Wanbo T2 Max (Android 6.0)

Search This thread

d3xtral

Sep 23, 2021
hi can someone help me? the image the projector creates is a bit off center and the bottom and the right side of the image is cutt off. like i can only see half of my start button when i use hdmi. is this normal? and is there anyway to fix it without the keystone stuff? i can see faint grey area in the top and left side, that if i can center the image a bit more will fix this weird cutt off issue but i have no idea how to do it.

d3xtral

Sep 23, 2021
hi can someone help me? the image the projector creates is a bit off center and the bottom and the right side of the image is cutt off. like i can only see half of my start button when i use hdmi. is this normal? and is there anyway to fix it without the keystone stuff? i can see faint grey area in the top and left side, that if i can center the image a bit more will fix this weird cutt off issue but i have no idea how to do it.
nevermind updated to the 2107xx firmware and its perfect now without the stupid resource hog zoom

Sep 15, 2021
Hi,
I am very happy with the wanbo, I got it about 2 month now and it runs smooth with zoom on. I use it only via hdmi input and use android only for the 4 corner keystoning. I'm running firmware 21052018, resolution set to 720p, 1 background process and animations off, no WiFi or Bluetooth enabled. With the resolution set to 720p, you can view media in 1080p via hdmi, only thing to be aware off is to set the input device to 1080p otherwise it will recognise a 720p device and only show 720p. So ensure to turn off automatic resolution. I use either ps4 or fire stick as input and have no problems with stuttering even with zoom on and 4 point keystone.
Did you disable any other apps? I made the ADB commands and they worked. The projector actually works in 720p and via HDMI at 1080p, but the fluidity difference is still very large.

Mushulay

Sep 14, 2021
Did you disable any other apps? I made the ADB commands and they worked. The projector actually works in 720p and via HDMI at 1080p, but the fluidity difference is still very large.
I don't think I did anything else. Did you set 1 background task via ADB? If not the projector is always resetting to default with every restart, I have pretty much just followed the setup they recommended on the Korean site. (LINK posted on the first page)

Sep 15, 2021
I don't think I did anything else. Did you set 1 background task via ADB? If not the projector is always resetting to default with every restart, I have pretty much just followed the setup they recommended on the Korean site. (LINK posted on the first page)
Yes I performed all the commands. And keeping only 1 process helped a lot. It starts and maintains these commands, wonderful! But in my case I still have the gagging with zoom enabled.

Astrohippie

Oct 4, 2021
Hi everybody! I recently purchased this projector and I'm very pleased, however, the image in the default position appears tilted, with the right side higher than the left. Does anybody know if this is normal? I am able to fix it by using the zoom settings, but I was wondering if the product I received would be considered faulty.

AiboG

Oct 5, 2021
Hi everybody! I recently purchased this projector and I'm very pleased, however, the image in the default position appears tilted, with the right side higher than the left. Does anybody know if this is normal? I am able to fix it by using the zoom settings, but I was wondering if the product I received would be considered faulty.
If you have the projector in a corner and not in front of the screen/wall is normal.

I recently purchase this projector too and it came with Android 9, for these version which is the latest firmware update?

mjahrenel

Sep 2, 2018
For those who have old international units of T2 Max Android 6 with no issues on 21052018, have you tried installing the newest one (21070615)?

Or 21070615 is only for those who has flip issues on 21052018? I'm curious on the changes on the newest one. Since we cant upgrade to Android 9 due to hardware changes

Sep 15, 2021
For those who have old international units of T2 Max Android 6 with no issues on 21052018, have you tried installing the newest one (21070615)?

Or 21070615 is only for those who has flip issues on 21052018? I'm curious on the changes on the newest one. Since we cant upgrade to Android 9 due to hardware changes
I updated to this latest version from May. I had the inversion problem.
As I have saved version 21052018 on my PC I ended up going back to it. I did the ADB commands again and to my surprise the gagging decreased a lot with the zoom activated using HDMI!!!
For some reason when updating and going back to the previous version the commands had a much better result! I'm thinking about overlocking it now to see if I have even better results…

One difference I noticed is that when using the Keystone correction the screen background is in blue color instead of black (I'll try to attach images for better understanding).

corass

Oct 20, 2008
Does anyone knows how to force not to press two times power button to power off projector (specially when HDMI is first on boot and CEC enabled)?

zimah02

Oct 10, 2021
Hi everyone,

I accidentally installed a firmware which my device already has a Global version. Now the problem is my screen becomes upside down and flip. I have tried the Flip setting but does not respond at all. Everything else is fine. I even tried to factory reset but it doesn't reset the display.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is about T2 Max, made by Wanbo.

There are at least 2 versions of T2 Max:
    #1. Android 6.0
    #2. Android 9.0

THE FIRMWARE OF THESE 2 MODELS ARE INCOMPATIBLE

This thread is about #1. If you have #2, please go here.

img_20211125_154000l-jpg.5472305

photo via https://xdaforums.com/t/wanbo-t2-max-android-6-0.4191663/page-34#post-86029935

Also...
    This thread is not about the T2 Free. (check the bottom of your unit)
    This thread is not about the T2R Max.
    Hi,

I bought the T2 Max international version (with Android 9) a week ago, so I've had time to test it a bit now.

I was able to make different tests on many things to optimize the thing as much as possible and I arrived at a perfect result now and which satisfies me completely, I said to myself that it would be perhaps useful that I make my return here.

First, for the conditions of use, I use the T2 Max with a Fire Stick 4K Max. Forget the integrated android, it can help but it is not good. I bought 33 euros on Amazon the Fire Stick 4K Max, for the price it is well worth it and it gives a boost to T2.

I also use Plex to stream content from my NAS/PC to the T2 Max, in local networks (also tested in Wifi, no problem).

Now you have all the information about how I use the T2 MAX.

But even so there were stutters in 1080p, small but very present during panorama or traveling, while I was in HDMI. I use the trapezoidal correction but I think that 80% of the people will also use it just to make a good rectangular frame. I didn't see any change in the stutters with or without on my version of the T2 Max, it was identical anyway.

After a few tests I noticed that the stutters were greatly reduced if I switched the fire stick to 1080p 50 Hz resolution instead of 1080p 60 hz. I came to two conclusions:

- Forcing 50 Hz and therefore 50 FPS helped to relieve the T2 Max, Fewer frames to calculate per second more power available? maybe.
    - Or the T2 Max has a framepacing problem in 60 Hz. After all, movies, series, animation are all either in 24 HZ, 25 Hz or 30 Hz.

I have largely favored this second answer.

Now the things I have done to correct this little stuttering problem:

- Go to the Developer mode on the android of the T2 Max and force the 2D GPU rendering. With my android 9 version, I had to install the "Developer settings" program, easily available on the play store.

- In the Fire Stick 4K Max, in the "Display and Sound" settings, there are two important options. The first one is to leave the resolution on Auto, it will take care of it very well by itself and it is necessary for the next step.

- The second important option is just below: "Match original framerate". On an application that supports it, it allows a 24 FPS movie to pass the T2 Max in 24 hz and thus to have a perfect frametime. Fortunately T2 Max handles the frequency change very well too. Turn it ON !

- Now on Plex, you have the option "Refresh Rate Switch" in Video Settings, which allows you to send the signal to the firestick to change the frequency, which itself will send the signal to T2 Max. Activate it !

After doing this, now when I start any movie, serie, anime on PLEX, no matter what frequency it is, whether it's 24 Hz, 25 HZ, 50 Hz or 60 Hz, the firestick will adapt and change the signal to match.

Result: An ultra fluid image and frametime, a perfect match. No stuttering even minimal, nothing! It's perfect.
    With or without Zoom, with or without trapezoidale correction.

And I've tested every possible situation given my library, believe me. Movies in 4K, in 1080p, in 480p, in PAL, in NTSC, anime, series. And I have seen absolutely no problems.

Having spent time configuring it, I thought I'd share my feedback. I don't regret my purchase, this projector is incredible once it's mastered.
    For less than 150 euros (T2 Max + fire Stick) I have an ultra fluid projector, which reads everything, which does everything, with a good image and without slowing down.

Sorry for the large amount of text, I hope it helps some people here. :)
    Good news everyone!
    Zoom setting can be disabled with the Chinese firmware NewLauncer home UI. Our long awaited zero frame drop on YouTube vanced 1080p 60fps video is doable. Below the steps to disable the zoom in international firmware:

1. Download the attached NewLauncher app extracted from the Chinese firmware.
    2. Install it.
    3. Press your remote Home button after installed and select the NewLauncher.
    4. Go to Setting.
    5. Select Projection.
    6. Use your remote select the Zoom setting switch and disable it.
    7. System will ask you to reboot.
    8. Reboot and ENJOY!!

I think this would be the ultimate solution for our T2 Max with both zoom off and with Google services all available. Thanks all for all the effort and information try and error. 🙂👍
    How to Uninstall Carrier/OEM Bloatware Without Root Access (xda-developers.com)

I use this method to remove some built-in apps using this app, no root needed (you'll need this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttxapps.wifiadb, https://apkpure.com/wifi-adb-debug-over-air/com.ttxapps.wifiadb)

Edit: This is the launcher I use

TVLauncher - Apps on Google Play

Edit 2: You need this to enable Wifi adb

WiFi ADB for Android - APK Download (apkpure.com)

Edit 3: Just remove all toptech and zseasn and com.aispeech.tvui and com.toptech.mitv.wfd stuffs for me

Shortcut Creator - Apps on Google Play

Edit 4: With above you can move zoom and flip settings to main launcher

Edit 5: Maybe I deleted too many apps? Google Play when I search it keeps crashing, probably should keep some toptech files

Edit 6: this is the file manager I use

FX File Explorer: the file manager with privacy - Apps on Google Play
    Guys,

I just created a video showing how you can update this projector with the just-released international/global firmware.

This firmware is very stable and it comes with Google Play store too!

You may view it at

Enjoy!

Daniel Lau