[WARNING THREAD] must read this before doing anything

Search This thread

dheeraj (dhlalit11)

Sep 30, 2011
fatehabad (hry)
here are some points which a mini user must follow to keep his g'mini away from problems

Flashing roms:-

now many mini users flash rom on their mobile with stock recovery then create a thread here saying "I did this how to get this fixed" why you not read before doing anything

be sure to flash cwm to your phone with Odin and never flash it through rom manager even if it shows g'mini in the list

ROM manager:-

Flashing recovery through rom manager is highly risky 99.99% are of bricking their mobile (obviously can be revived), although many users have posted that they have successfully flashed rom (not recovery) through the app, but still am warning you to not use it on any cost and also I will also like to ask devs to remove it from their rom, by including the app in their rom people got encouraged to use it, I am not blaming the developer of rom manager, he is doing a very great work but rom manager is not made for galaxy mini

Touch firmware update:-

Many of you are interested in special codes which have to put in the dialer to access special areas of android os

in the bulk of those codes there is a code for updating touch firmware, but you are warned that you should not do this, these days many problem are coming about touch, updating touch firmware will brick your touch, and flashing will not do anything and its a tricky job to get the touch working again

but if you have did update even after reading this please do not create a new thread instead write problem here, all the members here will try to solve it

what is touch firmware update:- there is an option in samsung's android phone to update its touch firmware, and its a very risky task to do, 80% of the result are of bricking the touch, and then what happens is hours of Googling, unwanted tensions in mind and obviously a bricked touch

how to fix it:- http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22709246&postcount=1 here is a very good tut on fixing your touch

Rooting and Unrooting:-

Currently there are two packages to root galaxy mini, both have their on advantages, but you need to keep in mind that you must use the same packages for rooting and unrooting, using different packages can cause instability.

flashing recovery:-

flashing recovery through rom toolbox or flash_image binary is not recommended it may lead to a brick, instead use the method discribed in thousands of tutorial around internet, most secure way to flash recovery is through Odin using a recovery.tar file according to your current version

unlocking phone:-

many of you wanted to unlock your mobile to use other company's sim on your sim locked mobile, and thousands of articles are there to do this in galaxy mini, but don't for get to backup you efs folder to a safe place so of something just mis-happens then you can use the backup to restore the imei, another thing is never make any changes to the file located in the efs folder, or else you will have a mp4 player instead of a fully working android

Last edited:

VR.gtmini

Oct 8, 2011
Mars
Please Xplain more about Touch Firmware Upgrade, what's its effect on sensitivity, silky smoothness.....
I know there is Google but regarding to mini's touch we could understand better.

Last edited:

VR.gtmini

Oct 8, 2011
Mars
if you want better touchscreen I will give gorilla glass 5

I have Xperia S, HTC one X, but I use mini too. I'm just out from xda for some time in past.
Btw if anyone can provide links of guide I will surely appreciate

(recommended to Tchaikovsky to refresh up mind with specs of both of the above phones)

Last edited:

anshul sood

Mar 20, 2012
Kangra
Could we Have this thread pinned? It has very important info, especially pertaining to the use of ROM manager.

Last edited:

yackovsky

Jan 31, 2012
if someone is dumb enough to do anything with his phone without any knowledge about it... let's just say, remove all warning labels from all kinds of products, and let the natural selection begin :)

Reactions: nobody_nowhere

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here are some points which a mini user must follow to keep his g'mini away from problems

Flashing roms:-

now many mini users flash rom on their mobile with stock recovery then create a thread here saying "I did this how to get this fixed" why you not read before doing anything

be sure to flash cwm to your phone with Odin and never flash it through rom manager even if it shows g'mini in the list

ROM manager:-

Flashing recovery through rom manager is highly risky 99.99% are of bricking their mobile (obviously can be revived), although many users have posted that they have successfully flashed rom (not recovery) through the app, but still am warning you to not use it on any cost and also I will also like to ask devs to remove it from their rom, by including the app in their rom people got encouraged to use it, I am not blaming the developer of rom manager, he is doing a very great work but rom manager is not made for galaxy mini

Touch firmware update:-

Many of you are interested in special codes which have to put in the dialer to access special areas of android os

in the bulk of those codes there is a code for updating touch firmware, but you are warned that you should not do this, these days many problem are coming about touch, updating touch firmware will brick your touch, and flashing will not do anything and its a tricky job to get the touch working again

but if you have did update even after reading this please do not create a new thread instead write problem here, all the members here will try to solve it

what is touch firmware update:- there is an option in samsung's android phone to update its touch firmware, and its a very risky task to do, 80% of the result are of bricking the touch, and then what happens is hours of Googling, unwanted tensions in mind and obviously a bricked touch

how to fix it:- http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22709246&postcount=1 here is a very good tut on fixing your touch

Rooting and Unrooting:-

Currently there are two packages to root galaxy mini, both have their on advantages, but you need to keep in mind that you must use the same packages for rooting and unrooting, using different packages can cause instability.

flashing recovery:-

flashing recovery through rom toolbox or flash_image binary is not recommended it may lead to a brick, instead use the method discribed in thousands of tutorial around internet, most secure way to flash recovery is through Odin using a recovery.tar file according to your current version

unlocking phone:-

many of you wanted to unlock your mobile to use other company's sim on your sim locked mobile, and thousands of articles are there to do this in galaxy mini, but don't for get to backup you efs folder to a safe place so of something just mis-happens then you can use the backup to restore the imei, another thing is never make any changes to the file located in the efs folder, or else you will have a mp4 player instead of a fully working android
    He had given so important guide and in return he had got only 1 thanks .
    Edit: I forgot to thanks him too :p

Edward Cullen
    if someone is dumb enough to do anything with his phone without any knowledge about it... let's just say, remove all warning labels from all kinds of products, and let the natural selection begin :)
    Hi there im using emanon v7 galaxy mini and cwm v4
    can i upgrade my cwm to 5.0.2.8 via recovery mode?? and do i need to wipe cache /data:confused:
    cause new experience rom requires 5.0.2.8cwm
    No need to wipe data when you are flashing recovery

But don't forget to do that when you are flashing the rom
    I'm using this method when i am going to flash a new rom
    BTW Ive just upgrade cwm 5.0.2.8:good:
    and is it necesarry to partition my sdcard:confused: (going to flash new experience)

if it says so in roms thread...