Want to make your Pocket PC Today screen look exactly like iPhone? READ THIS!

Search This thread

aleksander100

Apr 17, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
I know this is getting pretty tired now, but I thought I'd show a little Apple iPhone skin lovin' for Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket PC First Edition.

It is running on an hp iPAQ 4350 so, no, it is not a phone device, and the skin does not support screen rotation. However, the SMS button goes to MSN Messenger, the phone goes to Skype, maps goes to Windows Live Search and stocks goes to AvantGo. The rest are fairly obvious.

I am using WisBar Advance 1.x (the free one) and also cLaunch. I have taken a different approach with cLaunch in that the buttons you see are actually the background wallpaper. Instead, I have set all the icons as blank and mapped the activation areas over the corresponding icons on the wallpaper. This makes the icons much larger than cLaunch permits and is "truer" to the iPhone look.

I also created a matching Windows Media Player 9 skin.

display_1.jpg

display_2-1.jpg

hey cud send me the link of you wm player theme

akashastrega

Jun 16, 2006
FRESNO, CA
iWiz all over iPhone

Using a basic black background, cLauncher, and icons I whored from posted images and demonoid downloads...my foray into the iPhone...which to me is not worth the money, as my Wizard can be configured to do just about anything...I'm calling it my "iWiz", because iWiz all over Apple Inc and their stinginess over iPhone settings!!! And it didn't cost me $600 or so bucks!!

**For the record, I will not say where I got the icons, other than demonoid, and creative editing of images of the iPhone posted in various areas, so please don't ask for the icons...if I can find them, anyone can.

Attachments

• iWiz.jpg
    iWiz.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 309

opensky99

Jun 17, 2007
Link For Ipod Skin Download

Not sure if its needed but i found a download link on an italian site.. worked great..got both files.. and yes..in english....pm me if you need the link

opensky99

Jun 17, 2007
lets be clear about copywrite

Guys please refrain from posting material that Apple may view as copyrighted.

APPLE ONLY HOLDS PATENT ON THE TECHNOLOGY BEHIND FUNCTION OF
THE IPHONE SOFTWARE, IN OTHER WORDS.. DOING IT EXACTLY AS THEY DO IT,
THEY HOLD NO LEGAL ANTI-INFRINGMENT OVER SOMEONE PUTTING ICONS ON A
TODAY SCREEN AND MAKING THEM DO SOMETHING.... USE A LITTLE COMMON SENSE HERE... IF THAT WERE THE CASE.. NO ONE COULD DO ANYTHING TO ANY
TODAY SCREEN OR ICON... ALSO..U.S. COPYWRITE AND PATENT LAWS ALLOW
SAFE HARBOR... WHICH MEANS THAT IF YOU ARE DEVELOPING FOR YOUR OWN
USE ITS PERFECTLY LEGAL AS LONG AS YOU CHANGE THE ITEM,SUBJECT OR FUNCTION MORE THAN 10 % FROM THE ORIGINAL. THATS THE LAW. SO SINCE
NONE OF YOUR SCREENS EVEN CONTAIN ANYWHERE NEAR THE SAME IDENTICAL ICON CONFIG AS AN IPHONE ... YOUR NO WHERE NEAR VIOLATING U.S. LAW. YOU WOULD HAVE HAVE 9 OUT OF 10 IDENTICAL ICONS AS IPONE TO EVEN COME CLOSE..... AND FINALLY... YOUR PPC DOING SOMETHING SIMILAR ISNT A CHALLENGE TO APPLE AS YOU ALREADY OWN THE PPC...AND ARE JUST MODIFYING ITS EXISTING FUNCTION.... YOU WOULD BE A CHALLENGE IF YOU TOOK AND IPHONE AND OPENED A BUSINEESS CHANGING THEM UP.... WHAT WE ARE DOING HERE IS PERFECTLY LEGAL... JUST DONT MENTION APPLES NAME AND YOU ARE FINE.... CALL IT SOMETHING ELSE...

akashastrega

Jun 16, 2006
FRESNO, CA
cLauncher allows you to choose what icon you want and associate it for the app you want. So simply put, find an icon you like and associate it with spb. I can set a clown face for an app if I so desire, as long as that clown face is within the icon parameters necessary...come to think of it, a clown face would be a good icon for pIE (which is a joke, yay Opera).

vouros

Nov 30, 2006
where is the skin for wiss bar?

:) Where is the skin please email me john331j@hotmail.com

and for the others

guys don’t worry about Microsoft and Apple when Steve and Bill were partners on the crime of baying from Zenith for peanuts and selling to IBM for million that was ok back then???? Tell them to shut the f UP

jbryce

Feb 5, 2007
How do you remove the scroll bar

Howdy all,

I have all the icons set up, wisbar and clauncher working smoothly.

What i would like to know is how do you get rid of the scrollbar on the right of the screen and the battery icon removed from the bottom of the screen?j

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
Justin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well actually they could... we have already been instructed to remove the files for theme (screenshots at this time are ok) and any *links* to the themes. Same thing that happened with Palm and their threaded messaging app and Tom Tom. we were instructed by them to remove and files from the ftp/and the board, as well as any links that will allow a direct download.

I think Apple needs to take a dose of it's OWN medicine myself. If you'll notice on the tech specs page for the iPhone on Apple's site http://www.apple.com/iphone/technology/specs.html , they're using a theme on the prototype that the theme's author uploaded to PocketPCThemes.com on February 15, 2006!!

http://www.pocketpcthemes.com/preview.asp?ID=56642 .

Better yet -- in order to actually SEE the date of the theme upload, just go to www.pocketpcthemes.com and do a search for "ClownFish". You'll actually get the see the date and time the theme was uploaded.

I think the author of the theme that Apple is using should be getting a royalty from Apple for using his/her theme on their advertising. Do you think the author IS getting a royalty?? Hmm . . . Nowhere on Apple's site do I see credit being given to the author of the theme. Is that not plageurism??

Add to that the fact that it's apparent to me that there are also some apps being used on that photo that I use already on my Wizard. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if my Wizard is Windows-based, then Apple either committed copywrite infringement by using "hacked" Windows-based apps for their OS X software and are representing as their own, or they are blatantly misrepresenting software on the iPhone from a Windows-based developer -- because that screenshot looks an awful lot like a couple of apps I use on my Wizard.

What's REALLY sad about this whole mess is that now the users on this very forum are reduced to begging for files via PM and email to other members because "freedom of expression" has now been challenged by Apple -- when EVERYTHING EXCEPT the icons are freely available on the Net. But, we can't post LINKS to those apps on these forums?? At least, that's MY understanding. Am I miss something here??

If this continues by Palm, Apple and/or other software developers out there, this forum will be effectively shut down -- no hacking, no tweaking -- NOTHING. . . no software support from anyone on here who gives a ratsa$$ about how our PPC's function. And, the way things are going, that's going to be pretty soon. :(