Wandering How to unlock bootloader without losing datašŸ™ƒ

Search This thread
Hello, I am a Redmi Note 9 user,
And I want to the bootloader of my phone
My warranty is already expired, so it won't be voided,
I Have a Qualcomm processor on my phone, so any Mediatek methods will not work,
I already said that I have a laptop and I have introduced myself in this thread:
I recommend you to visit this thread first.

Is there any method I could unlock the bootloader and root my phone without losing any data?
And also don't tell me that I need to buy any paid programs, I don't want to pay to unlock my bootloader.
Is there any way to do it without erasing all data?

• Haha
Reactions: Manjotbenipal

uvzen

Feb 28, 2020
Huawei P8
Huawei P10
There is no way to unlock bootloader without wiping data.

I really am surprised sometimes that people prefer to write some new post that is the same as other posts 89653654645762 instead of using a search engine and finding a topic that interests you. You have written a post in the Redmi Note 9 Pro device section and it was hard for you to go to the guides section and look for answers to your questions?

Here are 2 topics that have answers to your questions:
First link
Second link

It took me a few seconds to find these two answers, it's not really hard, just people are lazy.

Reactions: Manjotbenipal

I really am surprised sometimes that people prefer to write some new post that is the same as other posts 89653654645762 instead of using a search engine and finding a topic that interests you. You have written a post in the Redmi Note 9 Pro device section and it was hard for you to go to the guides section and look for answers to your questions?

First link
Second link

It took me a few seconds to find these two answers, it's not really hard, just people are lazy.
But I want to ask: what exactly will it erase? Will it erase files? Will it erase apps? Will it erase settings?

HiQual

I don't have a need for backup other than built-in Google. There are other solutions, you should use Google search or Forum search for that.
Regarding SD card - if it is setup as removable storage then it should not be erased, but to be safe I always remove it b4 factory reset. If SD card is setup as phone storage, then it will be erased.

I don't have a need for backup other than built-in Google. There are other solutions, you should use Google search or Forum search for that.
Regarding SD card - if it is setup as removable storage then it should not be erased, but to be safe I always remove it b4 factory reset. If SD card is setup as phone storage, then it will be erased.
I don't know how my SD card is setup, check out this screenshot and tell me:
IMG_20220813_133425.jpg

Hello, guys, this is an update, I removed the SD card from my phone and now I'm using Xiaomi cloud backup tool. What will it backup?
I want to backup Apps, The entire filesystem, app data, settings, and everything.
Will it backup all of that?
Edit: It finished backing up and it's the total size of 3.9 GB but I have 74.43 GB of space occupied by the filesystem, what did it actually back up?
I know that google play store can back up you installed apps, but not the data! Please tell me what did it back up.

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Hello, guys, this is an update, I removed the SD card from my phone and now I'm using Xiaomi cloud backup tool. What will it backup?
I want to backup Apps, The entire filesystem, app data, settings, and everything.
Will it backup all of that?
Edit: It finished backing up and it's the total size of 3.9 GB but I have 74.43 GB of space occupied by the filesystem, what did it actually back up?
I know that google play store can back up you installed apps, but not the data! Please tell me what did it back up.
You can do that if device is rooted only.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I am a Redmi Note 9 user,
    And I want to the bootloader of my phone
    My warranty is already expired, so it won't be voided,
    I Have a Qualcomm processor on my phone, so any Mediatek methods will not work,
    I already said that I have a laptop and I have introduced myself in this thread:
    I recommend you to visit this thread first.

Is there any method I could unlock the bootloader and root my phone without losing any data?
    And also don't tell me that I need to buy any paid programs, I don't want to pay to unlock my bootloader.
    Is there any way to do it without erasing all data?

First link
    Second link

You can't. Just it.