how to fix this issue please share it here. I just created an account to let everyone know.
I sent the machine back for replacement.

tlhan

Aug 2, 2021
I sent the machine back for replacement.
I just contacted the seller and Im also getting a new unit in later this week. Damn with this many issues, I really wonder why this is still recommended in 2021. Found out today I need to pick up a HDMI audio extractor adapter for it too in order to output 2.1 stereo sound from the built in 3.5mm jack when casting to it. Might as well have picked up a more expensive one if I knew what I was getting into.

it-mac

Nov 23, 2020
Hi, can anyone test the Newpipe app on this projector? It is an youtube streaming app which probably runs smoother on weaker hardware. Thx and Best!

mohjax

May 21, 2021
Anybody else having this problem... the ghost of the previous video is still present in the scene. I was watching the news earlier and now I watching a movie but the news ticker is still clearly visible.... you can still see the number 24 below...
Screenshot_20210820-205145_Gallery.jpg

Top Liked Posts

How You Shure it's real 1080p? I don't understand, if You configure the projector at 720p a more resolución input no looks like rescale 1080i?
    After changing the wanbo resolution to 720p up, I started watching a movie via fire stick and you could see straight away that the resolution was reduced. I checked the settings of the firestick and the resolution went a automatic to 720p. I set it manual to 1080p. Starting the movie again the resolution was way better. I use a 100 inch screen so the resolution difference 720p to 1080p is quite easy to see. 1080i does not make any sense since the projector thinks it is 720p and the performance would most likely drop considering the extra work for the wanbo. Using the laptop as input, mirroring the display and comparing the display with the projector, small text etc are displayed sharp 1080p, certainly not 720p. Again need to set the output manually to 1080p.
    Did someone know something about the Android 9.0?
    I found today on Ali Express.
    Screenshot_2021-09-10-00-46-30-332_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-10-01-03-51-730_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    Hello everyone,

does anybody else have a problem with the Wanbo T2 Global Edition?? I just received mine a few weeks ago but the display is flipped 180 degrees no matter which "flip" option I pick from the settings. The only way to see the display in the correct position is to physically flip the projector itself upside down.

Got an issue here, I just updated the firmware, but my display is now flipped, there is no way I can change it back, tried "Settings" > "Flip" but nothing changes when I click ok, any help would be appreciated

I have the same situation, is it resolved?

Hey guys I installed the new firmware but now everything is inverted any way for me to fix that?

Hi guys !

I've exactly the same problem. Just bought my Wanbo T2 Max, tried to update and... now that's quite a big disappointement.

I tried to install an older version of the firmware but nothing seems to work. Now everything is reversed ! Even inside the recovery menu so I guess it's a problem in the roots of the program ?

Thank you in advance for all the work you're all doing, Elibonbon

Actually Im in this trouble with Wambo T2 MAX, Global. After update the system all the image its upside down. Here is a image with the firmware projector came from the store, is anyone using or could provide this version 21070617 ?

Hi! I flashed the firmware and had the same issue of a mirror inverted projected screen that I can't fix. I'm buying a new one with the Android 9 OS that will arrive over the next few days. I'll share the build.prob file when I get it. Let me know if there's anything else from the Android 9 OS that would help. Thanks.

For those who suffer from upside down flipped and mirrored image problem i just contacted with Mrs. Linda and she sent me the 20210706 version and this solved my problem. I hope it solves your problem too. I'll leave link and attach the zip file also.

Hi guys !

I've exactly the same problem. Just bought my Wanbo T2 Max, tried to update and... now that's quite a big disappointement.

I tried to install an older version of the firmware but nothing seems to work. Now everything is reversed ! Even inside the recovery menu so I guess it's a problem in the roots of the program ?

Thank you in advance for all the work you're all doing, Elibonbon
    Actually Im in this trouble with Wambo T2 MAX, Global. After update the system all the image its upside down. Here is a image with the firmware projector came from the store, is anyone using or could provide this version 21070617 ?
    E-mail sent to all that i can find in wanbo. We will wait now. Hope that someone in wanbo will replay.
    Hi,
    I am very happy with the wanbo, I got it about 2 month now and it runs smooth with zoom on. I use it only via hdmi input and use android only for the 4 corner keystoning. I'm running firmware 21052018, resolution set to 720p, 1 background process and animations off, no WiFi or Bluetooth enabled. With the resolution set to 720p, you can view media in 1080p via hdmi, only thing to be aware off is to set the input device to 1080p otherwise it will recognise a 720p device and only show 720p. So ensure to turn off automatic resolution. I use either ps4 or fire stick as input and have no problems with stuttering even with zoom on and 4 point keystone.
    Good news everyone!
    Zoom setting can be disabled with the Chinese firmware NewLauncer home UI. Our long awaited zero frame drop on YouTube vanced 1080p 60fps video is doable. Below the steps to disable the zoom in international firmware:

1. Download the attached NewLauncher app extracted from the Chinese firmware.
    2. Install it.
    3. Press your remote Home button after installed and select the NewLauncher.
    4. Go to Setting.
    5. Select Projection.
    6. Use your remote select the Zoom setting switch and disable it.
    7. System will ask you to reboot.
    8. Reboot and ENJOY!!

I think this would be the ultimate solution for our T2 Max with both zoom off and with Google services all available. Thanks all for all the effort and information try and error. 🙂👍
    i just bought this projector, it comes with android 6.0 and crap ui, the built-in casting app i cannot get to work and I installed this app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=soho.studio.sara.wifidisplaysink&hl=en&gl=US) and it works, but there is no sound , any idea??

btw, is there any simple and working chromecast and airplay apk? I tried airscreen but it doesn't work at all

thx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://androidpctv.com/wanbo-t2-max-price-opinion/

Edit:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are 2 version of T2 Max (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/wanbo-t2-max.4191663/page-27#post-85609093), the firmware is not compatible!!! Here most info are "Smart TV" version Android 6.0
    How to Uninstall Carrier/OEM Bloatware Without Root Access (xda-developers.com)

I use this method to remove some built-in apps using this app, no root needed (you'll need this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttxapps.wifiadb, https://apkpure.com/wifi-adb-debug-over-air/com.ttxapps.wifiadb)

Edit: This is the launcher I use

TVLauncher - Apps on Google Play

Edit 2: You need this to enable Wifi adb

WiFi ADB for Android - APK Download (apkpure.com)

Edit 3: Just remove all toptech and zseasn and com.aispeech.tvui and com.toptech.mitv.wfd stuffs for me

Shortcut Creator - Apps on Google Play

Edit 4: With above you can move zoom and flip settings to main launcher

Edit 5: Maybe I deleted too many apps? Google Play when I search it keeps crashing, probably should keep some toptech files

Edit 6: this is the file manager I use

FX File Explorer: the file manager with privacy - Apps on Google Play
    I'm on International firmware version W073_DC.1080T2.Zeasn.21010915, when I check for updates and use adb logcat I can see that this URL is used when checking for updates (no updates available):

Code:
    http://media.toptech-developer.com:2300/rest/version/list?req={"cusNameJust":"C003_C2","plaNameJust":"MRA58K","preVersionJust":"W073_DC.1080T2.Zeasn.21010915","proNameJust":"C003_358_RX1080","swSize":0}

So I think we can visit:
    Code:
    http://media.toptech-developer.com:2300/rest/version/list?req={"proNameJust":"C003_358_RX1080"}
    to get a list of OTA update files available. Current there is only one entry which looks like an update from W073_zeasn.1080T2.EN.20122420 to W073_zeasn.1080T2.EN.20123109, but that is not the latest version:

JSON:
    {
        "id": 96,
        "verId": "v-0c51fcac-b297-4ecd-a134-1181c5b093e1",
        "plaName": "MRA58K",
        "cusName": "C003_C2",
        "proName": "C003_358_RX1080",
        "preVersion": "W073_zeasn.1080T2.EN.20122420",
        "swVersion": "W073_zeasn.1080T2.EN.20123109",
        "updateMode": 1,
        "swUrl": "http://media.toptech-developer.com:2300/file/Mstar/Mstar358/W073/test/incremental_bennet-ota-W073_zeasn.1080T2.EN.20122420-W073_zeasn.1080T2.EN.20123109.zip",
        "fileName": "incremental_bennet-ota-W073_zeasn.1080T2.EN.20122420-W073_zeasn.1080T2.EN.20123109.zip",
        "swSize": 22245561,
        "swMd5": "50701e1db10f0a77fda0c973dd2d05e2",
        "forceUpdate": 0,
        "isValid": 0,
        "updateContent": "To W073_zeasn.1080T2.EN.20123109",
        "createTime": null,
        "localFile": null
    }
    Guys,

I just created a video showing how you can update this projector with the just-released international/global firmware.

This firmware is very stable and it comes with Google Play store too!

You may view it at

Enjoy!

Daniel Lau