Question Want to downgrade MIUI v13.0.2.0 global to v.12.5.4.0

Search This thread

LukZmit

Jul 5, 2022
OK, so I've done the process of installing ADB and fastboot drivers. Also my Redmi Note 10 5g is unlocked and is in fastboot mode. I'm trying to flash my phone to this older rom and I also checked that anti roll back restrictions didn't apply to this one. The reason I wanted to downgrade was because I regret updating to miui 13. The game i used to play doesn't work in this one and also charging the phone is slower. So I'm trying to flash it with Mi flash and I'm stuck in Bootloop (after every boot it goes back to fastboot). I can always at any chance reinstall the miui 13 and get out of this bootloop, but guys, did I do all of this just to fail? I don't think so and with that I need your help. :cry:

I'm optimistic that there is some kind of issue I over looked and it can be done.

and no I didn't download recovery rom and downloaded this
1657169300088.png

LukZmit

Jul 5, 2022
I forgot to mention, everytime I flash it says it's successful. also I wanted to add that, after every flash, it reboots like 4 times and goes back to fastboot loop.
1657174462654.png

Last edited:

LukZmit

Jul 5, 2022
Mediatek behave differently when downgrading if I recall.

Since you've already unlocked and possessing a global unit, try to flash another global region such this https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/camellian/stable/V13.0.2.0.SKSIDXM/

See if other region might come with some improvements.
Ok, so here is an update.

It's still stuck on fastboot mode but the look is changed. It's just orange text that says FASTBOOT no more bunny. I did go in to recovery and wiped data and tried to reboot to OS, but it's still on bootloop. Also I forgot to mention some times low battery icon shows up (I'll try fastboot boot boot.img when I'll have the chance).

I'm thinking this is a different problem, maybe the device just can't boot OS for some reason idk.

I'll wait for your response, if nothing can be done I'll install the original MIUI 13 global (I have a sneaking suspension that I wouldn't be able to do that).

Ok, so here is an update.

It's still stuck on fastboot mode but the look is changed. It's just orange text that says FASTBOOT no more bunny. I did go in to recovery and wiped data and tried to reboot to OS, but it's still on bootloop. Also I forgot to mention some times low battery icon shows up (I'll try fastboot boot boot.img when I'll have the chance).

I'm thinking this is a different problem, maybe the device just can't boot OS for some reason idk.

I'll wait for your response, if nothing can be done I'll install the original MIUI 13 global (I have a sneaking suspension that I wouldn't be able to do that).
miui 12 fastboot logo is different from miui 13, no problem.
Have you changed version, EEA to Global.
Flash the original rom.

LukZmit

Jul 5, 2022
miui 12 fastboot logo is different from miui 13, no problem.
Have you changed version, EEA to Global.
Flash the original rom.
It seems that that I changed it to Indonesian ROM as x3r0.13urn suggested. But I haven't yet tried to go back to original, because the PC I use is occupied. When I will have the chance I'll do that.

Still stuck on fastboot mode though...

LukZmit

Jul 5, 2022
This is so stupid. I just went back to the original ROM and it works fine, there must be some kind of setting that doesn't allow to go the other ROMs and it's pissing me off. Is it maybe that this phone has a 5G it needs to be updated as much as possible or something.

Ok should I try TWRP? Will it work or am I just wasting time here

And I'm a noob in this, I just recently learned how to do all this, so
What is gsi rom and where can I get a compatible version for this.

LukZmit

Jul 5, 2022
If anyone owns this phone and successfuly downgraded, please tell me how. I don't know why but on Redmi Note 10 and Redmi Note 10 pro people downgraded to Miui 12.5 and I've seen YT videos about it.

So if anyone has Redmi Note 10 5G please tell me how you did it.

If anyone owns this phone and successfuly downgraded, please tell me how. I don't know why but on Redmi Note 10 and Redmi Note 10 pro people downgraded to Miui 12.5 and I've seen YT videos about it.

So if anyone has Redmi Note 10 5G please tell me how you did it.
can you post the logs of Miflash(12.5 and 13)?
Use the latest version of Mi Flash.https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/flash-tool-guide-use-xiaomi-flash-tool.4262425/
Select Mediatek chip
fg.png

gh.png

Last edited:
it is possible to use this method with Miflash
Maybe try with this program https://xiaomitools.com/sp-flash-tool-en/
Step 1: To get started, download SP flash tool compressed file (Smart Phone Flash Tool) and extract it on your computer.

Step 2: Next, download stock ROM firmware file of your Android device and extract it to a folder on your computer. You will find the Android scatter file after extracting.

Step 3: Now switch off your Android smartphone or tablet and remove the battery from the device (if it is removable).

Power Off Android Device

Step 4: Next, go to the extracted folder in Step 1 and click “Flash_tool.exe” to launch SP flash tool.

Launch SP Flash Tool

Step 5: Now in the SP Flash tool window, click on “Download” tab.

Download Tab SP Flash Tool

Step 6: Next, in the download tab click on “scatter-loading” button.

Scatter Loading SP Flash Tool

Step 7: Now click on “Open Scatter File” and choose the scatter file from Step 2.

Choose Scatter File SP Flash Tool

Step 8: Next, click on the “Download” button to launch the firmware flashing process.

Download Button SP Flash Tool

Step 9: Now connect your Android device to the computer using the original USB data cable while pressing Volume up or Volume down button.

Step 10: The firmware flashing process will start immediately, and it will take a minute or two to get completed. Once the flashing process is finished, you will see the “Download OK” green ring in Smart Phone Flash Tool.

Download Ok SP Flash Tool

Step 11: Now close the SP Flash tool Window and unplug your Android smartphone or tablet from the computer.

LukZmit

Jul 5, 2022
Step 1: To get started, download SP flash tool compressed file (Smart Phone Flash Tool) and extract it on your computer.

Step 2: Next, download stock ROM firmware file of your Android device and extract it to a folder on your computer. You will find the Android scatter file after extracting.

Step 3: Now switch off your Android smartphone or tablet and remove the battery from the device (if it is removable).

Power Off Android Device

Step 4: Next, go to the extracted folder in Step 1 and click “Flash_tool.exe” to launch SP flash tool.

Launch SP Flash Tool

Step 7: Now click on “Open Scatter File” and choose the scatter file from Step 2.

Step 8: Next, click on the “Download” button to launch the firmware flashing process.

Step 9: Now connect your Android device to the computer using the original USB data cable while pressing Volume up or Volume down button.

Step 10: The firmware flashing process will start immediately, and it will take a minute or two to get completed. Once the flashing process is finished, you will see the “Download OK” green ring in Smart Phone Flash Tool.

Step 11: Now close the SP Flash tool Window and unplug your Android smartphone or tablet from the computer.
Ok I'll try this and see how will it go.

LukZmit

Jul 5, 2022

Power Off Android Device

Launch SP Flash Tool

Is this the scatter file or is it in images
1657374925338.png

Or
1657374953356.png