Waze GPS issues

Search This thread

TaranQ

Aug 15, 2011
It seems like the problems have disappeared overnight. I switched advanced battery optimisation off and Waze acts fine as it did before.
Very curious though how they fixed it, without any physical update (did they push something in the background?)
Anyway thanks to the coder who gave up his sleep last night to fix this ;)

TaranQ

Aug 15, 2011
Sorry, but enabling advanced optimization is unacceptable. You will limit the background activity of other apps as well.
Waze and 1+ need to come up with a solution that does not require such an impact on other apps. But this is just my opinion
I realised that this fix could break naotifications but fact is that I haven't come across any yesterday, all notifications came in as usual

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

that worked for me, but the programmer in me is super confused why. nothing about this makes sense

Here too, very strange situation and curious about what caused this and how they fixed it, guess we'll never know

Teren49

Sep 10, 2007
I realised that this fix could break naotifications but fact is that I haven't come across any yesterday, all notifications came in as usual

I've always had the advanced mode enabled and most notifications are incoming as usual with no delay (WhatsApp, Telegram, Gmail, Google, Calendar, Amazon, bank apps, etc.). BTW, there are certain apps like Just-Eat, Wallapop, Pictionary, etc. that have their notifications delayed or not always working, but for me that's not a problem as they're not important at all.

TaranQ

Aug 15, 2011
Update isn't the problem. I have the problem without update. I have 5.1.9 version.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A6003 mediante Tapatalk

I've always had the advanced mode enabled and most notifications are incoming as usual with no delay (WhatsApp, Telegram, Gmail, Google, Calendar, Amazon, bank apps, etc.). BTW, there are certain apps like Just-Eat, Wallapop, Pictionary, etc. that have their notifications delayed or not always working, but for me that's not a problem as they're not important at all.

Interesting, did you have significant better battery life?

Teren49

Sep 10, 2007
Interesting, did you have significant better battery life?

Yesterday for example it was 4h30m SOT with 3h30m playing PUBG (all graphic settings at max) + 30m of Waze + 30m between WhatsApp, Gmail and so. Usually I get like 7/8h if I don't play, depends on the GPS, 4G, etc. use too.

I'm on 5.1.11 + xXx 2.8 + FrancoKernel r5.

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I was still having issues until today (on 5.1.11, all stock). I rebooted and everything works great now! Waze app and within Android auto. If you're still having issues, try rebooting!

Teren49

Sep 10, 2007
I was still having issues until today (on 5.1.11, all stock). I rebooted and everything works great now! Waze app and within Android auto. If you're still having issues, try rebooting!

Rebooting or updating Waze fixes the problem - but for me, the problem still and has always persisted after the second time I open it again after closing or sending the app to the background.

Smithmoog

Sep 21, 2018
Work around for Oneplus 6 Waze issue

I've found that if you start waze on your device before connecting the USB, enter your location and then connect to car, it starts to work fine. May help until the bug fix is pushed.

lucas198

Nov 29, 2014
I've found that if you start waze on your device before connecting the USB, enter your location and then connect to car, it starts to work fine. May help until the bug fix is pushed.

Does anyone know if the problem has been fixed? my wife still has the same problem. Waze works just fine but when connected to anrdoid auto it doesn't fix the gps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All of a sudden when I try to use waze it can't find a GPS signal.
    All my other GPS apps works fine (Google maps, runkeepe etc).
    When I restart the phone and open waze again it finds the location and after a few seconds the signal is lost and after that it won't get any signal again.
    It happened all of a sudden!
    The GPS is on and on high accuracy,
    I tried to reinstall the app,
    I clear cached data.
    wipe cache
    Nothing works.
    A lot of people report the same issue on the OnePlus forum also.
    I got contact with Waze support. After the starndard mail with the obvious suggestions, they've asked me to reproduce the issue in debug mode and to send them the log files.
    I suggest that everyone of us contacts Waze support in order give them access to as much cases as possible. The more notifications of the problem they get, the quicker we will have a solution.
    Heard a report this is resolved, and all you'll need to do is reboot to fix. Can anyone confirm?
    FIX :
    Ohww yeah this seems to fix the problem. Go into settings - battery - battery optimisation - 3 dot menu upper right - advanced optimisation - choose advanced optimisation.

I used Waze this morning for half an hour to work and it seems to work. I do notice it takes some time to get GPS fix again after switching to other app and last 50m to destination it shows trip finished but at least it works (so long so good)

Maybe some caution because it seems advanced battery optimisation can lead to apps not giving any notifications until opened, so maybe it's an option to switch it off after using Waze? Haven't tried yet.

Which makes me believe it's a OnePlus problem after all. Older Waze versions that used to work and still work fine on other phones don't work on OnePlus and my guess is OnePlus has some weird battery optimisation code going on to improve the neverending forum filled "bad battery life" problems (which imo are mostly unjustified)
    Did a quick test, seems to be working now.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk