Want to get into Android 12 ROMs with my 3a, which is best for me?

Search This thread

JayAbbhi

Jul 18, 2018
Nextbit Robin
Honor 8
I love/hate Android 12, since there's a lot of small things that it introduced but a lot of things it took away that make no sense.

Since OEM support is no longer there for software version updates, I was wondering if any of the following ROMs for this device had these features:

The ROMs I'm looking into:
- LineageOS
- AICP
- DirtyUnicorns
- dotOS
- AOSiP OS

The features I want, in order of priority:
- Good battery life (Don't want it to downgrade from Stock OS, bonus points for some smart charging/battery health features)
- Decent performance (I don't want to lose performance in comparison to the Stock OS. I don't game however)
- (REALLY WANT) Being able to see more of notifications when I rotate my phone to landscape (something that was in Android 11 but Google took away in 12.)
- GCam access (I have no clue what version is compatible for this device, recommendations would be appreciated)
- Magisk Compatible
- Squeeze functionality (I just find it fun, if it's there might as well use it lol)

I'm sure most ROMs have these things, but that notification panel is my main sticking point.

It's been almost 3 years since I've done anything with ROMs, so any advice regarding the process or anything I should look out for when ROM'ing the 3a would be appreciated.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Scoped storage is fully active on 12. Do you really wanted it sucking up cpu cycles?
I go with either 9 or 10. Security is not an issue with 9 or higher... unless you do something stupid.
Rule 1 - if an OS is fast, stable and fulfilling its mission let it be!

Reactions: mmead1143

JayAbbhi

Jul 18, 2018
Nextbit Robin
Honor 8
Scoped storage is fully active on 12. Do you really wanted it sucking up cpu cycles?
I go with either 9 or 10. Security is not an issue with 9 or higher... unless you do something stupid.
I honestly have no issues with performance on 12 on my stock 3a atm, I just don't want worse. I'm always the type to prefer the latest OS over performance, just to experience what google is cooking.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I honestly have no issues with performance on 12 on my stock 3a atm, I just don't want worse. I'm always the type to prefer the latest OS over performance, just to experience what google is cooking.
I don't see the point other than to explore. Invariably it will lead to issues that need to be resolved. I want a stable platform that's predictable with the bugs worked out.
Makes spotting anomalies much easier... and that's important.
12 has had a lot of issues across the board. Haven't been pleased with Google Android since 9. There liberal ways undermine their products because all they know is change and are completely market driven.

JayAbbhi

Jul 18, 2018
Nextbit Robin
Honor 8
I don't see the point other than to explore. Invariably it will lead to issues that need to be resolved. I want a stable platform that's predictable with the bugs worked out.
12 has had a lot of issues across the board. Haven't been pleased with Google Android since 9. There liberal ways undermine their products because all they know is change and are completely market driven.
This is facts. I was hoping at this point there'd be some ROMs that would've solved some of these issues and/or gotten rid of some of the unnecessary aesthetic stuff 12 introduced.

Reactions: blackhawk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is facts. I was hoping at this point there'd be some ROMs that would've solved some of these issues and/or gotten rid of some of the unnecessary aesthetic stuff 12 introduced.