Want to make your Pocket PC Today screen look exactly like iPhone? READ THIS!

Search This thread

Menneisyys

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2005
www.winmobiletech.com
Guys and gals, I see this is by far the most frequently read thread. This is why I ask you here to click http://www.petitiononline.com/xdadevs/petition.html and sign the petition.

Here follows the original article:

XDA-Developers (the most active Pocket PC Phone Edition forum) forum member hanmin has just made available a way to skin your Pocket PC to, Today screen-wise, look exactly like an Apple iPhone.

You may also want to read the subsequent posts in the thread (starting with the 8th page; I especially recommend this).

Note that you MUST have a forum account in there to be able to access the attached files! Registering is very easy - just click this link and create a forum account.

Go get it as soon as possible (before Apple chimes in) :)

Admin Edit: screenshot removed

Last edited:

1oddmanout

wonderful-but just how does one install and activate these files? :confused: i've downloaded them, extracted them but haven't a clue how to continue and make them work on my PPC6700.
Way cool idea, though!:cool:

DucSloerie

Dec 8, 2006
iPhone Ringtone MP3

And here is the MP3 Ringtone for the iPhone :)

Attachments

• iPhone2.mp3.zip
    44.9 KB · Views: 9,977

lucianb@protvbv.ro

Jan 12, 2007
lucibuz

I can't download the iPhone zip file....any help???

XDA-Developers (the most active Pocket PC Phone Edition forum) forum member hanmin has just made available a way to skin your Pocket PC to, Today screen-wise, look exactly like an Apple iPhone.

You may also want to read the subsequent posts in the thread (starting with the 8th page; I especially recommend this).

Note that you MUST have a forum account in there to be able to access the attached files! Registering is very easy - just click this link and create a forum account.

Go get it as soon as possible (before Apple chimes in) :)

Admin edit: screenshot removed

Last edited by a moderator:

cpegado

Jan 13, 2007
iPhone skins

This is probably a very dumb question, but how do you install claunch skins after you unzip them? After unzipping iPhone for example, there are 12 bitmap icons; iPhoneAlarm has a folder with some more bitmap icons, and a .skn file?! How does one proceed from there? I tried to drag these files to my pocketpc (under ActiveSync) but that did not worK?!

Also in a similar context, can I install theme files (.tsk) in the MY DOCUMENTS folder in the SD card? and not in RAM? I just did this, but when I look at my x50v under Settings>Today I only see what came with the axim (Dell Default, Guava Bubbles and Windows Default)! I cannot see my other .tsk files that are in My Documents BUT in the SD card! Did I do something wrong? Isn't it better to have the .tsk files not in RAM to save space? and is there anything that would automatically rotate through the .tsk files, like a screensaver?

Thanks for any advice/suggestions,

CP

philgilder

Jan 12, 2007
phoneAlarm

got this very nice skin, love it.

but, how do you hide the taskbar/system tray type thing?

and also, i have phonealarm with the skin installed, but the carbon fibre thing doesnt work. any ideas?

dukeV

Feb 15, 2006
got this very nice skin, love it.

but, how do you hide the taskbar/system tray type thing?

and also, i have phonealarm with the skin installed, but the carbon fibre thing doesnt work. any ideas?

Delete (I think this is right) the init.ink from StartUp in the Windows folder.

I also have the problem with the PhoneAlarm background.

rlith

Dec 1, 2006
My current iphone skin, only about 50% done (XV6700) Using Wisbar Advance and Desktop

Software Attached
SMS Screen:
Picture Dialer from Treo attached to Palm Threaded SMS
MAPS:
Microsoft Streets Pocket Edition
Weather:
SBSH Pocket Weather, taking up whole screen with Time fade at the top

Stocks: Opera opening to NASDAQ

Camera:
Built in camera software

Calc:
Skinned black stock calc

iPod: pPod

I'm going to redo and upload the Calendar and Clock icons so they can be used for %Date% and clock face within the clock icon, and that leads to a plain screen with just the clock bar... As I get to see more of the iphone gui, I can make changes as needed

Main Screen
Admin edit: screenshot removed.

SMS Screen

newbie2

Mar 19, 2006
Ohio Valley
iPhone without the Phone Alarm Plugin

I made my iPhone screen without the Phone Alarm plugin, since it looked to be a duplication of icons already on the screen.

However, I did change one thing -- instead of 32x32 icons, I resized them to 48x48 in order to take up more of the screen's real estate.

Then, to complete the skinning, I added Wisbar's Windows Vista Portable Edition Skin from the Lakeridge forums.

This is what I ended up with:

meschle

Feb 23, 2006
Coventry, England
I made my iPhone screen without the Phone Alarm plugin, since it looked to be a duplication of icons already on the screen.

However, I did change one thing -- instead of 32x32 icons, I resized them to 48x48 in order to take up more of the screen's real estate.

Then, to complete the skinning, I added Wisbar's Windows Vista Portable Edition Skin from the Lakeridge forums.

This is what I ended up with:

You got big thumbs? :rolleyes:

fadrianoc

Jan 13, 2007
admin edit: screenshot removed

Two questions:
1) i've installed cLaunch, icons and iphone.skn
All runs ok except iphone.skn that even if i select it through cLaunch it isn't shown in the background skin, why ?
I've to change the extension or what ?
2) the 4 icons on the bottom side are only pics without shortcuts to the programs, isn't it ? othrwise how to make them runnable ?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well actually they could... we have already been instructed to remove the files for theme (screenshots at this time are ok) and any *links* to the themes. Same thing that happened with Palm and their threaded messaging app and Tom Tom. we were instructed by them to remove and files from the ftp/and the board, as well as any links that will allow a direct download.

I think Apple needs to take a dose of it's OWN medicine myself. If you'll notice on the tech specs page for the iPhone on Apple's site http://www.apple.com/iphone/technology/specs.html , they're using a theme on the prototype that the theme's author uploaded to PocketPCThemes.com on February 15, 2006!!

http://www.pocketpcthemes.com/preview.asp?ID=56642 .

Better yet -- in order to actually SEE the date of the theme upload, just go to www.pocketpcthemes.com and do a search for "ClownFish". You'll actually get the see the date and time the theme was uploaded.

I think the author of the theme that Apple is using should be getting a royalty from Apple for using his/her theme on their advertising. Do you think the author IS getting a royalty?? Hmm . . . Nowhere on Apple's site do I see credit being given to the author of the theme. Is that not plageurism??

Add to that the fact that it's apparent to me that there are also some apps being used on that photo that I use already on my Wizard. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if my Wizard is Windows-based, then Apple either committed copywrite infringement by using "hacked" Windows-based apps for their OS X software and are representing as their own, or they are blatantly misrepresenting software on the iPhone from a Windows-based developer -- because that screenshot looks an awful lot like a couple of apps I use on my Wizard.

What's REALLY sad about this whole mess is that now the users on this very forum are reduced to begging for files via PM and email to other members because "freedom of expression" has now been challenged by Apple -- when EVERYTHING EXCEPT the icons are freely available on the Net. But, we can't post LINKS to those apps on these forums?? At least, that's MY understanding. Am I miss something here??

If this continues by Palm, Apple and/or other software developers out there, this forum will be effectively shut down -- no hacking, no tweaking -- NOTHING. . . no software support from anyone on here who gives a ratsa$$ about how our PPC's function. And, the way things are going, that's going to be pretty soon. :(