Question Watch 4 Classic battery life

Search This thread

tedkord

Feb 14, 2009
Just got my Watch 4 Classic 46mm to replace my Watch 3 45mm. On day 1, after about 2 hours the battery is down 14%. Is that typical? My Watch 3 would go through an entire 16 hour day using only about 30-34%. Any tips? Thanks.

tedkord

Feb 14, 2009
Give it a few days it's new.. I get about a day from mine..
Thanks. A day is a real downgrade from the watch 3 classic. I may have to return this. For instance, my GW3 has been off the charger for 3 hours, and it's at 96% battery. The GW4 has been off charger for 2.5 hours and it's at 86% battery.

oxfordmark

Mar 3, 2011
Smart Watches
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Thanks. A day is a real downgrade from the watch 3 classic. I may have to return this. For instance, my GW3 has been off the charger for 3 hours, and it's at 96% battery. The GW4 has been off charger for 2.5 hours and it's at 86% battery.
My GW4 was taken off the charger at 0730, 4 hours later 90%, but i did a cycle work out, so that uses power.

Reactions: tedkord

crxssi

Jun 18, 2010
USA
Like the other poster said, you can't know anything about battery life in Lithium-ion devices until it has completed several discharge/charge cycles. And I recommend at least one FULL discharge (all the way until it dies). Only then will it achieve full battery potential.

Reactions: tedkord

strik3that

Jan 5, 2022
Mine is on for 2, sometimes 3 days when I dont work out. However when I work out, because I'm a bit cheap to pay for an app to track my gym weights.. I take notes with google note on the watch and use the normal stopwatch which causes my display to be active the whole time while I work out. Bluetooth is paired with buds and I listen to music. Takes about 25-35% for a 2 hour workout. I bought the watch primarily to not be forced to run with my phone and be able to track my progress in the gym.
I'm starting to write an app which makes the tracking easier and has build in pause timers so the display wont be on the whole time... I'll also write a widget to not be forced to open the stopwatch app just to start/pause it...
App switching is also pretty slow.. I feel like my galaxy s3 was faster doing that...It's my first smartwatch and I'm disappointed... I should have bought a cheap alternative for 1/3 of the price and would've probably gotten the same performance. As a sidenote, I have pretty my everything turned off on the watch and don't wear it the whole day.

Reactions: galaxys

evgeni.lalov

Mar 19, 2011
Hi all,
I have also recently bought one - GW4 classic 46 mm LTE.

On the attached screenshot you can see how I am with the battery life - roughly 2 days. That's the maximum with the following settings:
LET - OFF - I haven't activated a mobile plan
GPS - OFF
Wifi - OFF
AOD -OFF
NFC - OFF
Brightness - around 40%,
Bedtime mode - scheduled from 00:00 to 07:30 + Power saving for the same period
All smart gestures (raise to wake, gestures for answering/dismissing calls and notifications, quick launch) - ON
Notifications with turning display on for Viber, Gmail, Slack(not always), Phone, Yahoo Mail, FB Messenger, Calendar, Clock, Phone Messages) - ON
Vibration - OFF
Samsung Health monitoring features - OFF (only steps counting )

I have several calls during the day, and a light to moderate number of notifications.

My battery lasts around 43/6 hours - almost two days.
What's your opinion, guys? Am I doing well in terms of battery life, or is my battery underperforming for its capabilities?

P.S. This is my 3d charge cycle.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220216-152731.jpg
    Screenshot_20220216-152731.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Hi all,
I have also recently bought one - GW4 classic 46 mm LTE.

On the attached screenshot you can see how I am with the battery life - roughly 2 days. That's the maximum with the following settings:
LET - OFF - I haven't activated a mobile plan
GPS - OFF
Wifi - OFF
AOD -OFF
NFC - OFF
Brightness - around 40%,
Bedtime mode - scheduled from 00:00 to 07:30 + Power saving for the same period
All smart gestures (raise to wake, gestures for answering/dismissing calls and notifications, quick launch) - ON
Notifications with turning display on for Viber, Gmail, Slack(not always), Phone, Yahoo Mail, FB Messenger, Calendar, Clock, Phone Messages) - ON
Vibration - OFF
Samsung Health monitoring features - OFF (only steps counting )

I have several calls during the day, and a light to moderate number of notifications.

My battery lasts around 43/6 hours - almost two days.
What's your opinion, guys? Am I doing well in terms of battery life, or is my battery underperforming for its capabilities?

P.S. This is my 3d charge cycle.
I don't see the point. You got an LTE watch, you turned off everything. Hope you got lots of money :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got my Watch 4 Classic 46mm to replace my Watch 3 45mm. On day 1, after about 2 hours the battery is down 14%. Is that typical? My Watch 3 would go through an entire 16 hour day using only about 30-34%. Any tips? Thanks.
    Give it a few days it's new.. I get about a day from mine..
    My GW4 was taken off the charger at 0730, 4 hours later 90%, but i did a cycle work out, so that uses power.
    Like the other poster said, you can't know anything about battery life in Lithium-ion devices until it has completed several discharge/charge cycles. And I recommend at least one FULL discharge (all the way until it dies). Only then will it achieve full battery potential.
    My battery is now on 16% after 30 hours of normal use.
    "normal" use depends on person... I'm ok for 2 .5 days
    Mine is on for 2, sometimes 3 days when I dont work out. However when I work out, because I'm a bit cheap to pay for an app to track my gym weights.. I take notes with google note on the watch and use the normal stopwatch which causes my display to be active the whole time while I work out. Bluetooth is paired with buds and I listen to music. Takes about 25-35% for a 2 hour workout. I bought the watch primarily to not be forced to run with my phone and be able to track my progress in the gym.
    I'm starting to write an app which makes the tracking easier and has build in pause timers so the display wont be on the whole time... I'll also write a widget to not be forced to open the stopwatch app just to start/pause it...
    App switching is also pretty slow.. I feel like my galaxy s3 was faster doing that...It's my first smartwatch and I'm disappointed... I should have bought a cheap alternative for 1/3 of the price and would've probably gotten the same performance. As a sidenote, I have pretty my everything turned off on the watch and don't wear it the whole day.