• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Wanbo T2 Max

Search This thread

Mushulay

Sep 14, 2021
Hi,
I am very happy with the wanbo, I got it about 2 month now and it runs smooth with zoom on. I use it only via hdmi input and use android only for the 4 corner keystoning. I'm running firmware 21052018, resolution set to 720p, 1 background process and animations off, no WiFi or Bluetooth enabled. With the resolution set to 720p, you can view media in 1080p via hdmi, only thing to be aware off is to set the input device to 1080p otherwise it will recognise a 720p device and only show 720p. So ensure to turn off automatic resolution. I use either ps4 or fire stick as input and have no problems with stuttering even with zoom on and 4 point keystone.

SamTarly12345

Sep 15, 2021
Who has a working projector
Please upload the file here
system\build.prop
Hi! I flashed the firmware and had the same issue of a mirror inverted projected screen that I can't fix. I'm buying a new one with the Android 9 OS that will arrive over the next few days. I'll share the build.prob file when I get it. Let me know if there's anything else from the Android 9 OS that would help. Thanks.

Last edited:

QzeroD

Sep 13, 2021
Привет! Я прошил прошивку, и у меня была та же проблема с зеркально перевернутым проекционным экраном, которую я не могу исправить. Я получаю новый, который должен иметь ОС Android 9 и который должен появиться в течение следующих нескольких дней. Я новичок. Пожалуйста, объясните, какой именно файл мне нужно извлечь и поделиться. Телосложение.файл prob - это все, что вам нужно? В версии Android 6 это всего 6,13 КБ. Спасибо.

Hi! I flashed the firmware and had the same issue of a mirror inverted projected screen that I can't fix. I'm buying a new one with the Android 9 OS and which should arrive over the next few days. I'll share the build.prob file when I get it. Thanks.
Hello. In the build file.Prop basic parameters. I wanted to see what is different on the working and on the inverted and mirrored projector.

Sep 15, 2021
Hi,
I am very happy with the wanbo, I got it about 2 month now and it runs smooth with zoom on. I use it only via hdmi input and use android only for the 4 corner keystoning. I'm running firmware 21052018, resolution set to 720p, 1 background process and animations off, no WiFi or Bluetooth enabled. With the resolution set to 720p, you can view media in 1080p via hdmi, only thing to be aware off is to set the input device to 1080p otherwise it will recognise a 720p device and only show 720p. So ensure to turn off automatic resolution. I use either ps4 or fire stick as input and have no problems with stuttering even with zoom on and 4 point keystone.
Thanks for the information! How did you change wanbo resolution?

JockeSve

Aug 1, 2013
Thanks for the information! How did you change wanbo resolution?
See GitHub-link in @Coldieee's reply in post:

(Lines 22-23 are for locking resolution)

Reactions: Mizhelrg

sad_janus

Dec 27, 2012
hello everyone !!

I have the wanbo t2max since a few days
mine came with android 9 and I'm just seeing the whole issue that has been done with the firmware.

is there anything i can help you with ?? I haven't done anything to it, just check the system update

additionally, do you know if there is any way to get 5.1 audio out of the wanbo ??? (for use with a hometheter)

=)

Attachments

• f8f426f4-32c6-44d0-bfae-a4092ebc229d.jpg
    f8f426f4-32c6-44d0-bfae-a4092ebc229d.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 9e67106c-4ed9-4363-af2d-a81868a6beac.jpg
    9e67106c-4ed9-4363-af2d-a81868a6beac.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 137

gordnnnn

Dec 23, 2014
hello everyone !!

I have the wanbo t2max since a few days
mine came with android 9 and I'm just seeing the whole issue that has been done with the firmware.

is there anything i can help you with ?? I haven't done anything to it, just check the system update

additionally, do you know if there is any way to get 5.1 audio out of the wanbo ??? (for use with a hometheter)

=)
Hmmmm....it says you got the Modell T2 not the T2+ ..... Thats kinda mysterious.

Here is my answer from wanbo. The message could not be delivered 🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-16-06-37-14-371_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-16-06-37-14-371_com.google.android.gm.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 87

sad_janus

Dec 27, 2012
Hmmmm....it says you got the Modell T2 not the T2+ ..... Thats kinda mysterious.

Here is my answer from wanbo. The message could not be delivered 🤣🤣🤣

I don't know if that's how they mention the label above, maybe on firmware android 9 only say "T2" now??

this is mine label

i also installed 3 diferents apps from play store (DRM info, AIDA 64, and other),, on the 3 shows 1920 display.

in the native wanbo youtube app show FullHD too.

Attachments

• Sin título-1.jpg
    Sin título-1.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 182
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 151
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 192

Nat.persik

Sep 16, 2021
It's simple.(global/international Version only)View attachment 5328547

1.download and extract the .rar File from Here (right mouse click safe target as)
You should get a .bin file.
2. Format a usb drive to FAT32
3. Copy the .bin file to the usb drive
4. Plug off the Power cable from the wanbo
5. Insert the usb drive
6. Plug in the Power cable
7. Hold the Power on Button till the update Screen shows, then Release it.

Then you will see the update process. Once this is done, your wanbo turned off. You turn it on with your remote.
The Android sign will show (No worry, it will be there for a few minutes) and then you are on the newest Firmware with much better Performance. 👍

To safe wanbo's recources i set Background processes Limit to 1 (you have to do this every time you Start your wanbo) and turn off all Animations in Developer Options.

At least, i recommend to use external Hardware via HDMI. Wanbo's internal Hardware is not powerfull enough to handle Keystone and all together.
Please how to flash the recovery? what is the procedure please? i have already original global version. ^_^
Old link fail... ;(

SamTarly12345

Sep 15, 2021
Hello. In the build file.Prop basic parameters. I wanted to see what is different on the working and on the inverted and mirrored projector.
Hi! Here's a working from vendor Android 6 build.prop (i renamed it to txt to be able to attach it here; note its not android 9). I looked at the differences between my laterally inverted (mirror image) build.prop and this one. My guess is that the persist.sys.trapezoid_enable needs to be changed from 1 to 0 though there were quite a few differences. I hope this proves useful to some of you.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to root (or even use adb) to edit the build.prop. Newbie. Any one able to help? Thanks & cheers!

Attachments

• build-prop.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 26

MrBull3t21

Sep 18, 2021
Hello everyone,

does anybody else have a problem with the Wanbo T2 Global Edition?? I just received mine a few weeks ago but the display is flipped 180 degrees no matter which "flip" option I pick from the settings. The only way to see the display in the correct position is to physically flip the projector itself upside down.

Got an issue here, I just updated the firmware, but my display is now flipped, there is no way I can change it back, tried "Settings" > "Flip" but nothing changes when I click ok, any help would be appreciated

I have the same situation, is it resolved?

I have the same issue as the posters above.

I used the Latest International FW shared in this post and my screen is upside down and mirrored. The flip settings in the system preferences does not work anymore. If it helps, the projector was just bought recently so I don't know if the newer batches of the same projector has a different internal setting inside that flips and mirrors the image when incompatible (older) firmware is installed.

If anyone knows how to fix this issue please share it here. I just created an account to let everyone know.

Hey guys I installed the new firmware but now everything is inverted any way for me to fix that?

Hi guys !

I've exactly the same problem. Just bought my Wanbo T2 Max, tried to update and... now that's quite a big disappointement.

I tried to install an older version of the firmware but nothing seems to work. Now everything is reversed ! Even inside the recovery menu so I guess it's a problem in the roots of the program ?

Thank you in advance for all the work you're all doing, Elibonbon

Actually Im in this trouble with Wambo T2 MAX, Global. After update the system all the image its upside down. Here is a image with the firmware projector came from the store, is anyone using or could provide this version 21070617 ?

Hi! I flashed the firmware and had the same issue of a mirror inverted projected screen that I can't fix. I'm buying a new one with the Android 9 OS that will arrive over the next few days. I'll share the build.prob file when I get it. Let me know if there's anything else from the Android 9 OS that would help. Thanks.

For those who suffer from upside down flipped and mirrored image problem i just contacted with Mrs. Linda and she sent me the 20210706 version and this solved my problem. I hope it solves your problem too. I'll leave link and attach the zip file also.

Attachments

• 20210706_7b978a4a_W073_FJ1080V7_T2_Zeasn_EN_ZXlogo_不覆盖MAC_mainz_C2_OTA_W073_DC.1080_V7_T2.Zeas...rar
    506.9 MB · Views: 47

firecough

Jul 30, 2020
For those who suffer from upside down flipped and mirrored image problem i just contacted with Mrs. Linda and she sent me the 20210706 version and this solved my problem. I hope it solves your problem too. I'll leave link and attach the zip file also.

Hello, thank you for the firmware. I had my hopes up but it seems it's even worse now. Currently its now both upside down and inverted, the flip options do not change anything at all. When I click on a flip option, the screen just jiggles and bugs out to the same position. What can I do now?

Elibonbon

Aug 25, 2021

Ok done for me and it fixed the problem !! @MrBull3t21, I definitly thank you for sharing the solution and give me back my Wanbo !!!

MrBull3t21

Sep 18, 2021
Hello, thank you for the firmware. I had my hopes up but it seems it's even worse now. Currently its now both upside down and inverted, the flip options do not change anything at all. When I click on a flip option, the screen just jiggles and bugs out to the same position. What can I do now?
You can contact Mrs. Linda with your serial number under your projector. Her mail address is [email protected]. I think she'll find a solution for you as well.

MrBull3t21

Sep 18, 2021
Hello, can you please mention the exact steps you followed? I also updated with the firmware but now its even worse.

1.download and extract the .rar File from Here (right mouse click safe target as)
5. Insert the usb drive

Then you will see the update process. Once this is done, your wanbo turned off. You turn it on with your remote.
The Android sign will show (No worry, it will be there for a few minutes) and then you are on the newest Firmware with much better Performance. 👍

To safe wanbo's recources i set Background processes Limit to 1 (you have to do this every time you Start your wanbo) and turn off all Animations in Developer Options.

At least, i recommend to use external Hardware via HDMI. Wanbo's internal Hardware is not powerfull enough to handle Keystone and all together.
You can follow this steps. I've done with that way

Reactions: 5tormChild

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

does anybody else have a problem with the Wanbo T2 Global Edition?? I just received mine a few weeks ago but the display is flipped 180 degrees no matter which "flip" option I pick from the settings. The only way to see the display in the correct position is to physically flip the projector itself upside down.

Got an issue here, I just updated the firmware, but my display is now flipped, there is no way I can change it back, tried "Settings" > "Flip" but nothing changes when I click ok, any help would be appreciated

I have the same situation, is it resolved?

I have the same issue as the posters above.

I used the Latest International FW shared in this post and my screen is upside down and mirrored. The flip settings in the system preferences does not work anymore. If it helps, the projector was just bought recently so I don't know if the newer batches of the same projector has a different internal setting inside that flips and mirrors the image when incompatible (older) firmware is installed.

If anyone knows how to fix this issue please share it here. I just created an account to let everyone know.

Hey guys I installed the new firmware but now everything is inverted any way for me to fix that?

Hi guys !

I've exactly the same problem. Just bought my Wanbo T2 Max, tried to update and... now that's quite a big disappointement.

I tried to install an older version of the firmware but nothing seems to work. Now everything is reversed ! Even inside the recovery menu so I guess it's a problem in the roots of the program ?

Thank you in advance for all the work you're all doing, Elibonbon

Actually Im in this trouble with Wambo T2 MAX, Global. After update the system all the image its upside down. Here is a image with the firmware projector came from the store, is anyone using or could provide this version 21070617 ?

could you give me the steps to change to 720p?
    it is done with pc, the developer mode is activated, it connects to the pc and the adb shell is started, the command to change the screen is entered and that's it?
    is what I understand in the tutorials I have seen 😭
    This is how to remove built-in apps but you can also change the resolution with this command instead.

adb shell wm size 1280x720
    ※ Default : 1920x1080

Hope this helps.

How You Shure it's real 1080p? I don't understand, if You configure the projector at 720p a more resolución input no looks like rescale 1080i?
    After changing the wanbo resolution to 720p up, I started watching a movie via fire stick and you could see straight away that the resolution was reduced. I checked the settings of the firestick and the resolution went a automatic to 720p. I set it manual to 1080p. Starting the movie again the resolution was way better. I use a 100 inch screen so the resolution difference 720p to 1080p is quite easy to see. 1080i does not make any sense since the projector thinks it is 720p and the performance would most likely drop considering the extra work for the wanbo. Using the laptop as input, mirroring the display and comparing the display with the projector, small text etc are displayed sharp 1080p, certainly not 720p. Again need to set the output manually to 1080p.
    Hello, can you please mention the exact steps you followed? I also updated with the firmware but now its even worse.

5. Insert the usb drive

You can follow this steps. I've done with that way
    Could you change the resolution? Could you tell me how can you help me
    Instructions are on the GitHub page and worked OK for me.

If You are unsure how to use ADB connections maybe You shouldn't practice on Your projector...
    Else there are quite few how-to's both here on XDA and on Google/Youtube.
    Good news everyone!
    Zoom setting can be disabled with the Chinese firmware NewLauncer home UI. Our long awaited zero frame drop on YouTube vanced 1080p 60fps video is doable. Below the steps to disable the zoom in international firmware:

1. Download the attached NewLauncher app extracted from the Chinese firmware.
    2. Install it.
    3. Press your remote Home button after installed and select the NewLauncher.
    4. Go to Setting.
    5. Select Projection.
    6. Use your remote select the Zoom setting switch and disable it.
    7. System will ask you to reboot.
    8. Reboot and ENJOY!!

I think this would be the ultimate solution for our T2 Max with both zoom off and with Google services all available. Thanks all for all the effort and information try and error. 🙂👍
    i just bought this projector, it comes with android 6.0 and crap ui, the built-in casting app i cannot get to work and I installed this app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=soho.studio.sara.wifidisplaysink&hl=en&gl=US) and it works, but there is no sound , any idea??

btw, is there any simple and working chromecast and airplay apk? I tried airscreen but it doesn't work at all

thx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://androidpctv.com/wanbo-t2-max-price-opinion/

Edit:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are 2 version of T2 Max (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/wanbo-t2-max.4191663/page-27#post-85609093), the firmware is not compatible!!! Here most info are "Smart TV" version Android 6.0
    How to Uninstall Carrier/OEM Bloatware Without Root Access (xda-developers.com)

I use this method to remove some built-in apps using this app, no root needed (you'll need this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttxapps.wifiadb, https://apkpure.com/wifi-adb-debug-over-air/com.ttxapps.wifiadb)

Edit: This is the launcher I use

TVLauncher - Apps on Google Play

Edit 2: You need this to enable Wifi adb

WiFi ADB for Android - APK Download (apkpure.com)

Edit 3: Just remove all toptech and zseasn and com.aispeech.tvui and com.toptech.mitv.wfd stuffs for me

Shortcut Creator - Apps on Google Play

Edit 4: With above you can move zoom and flip settings to main launcher

Edit 5: Maybe I deleted too many apps? Google Play when I search it keeps crashing, probably should keep some toptech files

Edit 6: this is the file manager I use

FX File Explorer: the file manager with privacy - Apps on Google Play
    I'm on International firmware version W073_DC.1080T2.Zeasn.21010915, when I check for updates and use adb logcat I can see that this URL is used when checking for updates (no updates available):

Code:
    http://media.toptech-developer.com:2300/rest/version/list?req={"cusNameJust":"C003_C2","plaNameJust":"MRA58K","preVersionJust":"W073_DC.1080T2.Zeasn.21010915","proNameJust":"C003_358_RX1080","swSize":0}

So I think we can visit:
    Code:
    http://media.toptech-developer.com:2300/rest/version/list?req={"proNameJust":"C003_358_RX1080"}
    to get a list of OTA update files available. Current there is only one entry which looks like an update from W073_zeasn.1080T2.EN.20122420 to W073_zeasn.1080T2.EN.20123109, but that is not the latest version:

JSON:
    {
        "id": 96,
        "verId": "v-0c51fcac-b297-4ecd-a134-1181c5b093e1",
        "plaName": "MRA58K",
        "cusName": "C003_C2",
        "proName": "C003_358_RX1080",
        "preVersion": "W073_zeasn.1080T2.EN.20122420",
        "swVersion": "W073_zeasn.1080T2.EN.20123109",
        "updateMode": 1,
        "swUrl": "http://media.toptech-developer.com:2300/file/Mstar/Mstar358/W073/test/incremental_bennet-ota-W073_zeasn.1080T2.EN.20122420-W073_zeasn.1080T2.EN.20123109.zip",
        "fileName": "incremental_bennet-ota-W073_zeasn.1080T2.EN.20122420-W073_zeasn.1080T2.EN.20123109.zip",
        "swSize": 22245561,
        "swMd5": "50701e1db10f0a77fda0c973dd2d05e2",
        "forceUpdate": 0,
        "isValid": 0,
        "updateContent": "To W073_zeasn.1080T2.EN.20123109",
        "createTime": null,
        "localFile": null
    }
    Guys,

I just created a video showing how you can update this projector with the just-released international/global firmware.

This firmware is very stable and it comes with Google Play store too!

You may view it at

Enjoy!

Daniel Lau