Warranty Service with Unlocked Bootloader

Search This thread

Rumzie

Feb 7, 2013
Fairfield
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience with Asus warranty service while having an unlocked bootloader.
Maybe a few months after buying my first Zenfone (5z), the rear camera's focusing mechanism failed and would not focus anymore.
I sent my phone into their repair center (which didn't include a shipping label), and waited about 10 days. I was doubtful they would fix it, but it turns out they completely ignored the unlocked bootloader and replaced my rear camera!

I'm not always lucky in getting warranty service on phones with unlocked bootloaders (especially when it's not defect related), but I am glad to know that Asus stands by their products when there is a real hardware defect.
Has anyone else successfully received warranty service with an unlocked bootloader? What service did you need for your Zenfone?

yograjfire18

Apr 12, 2016
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience with Asus warranty service while having an unlocked bootloader.
Maybe a few months after buying my first Zenfone (5z), the rear camera's focusing mechanism failed and would not focus anymore.
I sent my phone into their repair center (which didn't include a shipping label), and waited about 10 days. I was doubtful they would fix it, but it turns out they completely ignored the unlocked bootloader and replaced my rear camera!

I'm not always lucky in getting warranty service on phones with unlocked bootloaders (especially when it's not defect related), but I am glad to know that Asus stands by their products when there is a real hardware defect.
Has anyone else successfully received warranty service with an unlocked bootloader? What service did you need for your Zenfone?

I had network issue and got repaired (software) twice but still same issue and third time i submitted it and they replaced motherboard.
**My bootloader was unlocked from the 1st time i visited but no issue with the warranty.

I was happy to know about this that it didn't void my warranty.

Reactions: cmahendra

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I had network issue and got repaired (software) twice but still same issue and third time i submitted it and they replaced motherboard.
    **My bootloader was unlocked from the 1st time i visited but no issue with the warranty.

I was happy to know about this that it didn't void my warranty.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone