• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Waze GPS issues

Search This thread

Bradden1

Dec 20, 2011
All of a sudden when I try to use waze it can't find a GPS signal.
All my other GPS apps works fine (Google maps, runkeepe etc).
When I restart the phone and open waze again it finds the location and after a few seconds the signal is lost and after that it won't get any signal again.
It happened all of a sudden!
The GPS is on and on high accuracy,
I tried to reinstall the app,
I clear cached data.
wipe cache
Nothing works.

hurlube

Apr 25, 2016
same here, all other apps working fine

this issue started with update 5.1.11 with me

also waze does work for me after a reboot ... briefly then loses signal after a few seconds

Last edited:

Rattles

Nov 14, 2011
Ok so I tried everything and still no GPS connection to Waze. Started yesterday out of no where (didn't update anything) and now I can't use Waze at all. Google Maps works fine, gps tested fine , only Waze is not working.

Any ideas?

Reactions: Kendoka3

breugiek

Jul 2, 2009
Same issue here. Waze is working fine on the smartphone itsef (but only if I enable advanced Battery optimization). But through Android Auto the GPS is not taking position (only briefly after rebooting phone)....
Google maps though is working just fine!

klecocq

Dec 19, 2007
A lot of people report the same issue on the OnePlus forum also.
I got contact with Waze support. After the starndard mail with the obvious suggestions, they've asked me to reproduce the issue in debug mode and to send them the log files.
I suggest that everyone of us contacts Waze support in order give them access to as much cases as possible. The more notifications of the problem they get, the quicker we will have a solution.

asabervgz

Jan 6, 2009
I got contact with Waze support. After the starndard mail with the obvious suggestions, they've asked me to reproduce the issue in debug mode and to send them the log files.
I suggest that everyone of us contacts Waze support in order give them access to as much cases as possible. The more notifications of the problem they get, the quicker we will have a solution.
In debug mode? How do I get into this mode.?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A6003 mediante Tapatalk

klecocq

Dec 19, 2007
By entering 2##2 in the search box and then restart Waze (same to exit debug mode).
When you contact support, they send you mail with pretty clear instructions on how to send the report logs.
Please make sure to contact them first, otherwise they cannot link the report logs to the correct ticket!

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

From the Waze forum:

It would help staff if people with One Plus devices could submit their debug logs for analysis.

Follow all the steps here to enable debug mode on your App and submit them:
https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6270063?hl=en

Reactions: Kendoka3

breugiek

Jul 2, 2009
When I restart the phone and open waze again it finds the location and after a few seconds the signal is lost and after that it won't get any signal again.
I clear cached data.
wipe cache
Nothing works.

If you disable the "Advanced battery optimization" it simply won't work anymore.
I enabled the advanced optimization again and set waze AND android auto (which I use) to: "don't optimize", after that, waze is able to position agian after a second or 10.
Though, when using it trough android auto, the GPS signal is lost, to only return for a few seconds if you reboot the phone.
Google Maps though is working just fine without any issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I clear cached data.
    wipe cache
    Nothing works.
    Heard a report this is resolved, and all you'll need to do is reboot to fix. Can anyone confirm?
    FIX :
    Ohww yeah this seems to fix the problem. Go into settings - battery - battery optimisation - 3 dot menu upper right - advanced optimisation - choose advanced optimisation.

I used Waze this morning for half an hour to work and it seems to work. I do notice it takes some time to get GPS fix again after switching to other app and last 50m to destination it shows trip finished but at least it works (so long so good)

Maybe some caution because it seems advanced battery optimisation can lead to apps not giving any notifications until opened, so maybe it's an option to switch it off after using Waze? Haven't tried yet.

Which makes me believe it's a OnePlus problem after all. Older Waze versions that used to work and still work fine on other phones don't work on OnePlus and my guess is OnePlus has some weird battery optimisation code going on to improve the neverending forum filled "bad battery life" problems (which imo are mostly unjustified)
    Did a quick test, seems to be working now.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk