Watchface collection for smartwatch / watchphone mtk6260A - DZ09, GT08, GV08, F8, etc

Search This thread

Android Wear

Jul 31, 2018
so 4 days later, extensive research and a shyt load of reading later, trial and error i finally cracked it!

Golem you a legend and i wouldn't have gotten this far if it wasn't for you!.
so im running a V8 smartwatch 32mb + 32mb bla bla bla
flashed over 100 times in the past week trying tyo find the right firmware after i flashed it by accident without saving the original (sleep deprevation)

any way i've just cracked it and managed to find a method to locate the clock image files inside the rom files and finally changed it on a 32mb 6261d board..
will follow up with a simpler method once i simplify the procedure and do a few more tests :)

open
Can You Show Me How You Did It ?

boar-hooligan

Apr 1, 2013
Moscow
symphony-tea.ru
Hi friends, tell me how to change the dials on the clock
[VERSION] MX7-COB-DZ09-9307BOE-QCY-DC0821-HYBR-V01.537-20180926
[BRANCH]:
BUILD:BUILD_NO
SERIAL#:
[BUILD TIME]
2018/09/26 09:57
[MRE VERSION] 3100
HAL_VERNO:

Processor:mt6260ma

Last edited:

coolpixs4

Mar 7, 2011
Dear @Golem_

How can I modify the Region address/Begin address of a mtk_ROM for matching each other? (attached screenshot)
same mtk2502 wear-watch ROM (one for GW01, one for SMA-R)
If I flash the one with Begin address 0x1003... touch not working and screen shifted-up, so I want to modify it to start at 0x1002...like original ROM

How can I modify it in HexEditor ?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Golem_

Oct 23, 2015
Dear @Golem_

How can I modify the Region address/Begin address of a mtk_ROM for matching each other? (attached screenshot)
same mtk2502 wear-watch ROM (one for GW01, one for SMA-R)
If I flash the one with Begin address 0x1003... touch not working and screen shifted-up, so I want to modify it to start at 0x1002...like original ROM

How can I modify it in HexEditor ?

Very simple task, open the primary_maui file in hex editor (the biggest file) - that byte you find at the offset 0x0000001e position there you have to have 03 in your file, change it to 02, save file and reload the scatter in flashtool - tadaaaaa (check the attachment)
For a more comprehensive picture, as you can notice starting with the offset 0x0000001c we have in the next 4 bytes the begin address as little endian ( for instance 0x10020000 is written as 00 00 02 10)

Hope it helps

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Reactions: coolpixs4

Canna77

Jun 3, 2016
hello golem i am trying to insert or replace watchface on my smartwatch i have already made the backup of the rom but i am not able i enclose info on the device

Attachments

• IMG_20200103_170951_132.jpg
    IMG_20200103_170951_132.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 121

Golem_

Oct 23, 2015
hello golem i am trying to insert or replace watchface on my smartwatch i have already made the backup of the rom but i am not able i enclose info on the device

for most of new watches on the market there is no more possible to change the watchface

ricklana

Jan 4, 2020
As long as already we know how to replace a watch face I thought it is the right moment to have a spot where we can share our creations, photo processed compilations or what we think it worth to become a watch face

For the very beginning a brief tutorial about the watch face replacing itself
1. do a copy of the firmware you want to change (for instance rename the new containing folder <DZ09 mod1>)
2. create a folder (lets call it <new watch faces>) and put inside all watch face gifs you have
3. obviously, start the program (attached hereunder)
4. press open (left down buton) browse to <DZ09 mod1> , as extension select all files and select ROM (or FILE_01_mtk) - <open>
5. press upper right side <workdir> and go to your <new watch faces> folder and press ok
6. press <Pictures> upper left and in the main list from left pick which picture you want to change and click on it
7. in the right side choose the picture you want to insert and click on it
8. press upper right side button <import> if shows successful go to step 9 if not the picture you chose is to big
9. press save - it opens browser in the <DZ09 mod1>, check ROM (or FILE_01_mtk) and accept to overwrite the file
10. flash <DZ09 mod1> on your phone and enjoy!

Now about requirements for a picture in order to become a watch face:
1. Static GIF format
2. Resolution of 240 x 240 at 218dpi (our watches have 28mmx28mm so do the math)
3. Our watches have different available space for applying a new face so please share a picture at different sizes though the quality differs

Use your money wisely, DO NOT WASTE IT buying from GEARBEST!
- worst shipping ever (10 days in case you're lucky)
- most products are defective (this is referring just to smartwatches and watch phones - can't say anything about other products)
- in case of complain (ticket) the answers are standard corporation statements - they are not fixing any issue - just will waste your time, week after week for months - for instance, in my case started in august 2015 and finished in april 2016
- if you are continuing to complain, trying to obtain your money back or a new item - your mistake, they will switch off in your account the capacity of opening tickets (disputes), they will wipe out your account of any points, credits or previous tickets

-

how can i change a smartwatch z6 smartface?
I'm trying a long time and I can't, and if anyone has and can send me a message from smartwatch z6 I really appreciate it. Thank you.

Gh0stBang

Oct 15, 2020
Hey Could U Create A Firmware For Fastrack Reflex 2.0 Brooooo
Please Im Using The Watch For 2 Years And Getting Bored Of The Display Could U Create A New Like They Did For Redmi Band 3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As long as already we know how to replace a watch face I thought it is the right moment to have a spot where we can share our creations, photo processed compilations or what we think it worth to become a watch face

For the very beginning a brief tutorial about the watch face replacing itself
    1. do a copy of the firmware you want to change (for instance rename the new containing folder <DZ09 mod1>)
    2. create a folder (lets call it <new watch faces>) and put inside all watch face gifs you have
    3. obviously, start the program (attached hereunder)
    4. press open (left down buton) browse to <DZ09 mod1> , as extension select all files and select ROM (or FILE_01_mtk) - <open>
    5. press upper right side <workdir> and go to your <new watch faces> folder and press ok
    6. press <Pictures> upper left and in the main list from left pick which picture you want to change and click on it
    7. in the right side choose the picture you want to insert and click on it
    8. press upper right side button <import> if shows successful go to step 9 if not the picture you chose is to big
    9. press save - it opens browser in the <DZ09 mod1>, check ROM (or FILE_01_mtk) and accept to overwrite the file
    10. flash <DZ09 mod1> on your phone and enjoy!

Now about requirements for a picture in order to become a watch face:
    1. Static GIF format
    2. Resolution of 240 x 240 at 218dpi (our watches have 28mmx28mm so do the math)
    3. Our watches have different available space for applying a new face so please share a picture at different sizes though the quality differs

Use your money wisely, DO NOT WASTE IT buying from GEARBEST!
    - worst shipping ever (10 days in case you're lucky)
    - most products are defective (this is referring just to smartwatches and watch phones - can't say anything about other products)
    - in case of complain (ticket) the answers are standard corporation statements - they are not fixing any issue - just will waste your time, week after week for months - for instance, in my case started in august 2015 and finished in april 2016
    - if you are continuing to complain, trying to obtain your money back or a new item - your mistake, they will switch off in your account the capacity of opening tickets (disputes), they will wipe out your account of any points, credits or previous tickets

-
    some more from me :)
    with best reguards from Berlin TTTT
    This one I've "cooked" yesterday after some browsing through a bunch of analog watches stores
    Description:XDA label,black analog style, 240x240 at 218dpi versions of different sizes and render quality
    I just remembered that I've got a clock app on my laptop and PC that has a bunch of different clock faces!!! I've put them together in a folder - happy to share them with anyone who'd like to try and manipulate them in PS or Paint to get some funky watch face action going on their SmartWatch :good:

Blandroid's Watch Collection

Enjoy :cool:
    So, this is the first watch face I've created for my phone, small, smooth and crisp!
    Description: XDA style, 240x240 218dpi, 5.41kB
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone