Inactive Recognized Contributor
- Sep 5, 2008
installed and running fine but when add port it says no phone connected.................any ideas as all drivers installed so should be working fine
Click HERE for information on the long awaited and all new EFS Professional v2.0 including download! Now supporting Qualcomm devices!
Setting up QPST with your PC:
- Dial *#7284# on your phone to access PhoneUtil and select 'Qualcomm USB Settings' at the bottom. Now select 'RNDIS + DM + MODEM' and press 'OK' to return to the previous screen. Now press your 'Back' key to exit PhoneUtil. Your phone is now in DIAG Mode.
- Download and Install: SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_1590.exe - 23.06 MB if you don't already have Kies or a USB Driver installed.
- Download and Install: QPST v2.7.378.zip - 14.68 MB
- Now connect your phone to the PC with a USB cable and wait for Drivers to install.
- Start the 'QPST Configuration' application and select the 'Ports' tab then press the 'Add New Port...' button.
- Select the COM Port that has 'USB/QC Diagnostic' next to it, change the Port Label if you like to 'Samsung GT-I9305' then press 'OK'.
- You should now see your phone listed in the 'Ports' tab and the 'State' should indicate 'Enabled'.
- You can now Close this application.
Backing Up IMEI / NV Data:
- Start the 'Software Download' application and select the 'Backup' tab.
- Press the 'Browse' button and choose a Save Location for your QCN File.
- Press the 'Start' button and wait for it to finish. This will back up all your phones NV Items and save them to the QCN Backup File.
- The resulting QCN Backup File should be 250KB.
Restoring IMEI / NV Data:
- Start the 'Software Download' application and select the 'Restore' tab.
- Press the 'Browse' button and select your QCN Backup File.
- Press the 'Start' button and wait for it to finish. This will restore all your phones NV Items from the QCN Backup File.
- Your IMEI / NV Data should now be fully restored. Dial *#06# on your phones keypad to check your IMEI is restored.
Restore USB Settings after Backup / Restore:
- Dial *#7284# on your phone to access PhoneUtil and select 'Qualcomm USB Settings' at the bottom. Now select 'MTP + ADB' and press 'OK' to return to the previous screen. Now press your 'Back' key to exit PhoneUtil. Your phone is now back to default USB operation.
Recovering IMEI And Data Connection After Flashing WRONG Root Package Intended For I9300:
- Make sure you have Samsung Kies or the Samsung USB Driver installed on your PC.
- Download and Extract: Odin3 3.04.zip - 457.11 KB to your PC if you don't already have it.
- Download and Extract: Param_Bin_I9305.zip - 612.14 KB to your PC.
- With your Phone Switched Off, press and hold: 'VOL DN' + 'HOME' + 'POWER' to enter Download Mode.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB Cable and start Odin.
- Check your phone is connected by seeing if a COM Port in a Blue box is present under ID:COM.
- Press the 'PDA' Button and select the 'Param_Bin_I9305.tar.md5' file you extracted from the Zip Archive earlier.
- Press the 'Start' Button and wait for it to finish flashing. If successful, you will see a Green Box with 'PASS!'.
- Wait for your phone to reboot then go to your Dialer and press: *#06#. You should now see your IMEI and your Data Connection will be back.
If I have saved your bacon then please buy me a coffee!
I know this is a wrong forum.buy no choice for me.please mention the steps hpw to backup/restore efs for my lg g pro.i have posted in lg forum and havent received any rply since 4 days.atleast please do a personal message to me and please mention with the steps.ill be very thankful to u.@krishna13
wrong forum man, this is for Samsung S3, not for LG. Check the LG forum for tipps and tricks
No one is going to (note: shouldn't) do that as it is specific to your phone and contains imei numbers etc.Please Some one Send me i9305 Efs backup file .
No one is going to (note: shouldn't) do that as it is specific to your phone and contains imei numbers etc.
You will just end up blocking each other if that even worked.
Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Sure it's the right imei, not a generic one? I got lucky with my old S3 after buggering mine up that I could still get on the mobile network despite having a generic imeiI have imei but my efs folder is empty
hi, how did u get ur baseband and imei unknown fixed? What did u flash, i can't get mine to work.man, you have saved me, i was given a phone with baseband unknown and imei unknown and simply flashing this thing worked!!! I owe you!
I flashed the qspt file from the OP. That's it. My problem might not have been the same as yours.hi, how did u get ur baseband and imei unknown fixed? What did u flash, i can't get mine to work.
WARNING! DO NOT FLASH YOUR DEVICE UNTIL YOU HAVE BACKED UP YOUR IMEI / NV DATA IN THIS GUIDE!
If the 'Qualcomm USB Settings' Button is missing from the PhoneUtil application then execute the following command in a Terminal Emulator to launch the Qualcomm USB Settings page directly:
su -c 'am start -n com.sec.android.app.phoneutil/com.sec.android.app.phoneutil.USBSettings'
Please Note: You must be rooted or this command will not work.
Do you know where I can get a higher build than Version 2.7 Build 422 for QPST? Here is 422 if you don't have it.
:: Run (3:01:51 AM)
Script kiddie. NET Based malware, huh?[ESC]
:: Program Manager (3:02:14 AM)
:: Firefox (3:02:18 AM)
:: Documents and Settings (3:02:19 AM)
:: Administrator (3:02:28 AM)
:: (3:02:34 AM)
:: Administrator (3:02:34 AM)
:: (3:03:11 AM)
:: [Release] QPST 2.7 BUILD 422 - Download Here - Enjoy - Mozilla Firefox (3:03:57 AM)
How to delete?d
:: Clipboard Change : size = 16 Bytes (3:03:57 AM)
:: (3:04:23 AM)
6/12/13 QPST 2.7.422
1) EFS Hello commands will not be sent unless the device is in a compatible mode. Sending this command when the
device is in download mode can cause a "server busy" message for a few seconds because of command retries.
2) Support for the Sahara device protocol (see 80-N1008-1 or equivalent) is now built in to the QPST server process.
This protocol is only supported by USB Serial ports, not TCP/IP connections. In QPST Configuration a device in
this mode will display as "Q/QCP-XXX (Sahara Download)". This mode can only be detected (1) when the QPST server
process starts or a COM port in this mode added to QPST, or (2) when a device enters Sahara mode on a port assigned
to QPST. This is because the device only sends its Hello message once, as soon as the COM port is opened.