Wanbo T2 Max (Android 6.0)

Search This thread

Leozis360

Aug 22, 2021
Good afternoon, what is the correct way to clean the projector?

Mine has a black dot in the projected image and I think it's something internal that is dirty in the lamp.

Is it possible to open it and clean it?

Reactions: Neto_aoseudispor

hellodan15

Oct 25, 2021
Anyone else having issue with Chromecast and Audio? I've tried two ChromeCasts and they both play video with no issue on the Wanbo T2 but then the audio just refuses to play. And this only occurs on Netflix, Disney+ or Prime. Youtube audio works without a hitch.

I've tried changing the HDMI settings in the projector, and also turned off surround audio to stereo in the chromecast but it made no difference :(

gordnnnn

Dec 23, 2014

Mine has a black dot in the projected image and I think it's something internal that is dirty in the lamp.

This should not happend cause is an closed machine....

The wanbo should be completly sealed. So i guess the dirt is on the lens only. Maybe on the back site of it.
Mine Fan is making ugly noises, so i also want to Open it for Clean Up, but i can't find a teardown Video for it. In my opinion, the plastic skin are two pieces. It have to be a simple click mechanisum. Anybody out there who opened it?

Reactions: Neto_aoseudispor

nohaoo

Dec 28, 2020

Anyone else having issue with Chromecast and Audio? I've tried two ChromeCasts and they both play video with no issue on the Wanbo T2 but then the audio just refuses to play. And this only occurs on Netflix, Disney+ or Prime. Youtube audio works without a hitch.

I've tried changing the HDMI settings in the projector, and also turned off surround audio to stereo in the chromecast but it made no difference :(
Maybe it is related to the 5.1 channel option. You need to change it to just stereo.

gordnnnn

Dec 23, 2014
Yeah, thanks a lot. I will give it a try soon... Actually the wanbo gets a little hit from me by every start. Then everything is allright 🤣🤣🤣
Reply myself...for all users which Fan is making bad noises. I solved the Problem with a Vacuum cleaner. You've to cover the Back site holes and Clean the Front and do the Same step otherwise.
Now my wanbo sounds Like it's first day.
For me still the best bedroom projector you can buy for this less money!!!

esu1982

Nov 4, 2021
i tried to update the firmware from chinese to global. but now my projector is stuck on the screen were it says android.
edit:fixed it

Last edited:

Memolarusso

Sep 15, 2020
Hello, I think there was an error while trying to update the T2 Max. The screen was streaky. How can I do a clean install?
IMG_20211108_232330.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211108_232339.jpg
    IMG_20211108_232339.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27

Memolarusso

Sep 15, 2020
I contacted the company via e-mail and they sent me a firmware and the installation was successful. If you want, you can try to install this software. But on the page I will give you, you have to save the target as.

Recovery Firmware
So, i decided to Download and Install the Recovery Software.
And i have to say.....YES !!! they made this tiny little projector to a little powerhorse 😅
I Set it again to 1 Background processes in Developer Options and it is very smooth by 1080p/60hz, also with 4 Point Keystone on.
View attachment 5328333
I am so Happy about my little wanbo🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

They add the function to Turn Zoom settings on/off in normal global Version.
Also the Standard trapezoid function is now aviable.

And yes, it's Firmware 21052018

Please can you upload Recovery Firmware. I can not download, this link. this link expired.

gordnnnn

Dec 23, 2014
For better understanding...you got the recovery file from wanbo, try to update and now your projector didn't turn on?

Is it completly death? Otherwise i think i got my last firmware on a usb stick. I can upload it If you need it...

Memolarusso

Sep 15, 2020
For better understanding...you got the recovery file from wanbo, try to update and now your projector didn't turn on?

Is it completly death? Otherwise i think i got my last firmware on a usb stick. I can upload it If you need it...
IMG_20211108_232330.jpg
This is what happens when the projection is turned on. When I hold down the power button, the red light flashes, but it does not open because I do not have the right files.I emailed Wanbo. He send it at me, but it did not reach me. Gmail texted me about trying to get it.
Screenshot_2021-11-11-07-48-39-149_com.google.android.gm.jpg
This is how it looks. Can you upload that latest firmware? Is it the recovery firmware?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is about T2 Max, made by Wanbo.

There are at least 2 versions of T2 Max:
    #1. Android 6.0
    #2. Android 9.0

THE FIRMWARE OF THESE 2 MODELS ARE INCOMPATIBLE

This thread is about #1. If you have #2, please go here.

img_20211125_154000l-jpg.5472305

photo via https://xdaforums.com/t/wanbo-t2-max-android-6-0.4191663/page-34#post-86029935

Also...
    This thread is not about the T2 Free. (check the bottom of your unit)
    This thread is not about the T2R Max.
    Hi,

I bought the T2 Max international version (with Android 9) a week ago, so I've had time to test it a bit now.

I was able to make different tests on many things to optimize the thing as much as possible and I arrived at a perfect result now and which satisfies me completely, I said to myself that it would be perhaps useful that I make my return here.

First, for the conditions of use, I use the T2 Max with a Fire Stick 4K Max. Forget the integrated android, it can help but it is not good. I bought 33 euros on Amazon the Fire Stick 4K Max, for the price it is well worth it and it gives a boost to T2.

I also use Plex to stream content from my NAS/PC to the T2 Max, in local networks (also tested in Wifi, no problem).

Now you have all the information about how I use the T2 MAX.

But even so there were stutters in 1080p, small but very present during panorama or traveling, while I was in HDMI. I use the trapezoidal correction but I think that 80% of the people will also use it just to make a good rectangular frame. I didn't see any change in the stutters with or without on my version of the T2 Max, it was identical anyway.

After a few tests I noticed that the stutters were greatly reduced if I switched the fire stick to 1080p 50 Hz resolution instead of 1080p 60 hz. I came to two conclusions:

- Forcing 50 Hz and therefore 50 FPS helped to relieve the T2 Max, Fewer frames to calculate per second more power available? maybe.
    - Or the T2 Max has a framepacing problem in 60 Hz. After all, movies, series, animation are all either in 24 HZ, 25 Hz or 30 Hz.

I have largely favored this second answer.

Now the things I have done to correct this little stuttering problem:

- Go to the Developer mode on the android of the T2 Max and force the 2D GPU rendering. With my android 9 version, I had to install the "Developer settings" program, easily available on the play store.

- In the Fire Stick 4K Max, in the "Display and Sound" settings, there are two important options. The first one is to leave the resolution on Auto, it will take care of it very well by itself and it is necessary for the next step.

- The second important option is just below: "Match original framerate". On an application that supports it, it allows a 24 FPS movie to pass the T2 Max in 24 hz and thus to have a perfect frametime. Fortunately T2 Max handles the frequency change very well too. Turn it ON !

- Now on Plex, you have the option "Refresh Rate Switch" in Video Settings, which allows you to send the signal to the firestick to change the frequency, which itself will send the signal to T2 Max. Activate it !

After doing this, now when I start any movie, serie, anime on PLEX, no matter what frequency it is, whether it's 24 Hz, 25 HZ, 50 Hz or 60 Hz, the firestick will adapt and change the signal to match.

Result: An ultra fluid image and frametime, a perfect match. No stuttering even minimal, nothing! It's perfect.
    With or without Zoom, with or without trapezoidale correction.

And I've tested every possible situation given my library, believe me. Movies in 4K, in 1080p, in 480p, in PAL, in NTSC, anime, series. And I have seen absolutely no problems.

Having spent time configuring it, I thought I'd share my feedback. I don't regret my purchase, this projector is incredible once it's mastered.
    For less than 150 euros (T2 Max + fire Stick) I have an ultra fluid projector, which reads everything, which does everything, with a good image and without slowing down.

Sorry for the large amount of text, I hope it helps some people here. :)
    Good news everyone!
    Zoom setting can be disabled with the Chinese firmware NewLauncer home UI. Our long awaited zero frame drop on YouTube vanced 1080p 60fps video is doable. Below the steps to disable the zoom in international firmware:

1. Download the attached NewLauncher app extracted from the Chinese firmware.
    2. Install it.
    3. Press your remote Home button after installed and select the NewLauncher.
    4. Go to Setting.
    5. Select Projection.
    6. Use your remote select the Zoom setting switch and disable it.
    7. System will ask you to reboot.
    8. Reboot and ENJOY!!

I think this would be the ultimate solution for our T2 Max with both zoom off and with Google services all available. Thanks all for all the effort and information try and error. 🙂👍
    How to Uninstall Carrier/OEM Bloatware Without Root Access (xda-developers.com)

I use this method to remove some built-in apps using this app, no root needed (you'll need this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttxapps.wifiadb, https://apkpure.com/wifi-adb-debug-over-air/com.ttxapps.wifiadb)

Edit: This is the launcher I use

TVLauncher - Apps on Google Play

Edit 2: You need this to enable Wifi adb

WiFi ADB for Android - APK Download (apkpure.com)

Edit 3: Just remove all toptech and zseasn and com.aispeech.tvui and com.toptech.mitv.wfd stuffs for me

Shortcut Creator - Apps on Google Play

Edit 4: With above you can move zoom and flip settings to main launcher

Edit 5: Maybe I deleted too many apps? Google Play when I search it keeps crashing, probably should keep some toptech files

Edit 6: this is the file manager I use

FX File Explorer: the file manager with privacy - Apps on Google Play
    Guys,

I just created a video showing how you can update this projector with the just-released international/global firmware.

This firmware is very stable and it comes with Google Play store too!

You may view it at

Enjoy!

Daniel Lau