Can You Show Me How You Did It ?so 4 days later, extensive research and a shyt load of reading later, trial and error i finally cracked it!
Golem you a legend and i wouldn't have gotten this far if it wasn't for you!.
so im running a V8 smartwatch 32mb + 32mb bla bla bla
flashed over 100 times in the past week trying tyo find the right firmware after i flashed it by accident without saving the original (sleep deprevation)
any way i've just cracked it and managed to find a method to locate the clock image files inside the rom files and finally changed it on a 32mb 6261d board..
will follow up with a simpler method once i simplify the procedure and do a few more tests
How can I modify the Region address/Begin address of a mtk_ROM for matching each other? (attached screenshot)
same mtk2502 wear-watch ROM (one for GW01, one for SMA-R)
If I flash the one with Begin address 0x1003... touch not working and screen shifted-up, so I want to modify it to start at 0x1002...like original ROM
How can I modify it in HexEditor ?
As long as already we know how to replace a watch face I thought it is the right moment to have a spot where we can share our creations, photo processed compilations or what we think it worth to become a watch face
For the very beginning a brief tutorial about the watch face replacing itself
1. do a copy of the firmware you want to change (for instance rename the new containing folder <DZ09 mod1>)
2. create a folder (lets call it <new watch faces>) and put inside all watch face gifs you have
3. obviously, start the program (attached hereunder)
4. press open (left down buton) browse to <DZ09 mod1> , as extension select all files and select ROM (or FILE_01_mtk) - <open>
5. press upper right side <workdir> and go to your <new watch faces> folder and press ok
6. press <Pictures> upper left and in the main list from left pick which picture you want to change and click on it
7. in the right side choose the picture you want to insert and click on it
8. press upper right side button <import> if shows successful go to step 9 if not the picture you chose is to big
9. press save - it opens browser in the <DZ09 mod1>, check ROM (or FILE_01_mtk) and accept to overwrite the file
10. flash <DZ09 mod1> on your phone and enjoy!
Now about requirements for a picture in order to become a watch face:
1. Static GIF format
2. Resolution of 240 x 240 at 218dpi (our watches have 28mmx28mm so do the math)
3. Our watches have different available space for applying a new face so please share a picture at different sizes though the quality differs
Use your money wisely, DO NOT WASTE IT buying from GEARBEST!
- worst shipping ever (10 days in case you're lucky)
- most products are defective (this is referring just to smartwatches and watch phones - can't say anything about other products)
- in case of complain (ticket) the answers are standard corporation statements - they are not fixing any issue - just will waste your time, week after week for months - for instance, in my case started in august 2015 and finished in april 2016
- if you are continuing to complain, trying to obtain your money back or a new item - your mistake, they will switch off in your account the capacity of opening tickets (disputes), they will wipe out your account of any points, credits or previous tickets