Warm battery while charging?

Search This thread

memnon79

Feb 17, 2013
LG V20
LG G Pad X 8.0
I have a V60 that just started to get warm while charging at night. It is not hot to touch but warmer than before. I have tried both LG PD charger and the LG Quick Charge 3 charger. Both will leave battery warm while charging.

Anyone else experience this?

memnon79

Feb 17, 2013
LG V20
LG G Pad X 8.0
So a little more digging and I am finding that it is my CPU (not battery) getting hot at above 50C. I also looked and saw CPU usage spiking. I have disabled fingerprint to unlock screen and not sure what is causing CPU usage while charging.

Any apps out there to show processes running? All I can see is that when I plug in my charger all apps become active and CPU usage climbs along with temperature.

Last edited:

memnon79

Feb 17, 2013
LG V20
LG G Pad X 8.0
An update with a workaround if you experience this and how to identify:

I have a workaround where I installed CCleaner and put most apps into hibernate mode. Now my temps stay below 30C when charging.

To see if CPU draw is the issue, turn on developer mode and look at inactive apps in the apps section. I noticed as soon as I plugged into a charger that all apps became active on the V60 with the heat issue. Other V60 without heat issues still kept many apps inactive. The A11 update for V60 is super buggy. Actual A11 is buggy for many phones (look up OnePlus 7/7T A11 issues for those with worse situation)