Water Damage

Search This thread

LegibleEel

Jan 16, 2011
Manchester
Hey guys,

So about 2 weeks after giving my mum my hand-me-down OnePlus One, she decides to let a sugary drink spill all over it. Apparently, she didn't even realise for a good 10-20 minutes either.
Obviously, we put it in rice and left it for around 4 days. even put it in the sun to quicken the process.

The phone works but the display has some weird effects going on towards the bottom of the screen. (See Images)

Is there any way I can get rid of this or should I send it off for repair? also how much would that cost?

shubhaemk

Nov 9, 2015
Pune
It depends what's broken... If the glass is broke ... It won't cost much. But your case I fear touch panel is broken, maybe 5-8k INR( I hope you're Indian because you have rice at home :p ) would be the cost.

Here is an official list of prices from OnePlus

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161106-185518.jpg
    Screenshot_20161106-185518.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 57

LegibleEel

Jan 16, 2011
Manchester
It depends what's broken... If the glass is broke ... It won't cost much. But your case I fear touch panel is broken, maybe 5-8k INR( I hope you're Indian because you have rice at home :p ) would be the cost.

Here is an official list of prices from OnePlus
The glass isn't broken, though it does have deep scratches in the glass. The touch panel works fine, it boots nothing is wrong with the device only those weird blotches on the display.
I just sent a repair request to oneplus, lets see the cost ay.
I'm English and like rice :p

sejpal.chirag

Jun 24, 2012
Its screen is not broken , its jst water particals which obstacles reflaction from LED , if it is ok for you then it will not hurt your device and does not need any replacement, i have mi redmi 2 with same spots using since 1 year no problem.