Wanbo T2 Max (Android 6.0)

Search This thread

amapem

Apr 15, 2008
On mine with Android 9 if I correct the trapeze then I have a black image with Disney+ app and it is Ok if I remove any correction.

aranny2001

Jan 10, 2011
Mine is Android 9 too with the crappy whale launcher, and not able to access the native android OS settings, even with "shortcut creator" app, it says the launcher is locked and prevent any creation of shortcuts. Appreciate if anyone have any idea how to access the native android OS settings.

The only way I managed to access the developer option is via an app called "developer settings" in play store.

Mine is able to playback youtube 1080p30 quite smoothly with zoom and trapezoid enabled, except when bluetooth is connected.

Btw, I also use avc instead of vp9 codec in youtube as I noticed avc enabled the HW accelerator and thus no dropped frames.
Currently I'm using USB to play the movie , I'm using Kodi player when default the player will utilities the Graphics hardware to enhanced the image but the image quality is very bad , the color is horrible and shuttering... only way is to unable it so it looks alot better and smoother, downside is the color of the movie is slightly darker.. wondering will that improve if projectile on anti light curtain ? if anyone had experience projectile on anti light curtain as T2 Max is only 150 ansi which could make the image even more darker if projectile on anti light curtain?

Titanium

Apr 18, 2005
Currently I'm using USB to play the movie , I'm using Kodi player when default the player will utilities the Graphics hardware to enhanced the image but the image quality is very bad , the color is horrible and shuttering... only way is to unable it so it looks alot better and smoother, downside is the color of the movie is slightly darker.. wondering will that improve if projectile on anti light curtain ? if anyone had experience projectile on anti light curtain as T2 Max is only 150 ansi which could make the image even more darker if projectile on anti light curtain?
Hmmm... Some websites mentioned it is 250 ansi lumens.

See this. * Not mine *

Reactions: aranny2001

dreidel_dvsg

Nov 23, 2021
I have the Wanbo T2 since few days. Everything is fine when playing something through HDMI or USB.
But I´m facing problems when trying to use any of the included apps on the default Android OS... all the apps close automatically 3 seconds or so later when I try to open them... pretty weird.
I know I could use an Amazon Fire Stick TV or something similar, but I´d like to use the included apps too.
Anyone facing this same problem?

adrienext

Aug 3, 2018
Hi,
I have the global version that comes with android 9.0.
I have a problem, I can change the settings of the screen but they never apply even after I restart it.

Edit : nevrermind it seems to apply only on videos and not in menue

But I wanted to know is there a way to make the screen less brighter ? Cause the britghness in pictures settings doesn't change the brightness that comes out of the projectcor

Attachments

• IMG_20211123_200257.jpg
    IMG_20211123_200257.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:

doray4k1

Nov 24, 2021
i'm considering to buy this projector, but after reading this forum,
i'm quite surprised with all kinds of issues posted here,
i never knew that there is two version of t2max incompatible with each other,

has anyone test gaming console (ps4/xbox) through the hdmi input? is there any latency/input lag noticed?

is the "keystone/zoom" issue affected the gaming console performance?

any opinion about which one is better, the android 6 version or the 9 version?

jpbansil

Jan 18, 2021
question, how do we know if the t2 max model is global or chinese firmware without opening the box? i'm buying from a local seller here and he does not know if it's global or chinese.

also, where to get the latest Global firmware? im unable to follow the thread anymore, im confused and may get the wrong firmware.

What should be the latest Global firmware?

thanks!

K3nnis

Nov 27, 2021
Hi all.

I’m about to buy the global version in Australia. Can I ask is there any lag or stuttering if I use via hdmi? Like using chrome cast or Amazon stick?
Thanks.

gordnnnn

Dec 23, 2014
Hi all.

I’m about to buy the global version in Australia. Can I ask is there any lag or stuttering if I use via hdmi? Like using chrome cast or Amazon stick?
Thanks.
If you didn't use Keystone corrections, then the wanbo is perfectly fluid. If you use/need the Keystone, than you have to use external Hardware and installing latest Firmware. Then there are still a few frame Drops, but in my opinion they are very very minor. Gaming and movies are still good to watch....only If you are a Hardcore User, you will Not be Happy with it.

K3nnis

Nov 27, 2021
Thanks. I won’t use keystone then. Would you know how many inch diagonal image I will get at 1.6m distance?

nanchon

Apr 23, 2013
Hi, I bought this projector and it came with Android 9.0 version. I asked the seller to provide the firmware and he sent it to me without problem.

6d991ad9-cf70-4307-9bf4-5f90e018ff7b.jpg
40546163-38f4-4936-b512-aeb0b0681212.jpg

I currently have that firmware, but the one you sent me I don't know if it is the same.

the firmware reference is: WB_FJ035FHD05_ZJ.T9255E.350R00_1G16G_IrWBFTEN_350_4O3W_WANBO_20211115152313_ 折射 _ 带 自动 梯形 _ 智 象 主页 _Eshare.rar

New UPDATE Link 24/01/22: I share the link: Actualización de Android 9.0 20211115152313

Sorry for my bad English.

Edit: The seller confirms that the firmware they have sent is the same as the one I have in the attached photos. therefore, I don't have to update anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: opaw23 and amapem

Titanium

Apr 18, 2005
I replaced my wanbo with the seller as i have intermittent issue with the wireless, it seems to me the WiFi & Bluetooth module was missing as it says "unable to obtain Mac address" but it work randomly.

Now a week plus with the 2nd set, i had the exact same problem again.

I wonder if anyone here face the same issue?
mac.png

Last edited:

Phalasolo

Nov 29, 2021
Hi guys,

My wanbo t2 max presented this image as someone put it on a previous page. I did the recovery firmware for the 21052018 and fixed up.

Now sometimes the fan starts to do a high noise like sizzle and a black circle begins to grow in the middle of the screen

Then the fans return to normal, stopping the noise and the circle starts to decreases until it disappears. Does anyone know what might be and how to solve it?

Thank you

EDIT: something like this: https://static-pepper.dealabs.com/comments/raw/03xvQ/34778772_1/re/1024x1024/qt/80/34778772_1.jpg

IMG_20211108_232330.jpg

Last edited:

ghostek

Aug 16, 2010
I received my projector today and have the same issue :/ Black circle on screen.

Hi guys,

My wanbo t2 max presented this image as someone put it on a previous page. I did the recovery firmware for the 21052018 and fixed up.

Now sometimes the fan starts to do a high noise like sizzle and a black circle begins to grow in the middle of the screen

Then the fans return to normal, stopping the noise and the circle starts to decreases until it disappears. Does anyone know what might be and how to solve it?

Thank you

EDIT: something like this: https://static-pepper.dealabs.com/comments/raw/03xvQ/34778772_1/re/1024x1024/qt/80/34778772_1.jpg

View attachment 5470687

Illynir

Dec 1, 2021
Hi,

I bought the T2 Max international version (with Android 9) a week ago, so I've had time to test it a bit now.

I was able to make different tests on many things to optimize the thing as much as possible and I arrived at a perfect result now and which satisfies me completely, I said to myself that it would be perhaps useful that I make my return here.

First, for the conditions of use, I use the T2 Max with a Fire Stick 4K Max. Forget the integrated android, it can help but it is not good. I bought 33 euros on Amazon the Fire Stick 4K Max, for the price it is well worth it and it gives a boost to T2.

I also use Plex to stream content from my NAS/PC to the T2 Max, in local networks (also tested in Wifi, no problem).

Now you have all the information about how I use the T2 MAX.

But even so there were stutters in 1080p, small but very present during panorama or traveling, while I was in HDMI. I use the trapezoidal correction but I think that 80% of the people will also use it just to make a good rectangular frame. I didn't see any change in the stutters with or without on my version of the T2 Max, it was identical anyway.

After a few tests I noticed that the stutters were greatly reduced if I switched the fire stick to 1080p 50 Hz resolution instead of 1080p 60 hz. I came to two conclusions:

- Forcing 50 Hz and therefore 50 FPS helped to relieve the T2 Max, Fewer frames to calculate per second more power available? maybe.
- Or the T2 Max has a framepacing problem in 60 Hz. After all, movies, series, animation are all either in 24 HZ, 25 Hz or 30 Hz.

I have largely favored this second answer.

Now the things I have done to correct this little stuttering problem:

- Go to the Developer mode on the android of the T2 Max and force the 2D GPU rendering. With my android 9 version, I had to install the "Developer settings" program, easily available on the play store.

- In the Fire Stick 4K Max, in the "Display and Sound" settings, there are two important options. The first one is to leave the resolution on Auto, it will take care of it very well by itself and it is necessary for the next step.

- The second important option is just below: "Match original framerate". On an application that supports it, it allows a 24 FPS movie to pass the T2 Max in 24 hz and thus to have a perfect frametime. Fortunately T2 Max handles the frequency change very well too. Turn it ON !

- Now on Plex, you have the option "Refresh Rate Switch" in Video Settings, which allows you to send the signal to the firestick to change the frequency, which itself will send the signal to T2 Max. Activate it !

After doing this, now when I start any movie, serie, anime on PLEX, no matter what frequency it is, whether it's 24 Hz, 25 HZ, 50 Hz or 60 Hz, the firestick will adapt and change the signal to match.

Result: An ultra fluid image and frametime, a perfect match. No stuttering even minimal, nothing! It's perfect.
With or without Zoom, with or without trapezoidale correction.

And I've tested every possible situation given my library, believe me. Movies in 4K, in 1080p, in 480p, in PAL, in NTSC, anime, series. And I have seen absolutely no problems.

Having spent time configuring it, I thought I'd share my feedback. I don't regret my purchase, this projector is incredible once it's mastered.
For less than 150 euros (T2 Max + fire Stick) I have an ultra fluid projector, which reads everything, which does everything, with a good image and without slowing down.

Sorry for the large amount of text, I hope it helps some people here. :)

K3nnis

Nov 27, 2021
Hi,

I bought the T2 Max international version (with Android 9) a week ago, so I've had time to test it a bit now.

I was able to make different tests on many things to optimize the thing as much as possible and I arrived at a perfect result now and which satisfies me completely, I said to myself that it would be perhaps useful that I make my return here.

First, for the conditions of use, I use the T2 Max with a Fire Stick 4K Max. Forget the integrated android, it can help but it is not good. I bought 33 euros on Amazon the Fire Stick 4K Max, for the price it is well worth it and it gives a boost to T2.

I also use Plex to stream content from my NAS/PC to the T2 Max, in local networks (also tested in Wifi, no problem).

But even so there were stutters in 1080p, small but very present during panorama or traveling, while I was in HDMI. I use the trapezoidal correction but I think that 80% of the people will also use it just to make a good rectangular frame. I didn't see any change in the stutters with or without on my version of the T2 Max, it was identical anyway.

After a few tests I noticed that the stutters were greatly reduced if I switched the fire stick to 1080p 50 Hz resolution instead of 1080p 60 hz. I came to two conclusions:

- Forcing 50 Hz and therefore 50 FPS helped to relieve the T2 Max, Fewer frames to calculate per second more power available? maybe.
- Or the T2 Max has a framepacing problem in 60 Hz. After all, movies, series, animation are all either in 24 HZ, 25 Hz or 30 Hz.

- Go to the Developer mode on the android of the T2 Max and force the 2D GPU rendering. With my android 9 version, I had to install the "Developer settings" program, easily available on the play store.

- In the Fire Stick 4K Max, in the "Display and Sound" settings, there are two important options. The first one is to leave the resolution on Auto, it will take care of it very well by itself and it is necessary for the next step.

- The second important option is just below: "Match original framerate". On an application that supports it, it allows a 24 FPS movie to pass the T2 Max in 24 hz and thus to have a perfect frametime. Fortunately T2 Max handles the frequency change very well too. Turn it ON !

- Now on Plex, you have the option "Refresh Rate Switch" in Video Settings, which allows you to send the signal to the firestick to change the frequency, which itself will send the signal to T2 Max. Activate it !

After doing this, now when I start any movie, serie, anime on PLEX, no matter what frequency it is, whether it's 24 Hz, 25 HZ, 50 Hz or 60 Hz, the firestick will adapt and change the signal to match.

Result: An ultra fluid image and frametime, a perfect match. No stuttering even minimal, nothing! It's perfect.

And I've tested every possible situation given my library, believe me. Movies in 4K, in 1080p, in 480p, in PAL, in NTSC, anime, series. And I have seen absolutely no problems.

Having spent time configuring it, I thought I'd share my feedback. I don't regret my purchase, this projector is incredible once it's mastered.
For less than 150 euros (T2 Max + fire Stick) I have an ultra fluid projector, which reads everything, which does everything, with a good image and without slowing down.

Thanks for the feedback. If I want the same experience as you, will chrome cast be as good?? Thanks.

Illynir

Dec 1, 2021
Thanks for the feedback. If I want the same experience as you, will chrome cast be as good?? Thanks.

Unfortunately, it seems to me that the ChromeCast does not have the option to match the frequency to the content. I looked a bit on internet and some posts from a year ago pointed out this lack. Maybe they've added it since then? Not having a Chromecast I can't check myself.

Luiz_Caco

Dec 1, 2021
Hi. I tried to install an upgrade to try to improve the fluidity of the image, but it gave an error and the screen goes white and turns off.

Can someone help me indicating some recovery file for my projector model, please?

IMG_20211125_154000l.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is about T2 Max, made by Wanbo.

There are at least 2 versions of T2 Max:
    #1. Android 6.0
    #2. Android 9.0

THE FIRMWARE OF THESE 2 MODELS ARE INCOMPATIBLE

This thread is about #1. If you have #2, please go here.

img_20211125_154000l-jpg.5472305

photo via https://xdaforums.com/t/wanbo-t2-max-android-6-0.4191663/page-34#post-86029935

Also...
    This thread is not about the T2 Free. (check the bottom of your unit)
    This thread is not about the T2R Max.
    Hi,

Good news everyone!
    Zoom setting can be disabled with the Chinese firmware NewLauncer home UI. Our long awaited zero frame drop on YouTube vanced 1080p 60fps video is doable. Below the steps to disable the zoom in international firmware:

1. Download the attached NewLauncher app extracted from the Chinese firmware.
    2. Install it.
    3. Press your remote Home button after installed and select the NewLauncher.
    4. Go to Setting.
    5. Select Projection.
    6. Use your remote select the Zoom setting switch and disable it.
    7. System will ask you to reboot.
    8. Reboot and ENJOY!!

I think this would be the ultimate solution for our T2 Max with both zoom off and with Google services all available. Thanks all for all the effort and information try and error. 🙂👍
    How to Uninstall Carrier/OEM Bloatware Without Root Access (xda-developers.com)

I use this method to remove some built-in apps using this app, no root needed (you'll need this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ttxapps.wifiadb, https://apkpure.com/wifi-adb-debug-over-air/com.ttxapps.wifiadb)

Edit: This is the launcher I use

TVLauncher - Apps on Google Play

Edit 2: You need this to enable Wifi adb

WiFi ADB for Android - APK Download (apkpure.com)

Edit 3: Just remove all toptech and zseasn and com.aispeech.tvui and com.toptech.mitv.wfd stuffs for me

Shortcut Creator - Apps on Google Play

Edit 4: With above you can move zoom and flip settings to main launcher

Edit 5: Maybe I deleted too many apps? Google Play when I search it keeps crashing, probably should keep some toptech files

Edit 6: this is the file manager I use

FX File Explorer: the file manager with privacy - Apps on Google Play
    Guys,

I just created a video showing how you can update this projector with the just-released international/global firmware.

This firmware is very stable and it comes with Google Play store too!

You may view it at

Enjoy!

Daniel Lau