• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

We need Cyanogenmod or Devs to make a unofficial port

Search This thread

wackyleaks

Jun 14, 2013
Honor 7 is a very good phone never been so surprised over a phone in this price range has so good quality and functionality have to add it has the best fingerprint sensor out there and looks great. Enough about that.

Huawei have released the kernel that stopped devs to start developing not so long ago. So there is nothing in the way anymore. Or is it anything more?

Was looking around and came over someone who was willing to pay for a dev to do this Job for him on Guru.com hes Guru Username is CU T and from Malaysia he got ok rep on the site. He offered $3500for the job.
Here is hes listing on Guru.com
www.guru.com/jobs/cyanogenmod-rom-for-huawei-honor-7/1185430#proposalModal

Clicking the Quotes then this picture bellow shows.
f24swx.png

Only one that had a offer. I do not know how much time this takes but would it take a year and $24000 to make a unofficial port to Honor 7?

Get involved everyone and post on cyanogenmod official forum link is provided at the end and ask for a Unofficial port! HONOR 7 is better than so many smartphones on the marked they have supported.

[Request] Cyanogenmod For Huawei Honor 7

Will also add they seems to have stopped supporting newer Huawei they have official CM for Huawei Ascend Mate 2.

LOOK! Forum have a section for Huawei. (Made my dog pee inside he was so excited)
1j9csp.jpg

sminki

Feb 18, 2012
hard shoulders of reality
:laugh: hilarious

off you go then...

"i demand you make something just because i want you to! never mind it's gonna be a real ball-ache, and there will be about 50 total downloads, and you'll have to spend months bug-fixing and doing updates, and listening to people moan that it doesn't have this or that, who cares it's not a snapdragon, or qualcomm chipset, i want code written for that running on my Kirin, and you probably don't even own the handset, but do it for me!"

sarcasm is hard to get across in text... but i tried..

I'll drop this in just for fun.. codeworkx (an awesome CM dev) did and unofficial CM for honor 6...
Huawei is not worth my time

good luck :silly:

Last edited:

btb55

Jan 18, 2013
Agreed sminki.

I certainly don't 'need' anything. I have a great phone and am grateful for the updates and tweaks we already have. The two other phone in our household have CM and I much prefer my H7.

Reactions: vobiscum and sminki

sminki

Feb 18, 2012
i was a bit harsh, and in a bad mood, so to put my point a little more diplomatic... :p

to get CM (or any other) on here will require someone with dev abilities and the handset, because it cannot simply be "ported" over, there is no base to work from as such, it has to be built for the handset. someone with the handset and drive to get it done will, not because people want it, or because of a thanks button.

shouting "i want" in a forum, be it here or CM isn't going to suddenly make a capable person do it. paying someone will only end in disaster, they're not doing it for the 'right' reason, and even if they cook up something and not just "take off with the cash" - long term will offer no support

just to make myself even more unpopular, i prefer OMNI anyway :laugh:

Reactions: btb55

vobiscum

Jun 27, 2014
why this?

CM is aosp rom as other nothing special same things for the last 10 year only news is CAF version.

PA stop developer and same AOKP and all aosp rom are similar

EMUI is a new way have a good battery saver and lot of feature that we missing with aosp.

if want modding the only best devices are Nexus easy step for root/recovery all team support device and all source are available on Google site.

Obviously my thoughts

Last edited:

asiekierka

Jun 14, 2007
I've started playing with CyanogenMod on my Honor 7 (because I made the fatal mistake of buying it instead of something with actual devs working on it), however it's very early on - all I have is working ADB access and a lot of things to learn. Don't get your hopes up too quickly, Mali drivers are apparently painful to get right.

Last edited:

sminki

Feb 18, 2012
:good:
I've started playing with CyanogenMod on my Honor 7 (because I made the fatal mistake of buying it instead of something with actual devs working on it), however it's very early on - all I have is working ADB access and a lot of things to learn. Don't get your hopes up too quickly, Mali drivers are apparently painful to get right.

By saying that, you already have everyone's hope up :p
I wish you all the luck, especially as I'm now out of the game :good:

Reactions: asiekierka

khumanbeldar

Jan 22, 2020
phpworkplace

to pay online and hire freelance php developer for my upcoming project, I have hired php freelancer from here phpworkplace is also good option. , Is there any more freelance websites to hire php developer so i can explore more options?

Thank for help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :laugh: hilarious

off you go then...

"i demand you make something just because i want you to! never mind it's gonna be a real ball-ache, and there will be about 50 total downloads, and you'll have to spend months bug-fixing and doing updates, and listening to people moan that it doesn't have this or that, who cares it's not a snapdragon, or qualcomm chipset, i want code written for that running on my Kirin, and you probably don't even own the handset, but do it for me!"

sarcasm is hard to get across in text... but i tried..

I'll drop this in just for fun.. codeworkx (an awesome CM dev) did and unofficial CM for honor 6...
    Huawei is not worth my time

good luck :silly:
    why this?

CM is aosp rom as other nothing special same things for the last 10 year only news is CAF version.

PA stop developer and same AOKP and all aosp rom are similar

EMUI is a new way have a good battery saver and lot of feature that we missing with aosp.

if want modding the only best devices are Nexus easy step for root/recovery all team support device and all source are available on Google site.

Obviously my thoughts
    Agreed sminki.

I certainly don't 'need' anything. I have a great phone and am grateful for the updates and tweaks we already have. The two other phone in our household have CM and I much prefer my H7.
    i was a bit harsh, and in a bad mood, so to put my point a little more diplomatic... :p

to get CM (or any other) on here will require someone with dev abilities and the handset, because it cannot simply be "ported" over, there is no base to work from as such, it has to be built for the handset. someone with the handset and drive to get it done will, not because people want it, or because of a thanks button.

shouting "i want" in a forum, be it here or CM isn't going to suddenly make a capable person do it. paying someone will only end in disaster, they're not doing it for the 'right' reason, and even if they cook up something and not just "take off with the cash" - long term will offer no support

just to make myself even more unpopular, i prefer OMNI anyway :laugh: