Wanbo T2 Max (Android 6.0)

Search This thread

yin206403

Jul 26, 2021

Tech72

Jul 27, 2021
I'm sorry, mine is just arrived and I've updated it with no problems.
I've activated developer mode but I can't find where is option to limit to 1 the background app, can someone help me please?

Tech72

Jul 27, 2021
Dev options > Apps (green) > Background process limit ;)
But YouTube needs 3 (because ads - sometimes freezes screen) and still lags in video. Not every video does it. I'm testing the Aquaman 60fps / 1080p trailer. :(
Thank's, anyway the best way is to forget the internal OS and use a stick on HDMI port, the only problem I report in this way is the remote response it is glitchy, do you've same problem or is my remote faulty?

m1lanco

Apr 25, 2021
I use Mi TV Stick, because this Wanbo Android 6 is disappointing and unusable. But even on a TV Stick, it's not so smooth in action scenes in this projector. Weird. My remote controller work great, but hate this manual mouse moves.

Tech72

Jul 27, 2021
I use Mi TV Stick, because this Wanbo Android 6 is disappointing and unusable. But even on a TV Stick, it's not so smooth in action scenes in this projector. Weird. My remote controller work great, but hate this manual mouse moves.
I'm using a 4k Firestick (1080p/60Hz set) and everything is fine, never seen glitch. The only limit is the weak brightness, 200 ANSI lumen are good just for size under 70" or less into dark room.

Bonus999

Jul 26, 2021
Good afternoon.
With the global Firmware 21052018, can you use the 4-point zoom and the image continues to go smoothly?
Using or not and external player (tv box, chromecast...)
Thanks
If you are talking about 4K 60FPS, 100% smooth only when you disabled the Zoom even using the HDMI with external device. I have tried using 4 points and using external device with 4K 60 FPS, it is not smooth like when the zoom off.

However, if you are watching steaming video (e.g. Disney+ , Netflix), they normally throw you 1080P (max resolution on your device) and not even 60FPS. So it is not a concern for me with this price range projector as a secondary and using in my bedroom with lights off.

aralex1972

Mar 13, 2021
Thank you all for the answers.
I have read the 24 pages of the post, it was in case something had happened to me.
I also use mi stick, and the truth is that without using the zoom I am very happy with the result.
The remote responds to me.

gordnnnn

Dec 23, 2014
I am also pleased with it. And yes, i put a Sideboard on my Wall to project straight to the Wall with Zoom off. And yes, this is the best Performance.
In a dark room, the Picture is really great.
But i am hyped for the wanbo T2 R Max which will come to us in September.
I will defenetly buy it.

tlhan

Aug 2, 2021
I have reinstalled the firmware several times, but the situation is still the same. Is there something wrong?

I have the same situation, is it resolved?

I have the same issue as the posters above.

I used the Latest International FW shared in this post and my screen is upside down and mirrored. The flip settings in the system preferences does not work anymore. If it helps, the projector was just bought recently so I don't know if the newer batches of the same projector has a different internal setting inside that flips and mirrors the image when incompatible (older) firmware is installed.

If anyone knows how to fix this issue please share it here. I just created an account to let everyone know.

yin206403

Jul 26, 2021
I have the same issue as the posters above.

I used the Latest International FW shared in this post and my screen is upside down and mirrored. The flip settings in the system preferences does not work anymore. If it helps, the projector was just bought recently so I don't know if the newer batches of the same projector has a different internal setting inside that flips and mirrors the image when incompatible (older) firmware is installed.

If anyone knows how to fix this issue please share it here. I just created an account to let everyone know.
I sent the machine back for replacement.

tlhan

Aug 2, 2021
I sent the machine back for replacement.
I just contacted the seller and Im also getting a new unit in later this week. Damn with this many issues, I really wonder why this is still recommended in 2021. Found out today I need to pick up a HDMI audio extractor adapter for it too in order to output 2.1 stereo sound from the built in 3.5mm jack when casting to it. Might as well have picked up a more expensive one if I knew what I was getting into.

JockeSve

Aug 1, 2013
... Might as well have picked up a more expensive one if I knew what I was getting into.
Yepp, must agree on that.
<OFF TOPIC>
Just hoping to find one with at least 720p, Android 9 (or later) and properly sized HW that's still is as portable as T2 to reasonable price. Any ideas?
</OFF TOPIC>

it-mac

Nov 23, 2020
Hi, can anyone test the Newpipe app on this projector? It is an youtube streaming app which probably runs smoother on weaker hardware. Thx and Best!

raezchavez

Jul 4, 2021
How do I enter the recovery mode of the T2 max? for factory reset, is there any button combination if i can't enter android menu?

mohjax

May 21, 2021
Anybody else having this problem... the ghost of the previous video is still present in the scene. I was watching the news earlier and now I watching a movie but the news ticker is still clearly visible.... you can still see the number 24 below...
Screenshot_20210820-205145_Gallery.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is about T2 Max, made by Wanbo.

There are at least 2 versions of T2 Max:
    #1. Android 6.0
    #2. Android 9.0

THE FIRMWARE OF THESE 2 MODELS ARE INCOMPATIBLE

This thread is about #1. If you have #2, please go here.

img_20211125_154000l-jpg.5472305

photo via https://xdaforums.com/t/wanbo-t2-max-android-6-0.4191663/page-34#post-86029935

Also...
    This thread is not about the T2 Free. (check the bottom of your unit)
    This thread is not about the T2R Max.
    Hi,

I bought the T2 Max international version (with Android 9) a week ago, so I've had time to test it a bit now.

I was able to make different tests on many things to optimize the thing as much as possible and I arrived at a perfect result now and which satisfies me completely, I said to myself that it would be perhaps useful that I make my return here.

First, for the conditions of use, I use the T2 Max with a Fire Stick 4K Max. Forget the integrated android, it can help but it is not good. I bought 33 euros on Amazon the Fire Stick 4K Max, for the price it is well worth it and it gives a boost to T2.

I also use Plex to stream content from my NAS/PC to the T2 Max, in local networks (also tested in Wifi, no problem).

Now you have all the information about how I use the T2 MAX.

But even so there were stutters in 1080p, small but very present during panorama or traveling, while I was in HDMI. I use the trapezoidal correction but I think that 80% of the people will also use it just to make a good rectangular frame. I didn't see any change in the stutters with or without on my version of the T2 Max, it was identical anyway.

After a few tests I noticed that the stutters were greatly reduced if I switched the fire stick to 1080p 50 Hz resolution instead of 1080p 60 hz. I came to two conclusions:

- Forcing 50 Hz and therefore 50 FPS helped to relieve the T2 Max, Fewer frames to calculate per second more power available? maybe.
    - Or the T2 Max has a framepacing problem in 60 Hz. After all, movies, series, animation are all either in 24 HZ, 25 Hz or 30 Hz.

I have largely favored this second answer.

Now the things I have done to correct this little stuttering problem:

- Go to the Developer mode on the android of the T2 Max and force the 2D GPU rendering. With my android 9 version, I had to install the "Developer settings" program, easily available on the play store.

- In the Fire Stick 4K Max, in the "Display and Sound" settings, there are two important options. The first one is to leave the resolution on Auto, it will take care of it very well by itself and it is necessary for the next step.

- The second important option is just below: "Match original framerate". On an application that supports it, it allows a 24 FPS movie to pass the T2 Max in 24 hz and thus to have a perfect frametime. Fortunately T2 Max handles the frequency change very well too. Turn it ON !

- Now on Plex, you have the option "Refresh Rate Switch" in Video Settings, which allows you to send the signal to the firestick to change the frequency, which itself will send the signal to T2 Max. Activate it !

After doing this, now when I start any movie, serie, anime on PLEX, no matter what frequency it is, whether it's 24 Hz, 25 HZ, 50 Hz or 60 Hz, the firestick will adapt and change the signal to match.

Result: An ultra fluid image and frametime, a perfect match. No stuttering even minimal, nothing! It's perfect.
    With or without Zoom, with or without trapezoidale correction.

And I've tested every possible situation given my library, believe me. Movies in 4K, in 1080p, in 480p, in PAL, in NTSC, anime, series. And I have seen absolutely no problems.

Having spent time configuring it, I thought I'd share my feedback. I don't regret my purchase, this projector is incredible once it's mastered.
    For less than 150 euros (T2 Max + fire Stick) I have an ultra fluid projector, which reads everything, which does everything, with a good image and without slowing down.

Sorry for the large amount of text, I hope it helps some people here. :)
    Good news everyone!
    Zoom setting can be disabled with the Chinese firmware NewLauncer home UI. Our long awaited zero frame drop on YouTube vanced 1080p 60fps video is doable. Below the steps to disable the zoom in international firmware:

1. Download the attached NewLauncher app extracted from the Chinese firmware.
    2. Install it.
    3. Press your remote Home button after installed and select the NewLauncher.
    4. Go to Setting.
    5. Select Projection.
    6. Use your remote select the Zoom setting switch and disable it.
    7. System will ask you to reboot.
    8. Reboot and ENJOY!!

I think this would be the ultimate solution for our T2 Max with both zoom off and with Google services all available. Thanks all for all the effort and information try and error. 🙂👍
    How to Uninstall Carrier/OEM Bloatware Without Root Access (xda-developers.com)

I use this method to remove some built-in apps using this app, no root needed (you'll need this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttxapps.wifiadb, https://apkpure.com/wifi-adb-debug-over-air/com.ttxapps.wifiadb)

Edit: This is the launcher I use

TVLauncher - Apps on Google Play

Edit 2: You need this to enable Wifi adb

WiFi ADB for Android - APK Download (apkpure.com)

Edit 3: Just remove all toptech and zseasn and com.aispeech.tvui and com.toptech.mitv.wfd stuffs for me

Shortcut Creator - Apps on Google Play

Edit 4: With above you can move zoom and flip settings to main launcher

Edit 5: Maybe I deleted too many apps? Google Play when I search it keeps crashing, probably should keep some toptech files

Edit 6: this is the file manager I use

FX File Explorer: the file manager with privacy - Apps on Google Play
    Guys,

I just created a video showing how you can update this projector with the just-released international/global firmware.

This firmware is very stable and it comes with Google Play store too!

You may view it at

Enjoy!

Daniel Lau