[WARNING] OOS11 MESSES WITH WIDEVINE (HD QUALITY VIDEO)

Search This thread

trueToastedCode

Mar 14, 2019
Cologne
OnePlus 7
If you install OOS11 11.0.1.1 and want to go back to OOS10, then your L1 level is gone for Android 10. It comes back when upgrading :(

Many issues already reported:
Can also be found in random comments on YouTube and more....
It's real!

Log from 10 after downgrade:
[oemcrypto_adapter_dynamic.cpp(842):LoadLevel1] Could not find /factory/wv.keys. Falling Back to L3. Error::Cannot open the file /vendor/firmware_mnt/image/widevine.mdt errno = 13 Error::Loading image failed with ret = -1

Log from 11 after update (update after downgrade after upgrade)
[oemcrypto_adapter_dynamic.cpp(710):Initialize] L3 Initialized. Trying L1. QCOM-OEMCrypto: OEMCrypto_Initialize

Last edited:

sToRm1nG

This is not a general issue. I myself had 11.0.1.1 installed with unlocked bootlaoder and was able to revert to OOS 10 without any issues. Bootloader locked and Widevine L1.

Maybe it is related to the MSMDownload Tool variant you used. Which one was it?

trueToastedCode

Mar 14, 2019
Cologne
OnePlus 7
I did that several times also having an EU device and never ran into this issue. Pretty weird and worrisome...
So weird... i mean how can L1 be on 11 but not 10 ;((( I'll try now to unlock and lock on 11 and then downgrade to EU 10 and wait more then 24h with biometric auth activated.... Probably its also they way i am installing the driver for MSM ... (i leave the driver uninstalled until the disconnect sound appears, then without the driver installed the device does still not reboot... then i installed the msm driver - device does not auto reboot like that with driver installed) Lets see... i now installed the driver before it was connected and pressed start directly

Update: Not working.

Last edited: