[warning] do not use rom manager.

Search This thread

Evil_Genius2496

Nov 8, 2011
Mumbai
Reading all those people saying that ROM Manager bricked their phone, I have decided to make a thread just so newbies will know not to use the stupid app...

Rom Manager will 100% BRICK your phone and you will have to claim your warranty or if they don't agree ... PAY OVER 50$!!!! Please DO NOT USE THIS APP OR IT WILL LEAD YOUR PHONE AND YOU TO DOOM!!!!!!!! :eek::( !!

Use this to flash CWM recovery on your mini http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1439751 . In the instructions it is given to flash through CWM but IT EVEN WORKS WITH STOCK RECOVERY!

PS: Please help me make this a sticky so n00bs can read it immediately. Thanks.

Last edited:

Jinxxed

Mar 12, 2012
badalup
Reading all those people saying that ROM Manager bricked their phone, I have decided to make a thread just so newbies will know not to use the stupid app...

Rom Manager will 100% BRICK your phone and you will have to claim your warranty or if they don't agree ... PAY OVER 50$!!!! Please DO NOT USE THIS APP OR IT WILL LEAD YOUR PHONE AND YOU TO DOOM!!!!!!!! :eek::( !!

Use this to flash CWM recovery on your mini http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1439751 . In the instructions it is given to flash through CWM but IT EVEN WORKS WITH STOCK RECOVERY!

PS: Please help me make this a sticky so n00bs can read it immediately. Thanks.

I've used it hundreds of times without any problems, the thing is, if you install a ROM that isn't for your phone it doesn't matter HOW you do it, it will still brick your phone.

You can use that flash recovery OR any other that works with the mini, what you can't do is try to flash an unsupported recovery and think it will work.

However, if you have Squads 5.0.2.8 installed, you can use Rom manager just fine, same if you have version 4.0.1.5 or 5.0.2.7 installed.

Evil_Genius2496

Nov 8, 2011
Mumbai
I've used it hundreds of times without any problems, the thing is, if you install a ROM that isn't for your phone it doesn't matter HOW you do it, it will still brick your phone.

You can use that flash recovery OR any other that works with the mini, what you can't do is try to flash an unsupported recovery and think it will work.

However, if you have Squads 5.0.2.8 installed, you can use Rom manager just fine, same if you have version 4.0.1.5 or 5.0.2.7 installed.

Oh. I did not know that. I think ill just change the main thing to " Do not install CWM through ROM manager" ... And anyways it's better not to use that app ... the CWM GUI is good enough!:)

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

dheeraj (dhlalit11)

Sep 30, 2011
fatehabad (hry)

I think you never experienced a brick by installing cwm with rom manager

seriously why take risk when we can play safe by just pressing 4-5 buttons manually

Jinxxed

Mar 12, 2012
badalup
Oh. I did not know that. I think ill just change the main thing to " Do not install CWM through ROM manager" ... And anyways it's better not to use that app ... the CWM GUI is good enough!:)

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

Absolutely, DON'T install CWM through ROM manager, it IS however a great tool for other purposes.

It could have been really great if there were more devs supporting it but everyone wants their own tool. That is the problem with FLOSS as well as it's strength because as much as the GNU people hate it, one will come out on top. :D

Personally, i like the goo.inside.me tools, looks nice to me and that is one hell of a name LOL.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

I think you never experienced a brick by installing cwm with rom manager

seriously why take risk when we can play safe by just pressing 4-5 buttons manually

AGAIN, don't install CWM via ROM manager.

I've never experienced it because it say right on the page that it's not compatible.

WHY would i install anything that isn't compatible? Well i suppose i would if i wanted to brick my phone.

User errors blamed on devs.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone