• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

we couldn't copy your accounts android wear

Search This thread

yassero

Sep 2, 2007
Wear OS app is connected to Huawei Watch 2 and notifications are being sent. When I open Playstore on the watch, it requests to add account from the phone. I then endlessly get "we couldn't copy your accounts android wear, make sure your phone has a network connection and is connected to your watch". Ofcourse my phone has wifi connection and I tried with data connection as well. Is there anyway I can push adb the google account to the watch?

Appreciate a solution.

dansou901

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
Wear OS app is connected to Huawei Watch 2 and notifications are being sent. When I open Playstore on the watch, it requests to add account from the phone. I then endlessly get "we couldn't copy your accounts android wear, make sure your phone has a network connection and is connected to your watch". Ofcourse my phone has wifi connection and I tried with data connection as well. Is there anyway I can push adb the google account to the watch?

Appreciate a solution.
Do you have GPS activated on the phone? I found that this is required for the account copy procedure.

dansou901

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
[u location services on all the time and permission granted to the Wear OS app[/QUOTE]
Normally the Wear OS app should copy your Google account from the phone to the watch as soon as your pair it with your phone. Try to reset the watch and start over.

stevenchow164

Jan 17, 2021
How to install a new google account on Android Wear (when you can not copy google acount to your android wear) :
Preparation:
- Delete all google accounts on the phone, delete all data in Google, google play services, Wear OS
- Uninstall Wear OS, delete watch name in "bluetooth connections of you phone"

1. Reset factory your watch
2.On the phone, log in with a new gmail account (NO 2-CLASS AUTHENTICATION), not login to another phone
3. Re-Download Wear OS on your phone
4. Connect to the watch, it will be easy to copy the google account into the watch => Watch will have an account to manage and download the app to the watch
5. Sign in the other gmail accounts in your phone, use your phone normally

ps: it's worked with my phone (Note 10+ 5G N976N) and huawei Watch, after many times i reset factory and try lot of ways on internet

Last edited:

p33l05

Oct 26, 2015
How to install a new google account on Android Wear (when you can not copy google acount to your android wear) :
Preparation:
- Delete all google accounts on the phone, delete all data in Google, google play services, Wear OS
- Uninstall Wear OS, delete watch name in "bluetooth connections of you phone"

1. Reset factory your watch
2.On the phone, log in with a new gmail account (NO 2-CLASS AUTHENTICATION), not login to another phone
3. Re-Download Wear OS on your phone
4. Connect to the watch, it will be easy to copy the google account into the watch => Watch will have an account to manage and download the app to the watch
5. Sign in the other gmail accounts in your phone, use your phone normally

ps: it's worked with my phone (Note 10+ 5G N976N) and huawei Watch, after many times i reset factory and try lot of ways on internet

this is the only thing that worked for me, many thanks...

I managed to add 2 of my google accounts but the 3rd failed.. can live with that.