Wear 2.0 official from today

Search This thread

pingvinen

Jul 29, 2007
Island of Angels
If it's such a big issue, why not do like many others like me? Download and install DP5. The instructions are quite clear, and the watch will be sooo much better after one or two hours of fiddling.

Skickat från min EVA-L09 via Tapatalk

csick

Apr 29, 2011
West Warwick
Day 8: Its been 2 aweful weeks. Still no information from Huawei or Google about the OTA update. It could be days, weeks, even months. We are left in the dark with no light to follow. What are the people in charge doing? Are they laughing their asses off while reading forums where people lose their minds and swap messages and gossip about possible dates?

What are they doing? And why isn't anybody reaching out?

End of message.

They never specified a release date for when the HW would get 2.0. It's been all rumors and speculation. The only official word from Google was that AW 2.0 in general would launch in early 2017, which has been absolutely true.
Neither Google nor Huawei has promised you that the update for this watch would be out by now. No one is trying to mislead you. It sucks that it's not out but your options at this point are: 1)Wait for the update or 2)Flash the Developer Preview on your watch

Complaining on here isn't going to make the update come any faster.

Reactions: krs360

Fauert

Mar 5, 2011
They never specified a release date for when the HW would get 2.0. It's been all rumors and speculation. The only official word from Google was that AW 2.0 in general would launch in early 2017, which has been absolutely true.
Neither Google nor Huawei has promised you that the update for this watch would be out by now. No one is trying to mislead you. It sucks that it's not out but your options at this point are: 1)Wait for the update or 2)Flash the Developer Preview on your watch

Hear, hear ... ?

Sent from my Pixel XL using XDA-Developers Legacy app

NeedleGames

Nov 22, 2014
github.com
If it's such a big issue, why not do like many others like me? Download and install DP5. The instructions are quite clear, and the watch will be sooo much better after one or two hours of fiddling.

Skickat från min EVA-L09 via Tapatalk

Do you understand that not everyone wants to void their warranty and not everyone wants to potentially brick their watcher. Or use half baked OS. I'm so angry at your comment because you ignore all the drawbacks and question why doesn't everyone use it.

pingvinen

Jul 29, 2007
Island of Angels
Do you understand that not everyone wants to void their warranty and not everyone wants to potentially brick their watcher. Or use half baked OS. I'm so angry at your comment because you ignore all the drawbacks and question why doesn't everyone use it.

Cool down. It is of course up to everyone if they feel confident to flash the DP5 or not (which btw is not a "half baked os" but very close if not identical to the release version). In any case, it's just a watch. There must be other things in life to be annoyed with. Peace.

rusty.gh

Agreed, and I'm not that concerned, it will come, but you are way wrong. Google had told us last freaking year we would get Wear 2.0 end of third quarter or beginning of fourth. I'm not asking you about that, they did period. Then they decided to make their own couple of watches, and pushed the whole thing out, and the changes made since, didn't show that they simply were not ready.

Look I use google everyday, but it's way past time for all the xda peeps to realize google is no longer doing things or releases to make users happy. The money factor has gotten so big it has taken over.

BTW those two new watches are a joke. Only the one with NFC even has something new and both look like hell.

csick

Apr 29, 2011
West Warwick
Of course. Unless you are in Europe and can prove that tempering with software did not break the device (which is rarely possible to prove)

My watch came from Amazon, so it only had a 1 year warranty which just expired.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Agreed, and I'm not that concerned, it will come, but you are way wrong. Google had told us last freaking year we would get Wear 2.0 end of third quarter or beginning of fourth. I'm not asking you about that, they did period. Then they decided to make their own couple of watches, and pushed the whole thing out, and the changes made since, didn't show that they simply were not ready.

Look I use google everyday, but it's way past time for all the xda peeps to realize google is no longer doing things or releases to make users happy. The money factor has gotten so big it has taken over.

BTW those two new watches are a joke. Only the one with NFC even has something new and both look like hell.

They did. And the version of AW 2 they had at the time was terrible so they delayed it to improve it, which they clearly announced.

Do you remember the first Developer Preview that everyone complained about? It didn't have a play store. It didn't have swipe to go back.

Last edited:

Joyrm

Feb 16, 2017

why so serious -_-
go have some fun in your life wauw ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    * * * Thread Cleaned * * *
    A few things:
    1) there are 7 million + users on Xda, when a post is reported, it is always viewed and addressed. It might take a little time, but it will be addressed.
    2) when a troll, or a user causes trouble in the thread, simply report them. If a post has already been reported, please be patient.
    3) do not engage or attempt to correct those causing trouble in the thread, please let moderation staff to address the issue.
    4) let's keep the comments on topic, and about development

Thank you for your cooperation.
    Hi Guys,

Is there any estimate for OTA release?

Thanks

Siminhu

Earlier in the thread Huawei showed up and said they were going to delay it 3 days every time someone asks.
    Can we stay on topic please!

Hey guys I signed up just to post a simple request to quit with the nonsense posts that have nothing to do with the topic.

For instance:

- Calling people babies for being impatient for the update.
    - Support post for other who call others babies
    - Reminding people how inconsequential the need for an update is.

Also:
    - Complaining about how long it's taking and lack of information.
    - Support posts for above.
    - Threatening to leave your watch in a drawer in some protest to the lack of information.

Some of us lurk around to actually get updates or hear rumours or links to articlea about what's going on. This constant babbling back and forth has cause 61 pages of tripe that is otherwise unusable.

Thanks for your consideration!
    I hope my nonsense post helps to get back on topic.
    * * * Thread Cleaned * * *

Let's keep the comments On Topic and keep the videos on social media sites where they belong.

Your cooperation is appreciated.