Warranty after root/unlock ?

Search This thread

abhishekr700

Mar 20, 2013
New Delhi
www.geeksunboxed.com
Hi guys, quick question here.
I have bought a Redmi Note 4 , 32gb/3gb Snapdragon one.
I have these questions.
How is warranty affected after rooting our device ?
How is warranty affected by uunlocking the bootloader ?
What features won't work after unlocking the bootloader ?
What to keep in mind, to avoid problms in future , would xiaomi service centres be of any help ?

Thank you. Please answer separately for each question.

Reactions: Raxpandey007

leo_pard2331

Feb 20, 2017
Pune
Xiaomi just like onePlus supports rooting....
So don't worry...
You can always get back your warranty by Just flashing the global stable ROM...
Also all the features will work after unlocking bootloader...
Do remember that it's you who is willing to make the changes and I'm not responsible if anything goes wrong...
Avoid rooting if you don't have adequate knowledge... ;)

safwan ck

Mar 24, 2013
So don't worry...
Do remember that it's you who is willing to make the changes and I'm not responsible if anything goes wrong...
You mean that will get warranty after unlocking bootloader.

D

Deleted member 8142559

I have these questions.
What to keep in mind, to avoid problms in future , would xiaomi service centres be of any help ?

1) You void your warranty on rooting your device

2) Unlocking the bootloader itself doesn't void your warranty.. but the Mi Unlock tool clearly states whatever happens after the bootloader unlock (custom ROM install and stuff) is your responsibility.. so if something happens during those processes, the warranty is void..

3) according to xiaomi, things like Encryption and find my device won't properly work..

4) flash original fastboot rom and relock the bootloader if you want to take the thing to service center.. the only situation where your warranty truly is void is if you manage to brick it beyond repair, which is almost impossible to do.. (you can make a xiaomi deep flash cable (google it) to fix the device even when you can't directly boot into fastboot mode)

P.S. - i haven't done the deep flash stuff.. just posting what I learnt on the internet

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

As long as the technicians get the phone running unrooted stock MIUI, they won't complain..

PS - again this is according to the internet.. i have not tested this..

zerohunk

May 15, 2012
Mumbai
Realme 7 Pro
I remember the case when i bricked my galaxy S1 back in those years 2 times and I took it to the service center in india which was almost a kilometre from my house and i told the guy that it got bricked when i was charging it.. He replaced the motherboard and gave me both the times.. And told me that I probably had a loose connection at home ?.. I told him I'll get it fixed.. Thats the only device i ever bricked and that too because it was the first device i was trying to mod.. Its really tough to brick the newer devices.. But i dont know if the trick i used still works with the service centres today..

aku_baik

Nov 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Before this i only experience root phone that has no warranty. Now with this info, it make sense. When restore the stock ROM everything goes back to normal on my old Samsung device. That mean the device is fully restore as original which mean restore the warranty as well. Thanks Guys, just got my redmi note 4 SD and will install Resurrection Remix right away.

zerohunk

May 15, 2012
Mumbai
Realme 7 Pro
Before this i only experience root phone that has no warranty. Now with this info, it make sense. When restore the stock ROM everything goes back to normal on my old Samsung device. That mean the device is fully restore as original which mean restore the warranty as well. Thanks Guys, just got my redmi note 4 SD and will install Resurrection Remix right away.
If you are planning to install custom rom asap then you should check out the bootloader unlock guide to be prepared for your bootloader unlock.. As unlocking the bootloader can be a time taking task...

All the best!

NDbluewee

Oct 6, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
Xiaomi 11T Pro

Hi ak_baik

Hello.
I am from KL too and going to get one Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (SD) soon. Can you share your success on step by step ......
1. How to unlock the bootloader?
2. How to root it?
3. How to install the TWRP and also the back up too?
4. Do you need to flash the latest Firmware (Upgrade your Miui 9) before doing the RR 5.8.5 10/25 stable version?

Currently, I have installed RR on my both Galaxy S2 GT-9100 and Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) >>> Beautifully thumb Up!
Cheers and thank you very much kawan -:) -:)

aku_baik

Nov 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi ak_baik

Hello.
I am from KL too and going to get one Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (SD) soon. Can you share your success on step by step ......
1. How to unlock the bootloader?
2. How to root it?
3. How to install the TWRP and also the back up too?
4. Do you need to flash the latest Firmware (Upgrade your Miui 9) before doing the RR 5.8.5 10/25 stable version?

Currently, I have installed RR on my both Galaxy S2 GT-9100 and Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) >>> Beautifully thumb Up!
Cheers and thank you very much kawan -:) -:)

Welcome to Xiaomi Family..
You can just browsing in Redmi Note 4 xda section for the tutorial.
1. Unlock bootloader (the most annoying part)
2. Install Twrp via fastboot
3. Flash Rom & Magisk or anything you prefer.
4. Done, that's it...

For miui i do not backup anything since brand new n nothing to backup and dont worry about warranty. You can restore back to original version by flashing stock rom from xiaomi then you can claim for warranty with no issue, i have done it before. :D:D:D

storm_99

Oct 18, 2017
Bhubaneswar
I have these questions.

It doesn't void warranty

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

It doesn't void warranty[/QUOTE just flag miui before going service center BTW you know what they don't care

rajesh4xda

Sep 15, 2015
Can anyone tell how to flash stock STABLE MIUI AND RELOCK BOOTLOADER?
I saws many guys face issues because of twrp pattern lock. how to avoid that?

storm_99

Oct 18, 2017
Bhubaneswar
I have these questions.

No its doesn't void warranty!
Well , also they don't actually cares.

Shubhampal

Jun 5, 2018
By which method should we root
I mean can we root it directly by using the one tap root (kingroot app) or should we use the pc method

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So don't worry...
    I have these questions.

Ye, you still have the warranty but if something goes wrong , you need to flash the stock rom before going to the service center.
    Yup...
    Definitely...
    Just flash global stable ROM and poof..
    That's it :)