• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Was the root method patched in a firmware update?

Search This thread

Nov 29, 2021
Every command used for rooting i try in fastboot doesn't work expect fastboot flashing unlock
I'm using the 100015685-E

jryx

Mar 19, 2015
You should just try flashing a GSI rom. I think most of these tablets are compatible. Use an app like "Treble Info" to see.

jryx

Mar 19, 2015
Can you recommend a quality GSI ROM that you've used? Thank you.
I installed phhusson's de-googled AOSP rom. I haven't used it extensively, but first impressions are great. All the roms in this list should be compatible.

Reactions: kozmo2k4

gleck0de

Dec 11, 2020
I installed phhusson's de-googled AOSP rom. I haven't used it extensively, but first impressions are great. All the roms in this list should be compatible.

Thanks! I used some of these ROMS for a Huawei M5 Lite recently and they're not quite geared for tablets. After all adjustments, while I could get it to look more like a tablet OS, it still was lacking a bit. That could probably be the M5 Lite problem. Either way, thanks for confirming that these ROMS work. I appreciate the help!

No functionality issues, right? Currently I have a BT problem with stock ONN.

Thanks again!!

jryx

Mar 19, 2015
Thanks! I used some of these ROMS for a Huawei M5 Lite recently and they're not quite geared for tablets. After all adjustments, while I could get it to look more like a tablet OS, it still was lacking a bit. That could probably be the M5 Lite problem. Either way, thanks for confirming that these ROMS work. I appreciate the help!

No functionality issues, right? Currently I have a BT problem with stock ONN.

Thanks again!!
Yeah, may not be optimized for tablets. Not to big of a deal on the 8" version, but could be an issue on the 10".

Wifi and cameras work for me. Haven't tried bluetooth...

Top Liked Posts