Watch 3 pro is not receiving harmonyos 2.1 update

Search This thread

velix2

Sep 30, 2011
France
Hello,
my watch 3 pro is stuck at version 2.0.0.216 and does not receive the 2.1 update.
No update is shown on the watch (also with wifi on and Bluetooth off) or the health app.

I have the latest health (12.1.8.310) and hms core (6.7.0.302) from the appgallery on a realme smartphone. I already tried different configurations: uninstalling the apps, without hms core (login out and back in), resetting the watch, using a different device (xiaomi) but the update won't show.

My device is HUAWEI WATCH 3 Pro-C45 model GLL-AL01 on build 2.0.0.216(SP2C432E216R1P216) and I am in the French region.

Do you ave any suggestion?

velix2

Sep 30, 2011
France
The Huawei support service replied:

Thank you for reaching out. Kindly be advised that system update for Huawei Watch 3 Pro in Europe region will be released today (09/20/2022), however, please know that system update will be released in batches hence, not every device will receive the update in one go.

To ensure that you are able to receive the system update for your device, kindly ensure that your watch is connected to your phone and connected to the internet. Thank you for choosing Huawei. Have a great day.

@candas68 please let me know if and when you receive the update

marcusroy

Sep 22, 2022
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem with my Huawei Watch 3 Pro. Also the same version (2.0.0.216). I have understood that Huawei have already released multiple firmware updates during this year but I guess that haven't included Europe. I'm in Finland btw.

Last edited:

candas68

Jun 7, 2022
No, nothing from my side.
Event tried to trick Huawei Health by using a chinese Huawei ID, using a fake gps location in china, nothing worked.

velix2

Sep 30, 2011
France
Probably the Watch is tagged as EU in its firmware and is not health application dependant

velix2

Sep 30, 2011
France
I bought another watch 3 pro from Amazon warehouse and it updated right away up to harmonyos 2.1.0.239. The watch is also from the French region and nothing changed on the smartphone (same health and HMS core apps I was using with the other watch).
I am always more convinced that there is some sort of bug (probably server side) which prevents our watch to receive the updates from Huawei...

candas68

Jun 7, 2022
I had huawei support on the chat, they tell me I should just wait...
I was thinking they might have a way to whitelist my IMEI on the server or something but no...

Jplatino21

Oct 19, 2022
Im having the same problem i got stuck in version 2.0.0.216 in Belgium.. Is there any solution available to this?

marcusroy

Sep 22, 2022
It seems that most of the people having problems with updating are on the version 2.0.0.216. There could be a bug on the server preventing the update from that version. Hopefully Huawei will fix it soon.

I also contacted Huawei support. They told me to wait for the latest update which might take a while since it will be rolled out country by country.

Jplatino21

Oct 19, 2022
It seems that most of the people having problems with updating are on the version 2.0.0.216. There could be a bug on the server preventing the update from that version. Hopefully Huawei will fix it soon.

I also contacted Huawei support. They told me to wait for the latest update which might take a while since it will be rolled out country by country.
I also contacted them in the live chat they told me that 2.0.0.216 was the last version but of course thats not the case. I also realize that the last update i had was on december last year so its almost a year with any updates... So i start to lose hope. The only solution i find is to go to a huawei repair center I read some people need to change the motherboard... I hope thats not the case.

nahkairma

Apr 4, 2018
Also stuck at 2.0.0.216. I contacted them via chat, and got confirmation that 2.1.6 should be latest in my region (Finland). My phone is Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 and somehow I have a feeling that using Huawei phone for the update might do the trick. Customer service advised me to send the watch to repair service (For free. They even send the package material at my addres.) 'cos there isn't one in the city I live in. This kind of bug is really annoying, but their customer service is suprisingly good so it kind of balances my slight angre lol. :D

marcusroy

Sep 22, 2022
Alright, thought that I should give a little update here. So, I actually contacted the official Huawei maintenance service in Helsinki, which is a third party btw, and gave my watch for them for an investigation. Got it back the next day with a note that it already has the latest firmware and nothing appears to be wrong with it. Have to say that I am a bit confused now since some users are already on version 2.1 and some are still stuck on 2.0. Oh well, I guess I have to keep waiting.