General [WARNING] Calling stops working outside of China for the Chinese version

Search This thread

birdie

Nov 25, 2012
At least three people on the 4pda forum have reported that the Chinese version of the phone restricts making and receiving calls outside of China after two weeks of use.

Source 1: "Your phone is best suited for a specific region. There are restrictions on the calling function in your region. Please contact your place of purchase to resolve the problem."
Source 2: "Today it's stopped receiving calls, and when I try to make a call it bails out. Had to reset to factory settings. Activated on Jan, 23rd."
Source 3.

This is quite scary and unexpected. Both people use ColorOS and have yet to install the global firmware.

I wouldn't recommend buying the Chinese version for using outside of China until this issue is sorted out.

The only solution so far has been to take/send the phone to an official Oppo/OnePlus service center to unlock it. This must be done only after the calling restriction becomes active (rebooting the phone ~11 times is enough).

OnePlus 11 versions/models:
  • PHB110: China (region lock)
  • CPH2447: India (region lock)
  • CPH2449_EEA: EU (lock free)
  • CPH2449_GLO: International (lock free)
  • CPH2451: North America (lock free)

Last edited:
Reactions: Prant and Baradim

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
@birdie

I've removed the links to 4pda from your above post!

4pda is not only another phone related website (and not at all affiliated with xda-developers) but also well known for the distribution of malware and warez. Links or references to 4pda are not accepted on XDA.
XDA Forum Rules (excerpt):
6. Do not post or request warez.

If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, then pay for it. We do not accept warez nor do we permit members to request, post, promote or describe ways in which warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained or used. This is a site of developers, i.e. the sort of people who create such software. When you cheat a software developer, you cheat us as a community.

(...)

11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
  • Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and to offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar / substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
  • Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software or commercial services, unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
  • Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
  • Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
  • Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if both of the following conditions are met:
    A) The site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership, who actively maintains an XDA-Developers support thread(s) / posts, related to the download.
    B) The site is a relatively small, personal website without commercial advertising / links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)
Please refrain from sharing of such links in future! Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

birdie

Nov 25, 2012
No idea why all the links have been removed from the message but whatever.

4pda distributes warez, correct, but all the links were for a valid topic which has nothing to do with that.

Never heard of them distributing malware though. Must be something to do with the war I guess.

4pda has a ton of talented developers and some ROMs are basically developed over there but looks like the rules here have changed.

My post had nothing to do with warez.

Can I post a link to Google com?

Over 15 thousand results for 4pda at xda-developers.

Last edited:

Baradim

Jul 22, 2018
Yep, its true.
You get message about region lock, then device working for some time with calls. Then calls become disabled.
I got this situation and now I`m waiting for some like Oxygen OS get released to move on it.

Reactions: birdie

birdie

Nov 25, 2012
Yep, its true.
You get message about region lock, then device working for some time with calls. Then calls become disabled.
I got this situation and now I`m waiting for some like Oxygen OS get released to move on it.

Is this specific to OnePlus 11? I've never heard of this restriction/issue before.

It could actually be very bad for the consumer. Imagine a Chinese goes to visit another country for more than two weeks. They may find themselves being unable to make/receive calls which could result in a loss of life. Whoever implemented this hasn't thought it through. Either calling works or doesn't. Breaking the feature at a random time? This is horrible and inhumane.

Reactions: Baradim

Roongx

Jan 19, 2016
Did they flash OxygenOS firmware or factory reset?
no they didnt flash or factory reset, they just unlock it using your imei number, can go check out the realme c35 unlock region on youtube. i believe the step is similar but i just brought my phone to oppo to do it since is relatively new although i got my set imported from China and i base in Singapore. They still unlock for me

alexander宇

Nov 10, 2010
toronto
I got my phone 1/15 and used after that, call without any problems despite got the warning from time to time
I was able to make phone calls too in the beginning despite warnings until one day it suddenly stopped working. I posted a video about this on a Chinese platform. Oppo/onpleus support commented on my video that my device was locked because it was first activated outside of China. I was advised to visit a local Oppo service center along with proof of purchase for them to unlock.

sth_safal

May 7, 2010
OnePlus 11
I think this was activated with an OTA. I am still on A06 and haven't seen this warning yet.

Activated 24th Jan, first time outside China.

TweetyPeety

Recognized Themer
Aug 22, 2010
And anybody with OXYGEN OS also having this problem. Software is there, flashing should be possible.

lllyyyz

Dec 14, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 11
Hey bro, I'll get my OP 11 in a few days, I've seen similar problems in the China digital forum but I'm curious how this region lock works? Does it require a Chinese sim card? Or does it require a connection to a Chinese network, like a Chinese IP address or something.... I own both of these things, a valid Chinese sim card, and a Chinese VPN.... If OPPO is relying on these things to determine the region, that would be great. (I really don't want to mail the phone to a OnePlus service center even if they can fix it, the OnePlus service center in Europe is in Poland, which is too far away) The biggest concern is that OPPO relies on the network country code to determine the region.

XDRdaniel

Feb 27, 2013
Havant
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Man, and I was really considering buying this phone in the UK. What's the best option, to ask seller to send a sealed unit so it doesn't get activated in China, or get them to install oxigenos and lock bootloader?

Reactions: luckychukiye

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LOL this company becomes more and more of a joke by the day.
    No idea why all the links have been removed from the message but whatever.

4pda distributes warez, correct, but all the links were for a valid topic which has nothing to do with that.

Never heard of them distributing malware though. Must be something to do with the war I guess.

4pda has a ton of talented developers and some ROMs are basically developed over there but looks like the rules here have changed.

My post had nothing to do with warez.

Can I post a link to Google com?

Over 15 thousand results for 4pda at xda-developers.
    I found the prop to enable region lock so created Magisk module to disable it (and enable location history as a bonus).
    Please test "magisk-module-oplus-cn2global-test.zip" if your device is rooted.

I've put together a blog post on which specific regions are region-locked.
    They seem to be targeting areas where the global version is officially sold.
    Hi guys, some good news!!! Found on 4pda

"We managed to get in touch with OPPO representatives. We received an answer that in fact the company did not join any sanctions, this is just a technical bug, and now the developers are working to fix it as soon as possible. In the near future, this malfunction will go away, - explained the store manager Alexander Levin"
    @birdie

I've removed the links to 4pda from your above post!

4pda is not only another phone related website (and not at all affiliated with xda-developers) but also well known for the distribution of malware and warez. Links or references to 4pda are not accepted on XDA.
    XDA Forum Rules (excerpt):
    6. Do not post or request warez.

If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, then pay for it. We do not accept warez nor do we permit members to request, post, promote or describe ways in which warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained or used. This is a site of developers, i.e. the sort of people who create such software. When you cheat a software developer, you cheat us as a community.

(...)

11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
    • Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and to offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar / substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
    • Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software or commercial services, unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
    • Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
    • Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
    • Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if both of the following conditions are met:
      A) The site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership, who actively maintains an XDA-Developers support thread(s) / posts, related to the download.
      B) The site is a relatively small, personal website without commercial advertising / links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)
    Please refrain from sharing of such links in future! Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator