Accessories Waterproof case?

Search This thread

chaimav

Aug 27, 2013
Does anyone know of a dedicated waterproof case for the Pixel 6? I have found a few for the Pro, but none for the plain version.

Before you tell me it's waterproof, I want the case for snorkeling in saltwater. That is not an environment I would want to expose my phone to.

chaimav

Aug 27, 2013
Something like the LifeProof Frē is rated for "WATERPROOF FROM 2 METERS FOR 1 HOUR". Why should that be insufficient?

Also, the phone itself is waterproof so if the case does leak, it can be rinsed off afterwards.

Finally, I am paying for Google's preferred care so the most I would be out would be $99. Diving cases are $300+.

Last edited:
Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Something like the LifeProof Frē is rated for "WATERPROOF FROM 2 METERS FOR 1 HOUR". Why should that be insufficient?

Also, the phone itself is waterproof so if the case does leak, it can be rinsed off afterwards.

Finally, I am paying for Google's preferred care so the most I would be out would be $99. Diving cases are $300+.

If you value the phone keep it away from salt water. "Waterproof" phones rarely are. Any immersion in salt water can kill it. The port is unprotected.
All I expect is better dust sealing and maybe some water resistance from an ip68 rated phone.
That case you linked isn't going to cut it more than likely... sorry.

I ziplock bag might do ok with little air* in it... test it. A dive case is really what you need...

*having open space allows a place from water to go before contacting the camera. Maybe something like this:

chaimav

Aug 27, 2013
If you value the phone keep it away from salt water. "Waterproof" phones rarely are. Any immersion in salt water can kill it. The port is unprotected.
All I expect is better dust sealing and maybe some water resistance from an ip68 rated phone.
That case you linked isn't going to cut it more than likely... sorry.

I ziplock bag might do ok with little air* in it... test it. A dive case is really what you need...

*having open space allows a place from water to go before contacting the camera. Maybe something like this:
I have been in looking at the one you linked to. The exact same product shows up under several different brand names. There is also a newer version of it that uses Bluetooth (instead of a lever to the volume rocker) but it seems like the app is not in the Play store. (i.e.kinda sketchy because you need to install it directly from the company)

chaimav

Aug 27, 2013
Assuming I want to take the risk, I go back to my original question: does anyone know of a dedicated waterproof case for the P6 similar to the LifeProof Frē?

chaimav

Aug 27, 2013
I will be able to borrow a dedicated underwater camera for the snorkeling, and ordered a Stash7 Waterpocket universal bag style case for the beach and topside.

It just arrived today, but my initial impressions are that it's a quality product. Its a bit more rubbery than those cheapo PVC ones and it has a felted lining. My Pixel 6 with Spigen Rugged Armor case fits snuggly inside. The neck lanyard is kinda like a bungy cord, and seems like it may be a bit long, but I'll see how it plays out. I can always tie a know in it to shorten it.

Reactions: blackhawk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need a speciality case designed specifically for diving. Salt water will pretty much instantly destroy the phone if it gets inside... so there's that.
    It's for snorkeling, not diving, so there is no pressure requirement.
    Doesn't matter as water is dense, 2.31 feet of head = 1 PSI, or 1 ATM = 33 feet of sea water or 14.7 psi
    The case must be pressure resistant.
    2 psi may not sound like much pressure be it is; the more area the harder it is to seal.

I will be able to borrow a dedicated underwater camera for the snorkeling, and ordered a Stash7 Waterpocket universal bag style case for the beach and topside.

It just arrived today, but my initial impressions are that it's a quality product. Its a bit more rubbery than those cheapo PVC ones and it has a felted lining. My Pixel 6 with Spigen Rugged Armor case fits snuggly inside. The neck lanyard is kinda like a bungy cord, and seems like it may be a bit long, but I'll see how it plays out. I can always tie a know in it to shorten it.