Wanbo T2 Max

LeFarfadet

Apr 4, 2011
It was delivered with this firmware installed. If anyone can suggest me how to extract this one, I can help... and no OTA update available in my T2Max.

Last edited:
Reactions: nohaoo

shim80

Dec 18, 2010
I would like to see custom ROMs for this device...
Or maybe a way to switch the motherboard for something more powerful (like Orange Pi Zero 2)...

optionalmgrr.la

Sep 5, 2015
It was delivered with this firmware installed. If anyone can suggest me how to extract this one, I can help... and no OTA update available in my T2Max.
i wonder if we have to flash new version rom by power button method, it will replace everything and we need to setup each time again?

ota seems better but we don't know if ota will work.

lemonial

Apr 1, 2020
Suwon
i wonder if we have to flash new version rom by power button method, it will replace everything and we need to setup each time again?

ota seems better but we don't know if ota will work.
Firmware update will delete exiting DB including apps and configuarions. So you need to set them up from the scratch once update is done.

sklchan

Feb 20, 2012
I've rooted my device but nothing much can play with as the kernel kind of limited. Found out the ADB Debug through WiFi no need any extra app as previously suggested by other. Then just with these adb debugging remote command able to unlock the full 1.7ghz cpu frequency toward dedicated apps you have.
Below the example to unleashed the youtube vance to full 1.7ghz cpu clock. For any others apps that you have just add in their packages detail in the .XML file and update it using same method.

sklchan

Feb 20, 2012
1. Remote adb into your t2max
2. Type in below command:

Code:
su

mount -o remount,rw /

mount -o remount,rw /system

busybox mkdir /sdcard/SuperSU

cp /system/etc/cpu_dvfs_scaling_antutu_packages.xml /sdcard/SuperSU
3. DO NOT CLOSE your remote adb session!
4. Now using text editing app and manual edit the extracted .xml file with your package name within.
5. After edit completed, save and proceed with below command in your remote adb

Code:
cp /sdcard/SuperSU/cpu_dvfs_scaling_antutu_packages.xml /system/etc/cpu_dvfs_scaling_antutu_packages.xml

chmod 0644 /system/etc/cpu_dvfs_scaling_antutu_packages.xml

chcon u:object_r:system_file:s0 /system/etc/cpu_dvfs_scaling_antutu_packages.xml
6. Reboot your t2max.
7. ENJOY!!!

This is the mediatek cpu benchmark cheat code. So whatever packages name that in the .xml file will get cpu boosted while running.

I've out of idea what else to do to tweak our t2max now... 😀

Last edited:
Reactions: nohaoo and lemonial

nohaoo

Dec 28, 2020
I also uninstall com.android.mid.systemmenu.services as it seem not part of android system app and keep crashing and popup message when we're using resource heavy app...
Is it still stable after uninstalling mid.systemmenu? And no more popup mesaages?

sklchan

Feb 20, 2012
Is it still stable after uninstalling mid.systemmenu? And no more popup mesaages?
After checking DO NOT uninstall this mid.systemmenu.services as this is the long press side menu for the Picture,Color,Sound setup menu which I think is crucial for t2max as a projector.

grunge888

Nov 14, 2019
I've rooted my device but nothing much can play with as the kernel kind of limited. Found out the ADB Debug through WiFi no need any extra app as previously suggested by other. Then just with these adb debugging remote command able to unlock the full 1.7ghz cpu frequency toward dedicated apps you have.
Below the example to unleashed the youtube vance to full 1.7ghz cpu clock. For any others apps that you have just add in their packages detail in the .XML file and update it using same method.
that’s so awesome! is it possible to boost the processor for the hdmi input? There may be a an id for it?

bonobogaming

Nov 1, 2017
I connect my T2 max on my AV amplifier that i connect my chromecast/PS4/Recal box but all sound output are goign out from my T2 speaker instead my AV amplifier .
Is there any way to use my 5.1 system of my amplifier system?

Fabiogenk

Jan 13, 2021
I connect my T2 max on my AV amplifier that i connect my chromecast/PS4/Recal box but all sound output are goign out from my T2 speaker instead my AV amplifier .
Is there any way to use my 5.1 system of my amplifier system?
I think it can't reproduce 5.1 audio, but i'm not sure.

nohaoo

Dec 28, 2020
Hi, I'm a bit stuck.

I have a Chinese version of the firmware : WB-T2Max1080CN-V1.00-20201229 and I can't flash to the international version.

I have a 8GB usb key in USB2.0 format in FAT32. I paste the rights files at the root of the key.

Nothing happen when i plug it and press the button when the projector boot. It just boot normally.

Do you have an idea of how I can do that ?
A korean user also having same experience. It seems that the latest firmware with iQiYi launcher does not work of USB firmware update by long press power button.

He even tried a USB update in the setting using International firmware (bin file) by changing the file name then his T2 Max became a brick... I really want to help him restoring..

iQiYi looks like this.
다운로드 (1).png

Supergupin

Feb 21, 2012
A korean user also having same experience. It seems that the latest firmware with iQiYi launcher does not work of USB firmware update by long press power button.

He even tried a USB update in the setting using International firmware (bin file) by changing the file name then his T2 Max became a brick... I really want to help him restoring..

iQiYi looks like this.
View attachment 5201557
I have exactly this Launcher. If you find a solution, please tell me. I will do the same if I find something.

Thank you :)

Last edited:

corass

Oct 20, 2008
My bad my issue was just the fact that i have forget to enable HDMI CEC/ARC in the T2 max config menu.

Other question :

Any possibility to boot on the hdmi directly (instead smart tv menu)?
As far as I know, the chinese laucher (on prev pages) could do that. Just change it for this purpose, do it, change again for your launcher.

sklchan

Feb 20, 2012
So far I'm impress with this projector, after some tuning and run some performance test in youtube below what I've got...

20210202_082944.jpg