Question Watch Battery info not showing on Galaxy Wear app....

Search This thread

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hello community!

When playing around with my watch yesterday, something happened and the watch lost connection to my phone. And i was forced to reset it and set it up again.

After setting it up fresh, i see that the Galaxy Wear app on my phone doesn't show the watch battery information most of the time.

Screenshot_20220623-183420_Galaxy Watch4 Manager.png

Screenshot_20220623-183431_Galaxy Watch4 Manager.png

I keep getting the above error.

On the app home screen, the battery info gets updated some times, though most of the time, that too lags behind.

I used to see this problem once in a while before, but after the factory reset, this is how it is most of the time.

Even on the SmartThings app, it is the same story:

iMarkup_20220623_203608.png

A fresh installation is supposed to solve existing problems. But in this case, it has resulted in a new problem.

I have already restarted both my watch and my phone multiple times, and it hasn't helped.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

UPDATE

As suspected earlier, this issue is most likely caused by apps or watch faces installed on the watch that REQUIRE a companion app on the phone for certain functionalities, such as getting phone battery info.

In those cases, either remove the battery optimisation for those apps on phone, OR uninstall such apps from both the phone and the watch.

RELATED POSTS

You'll find more info and related links here:

Last edited:

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Although I can't confirm just yet, it appears to me that some watch faces can potentially hinder with sync or cause connection related issues.

I'm keeping an eye on this and will update OP with my observations.