Wanbo T2 Max

optionalmgrr.la

Sep 5, 2015
I also uninstall com.android.mid.systemmenu.services as it seem not part of android system app and keep crashing and popup message when we're using resource heavy app...
i don't have this problem, but you gotta love the chinese devs who has their own way of doing things lol

btw, maybe someone can post the pm list packages output here... mine already got rid of something so not representative

sklchan

Feb 20, 2012
btw, do you guys have any chromecast or airplay receiver that have tried and worked on the t2 max?
The one that you install that have 10 minutes limit app is the only working miracast workable for my Samsung note 9. I might later try the international firmware again with all those extracted Chinese firmware settings and control apps extracted. As I've bought that miracast app and without the goggle store services it won't unlock.

Reactions: optionalmgrr.la

sklchan

Feb 20, 2012
Good news everyone!
Zoom setting can be disabled with the Chinese firmware NewLauncer home UI. Our long awaited zero frame drop on YouTube vanced 1080p 60fps video is doable. Below the steps to disable the zoom in international firmware:

1. Download the attached NewLauncher app extracted from the Chinese firmware.
2. Install it.
3. Press your remote Home button after installed and select the NewLauncher.
4. Go to Setting.
5. Select Projection.
6. Use your remote select the Zoom setting switch and disable it.
7. System will ask you to reboot.
8. Reboot and ENJOY!!

I think this would be the ultimate solution for our T2 Max with both zoom off and with Google services all available. Thanks all for all the effort and information try and error. 🙂👍

Attachments

Fabiogenk

Jan 13, 2021
Hey guys, just tried something new.

I used ADB Shell over wifi to change the projector screen to 1280x720 and also with zoom settings on and external hdmi device (Amazon stick tv) there is no lag :) I'm really satisfied with that, and the resolution on the Amazon stick remains 1080 without loosing quality.

Video link

Let me know what do you think

Reactions: nohaoo and Leong428

ph324

Nov 16, 2012
Bath
Good news everyone!
Zoom setting can be disabled with the Chinese firmware NewLauncer home UI. Our long awaited zero frame drop on YouTube vanced 1080p 60fps video is doable. Below the steps to disable the zoom in international firmware:

1. Download the attached NewLauncher app extracted from the Chinese firmware.
2. Install it.
3. Press your remote Home button after installed and select the NewLauncher.
4. Go to Setting.
5. Select Projection.
6. Use your remote select the Zoom setting switch and disable it.
7. System will ask you to reboot.
8. Reboot and ENJOY!!

I think this would be the ultimate solution for our T2 Max with both zoom off and with Google services all available. Thanks all for all the effort and information try and error. 🙂👍
Awesome, thanks for your efforts!

The frame rates are certainly better with Zoom off, although I think it is needed for trapezoidal correction. Does anybody else have the same experience?

Leong428

Oct 9, 2010
Manchester, UK

I used ADB Shell over wifi to change the projector screen to 1280x720 and also with zoom settings on and external hdmi device (Amazon stick tv) there is no lag :) I'm really satisfied with that, and the resolution on the Amazon stick remains 1080 without loosing quality.

Video link

That's very promising! Do you mind typing out the commands here for changing the resolution over ADB and also to activate the zoom settings?

Thanks

Reactions: optionalmgrr.la

optionalmgrr.la

Sep 5, 2015
hi! What frame drop problem you guys talking about and what is the Chinese zoom app??? :D netflix is running just fine and HDMI in looks ok. Miracast of course lags badly but what can you do with this CPU, RAM and 2.4GHz network

nohaoo

Dec 28, 2020
hi! What frame drop problem you guys talking about and what is the Chinese zoom app??? :D netflix is running just fine and HDMI in looks ok. Miracast of course lags badly but what can you do with this CPU, RAM and 2.4GHz network
If your device projects at an angle you will see trapezoid screen. In that case you need to adjust trapezoid setting and it requires zoom setting on. If the zoom is on then Wanbo T2 Max CPU usage soars and frame rate drops and stutters. If zoom is off, FHD with 60 fps you will see.

Last edited:

sklchan

Feb 20, 2012

Video link

This will defeat the purpose of the t2 max where ppl bought it because want the fullhd projector experience...

optionalmgrr.la

Sep 5, 2015
If your device projects at an angle you will see trapezoid screen. In that case you need to adjust trapezoid setting and it requires zoom setting on. If the zoom is on then Wanbo T2 Max CPU usage soars and frame rate drops and stutters. If zoom is off, FHD with 60 fps you will see.
The chinese app has a different zoom setting app other than the international firmware's trapezoid setting in the setting screen?

ph324

Nov 16, 2012
Bath
I hope this can be fixed with a firmware update.