Question [Resolved] Weather App for P7

Search This thread

Skuddle

Apr 16, 2023
Do P7P's have a Weather app that's preinstalled? I'm trying to get one to appear on my Home screen

simplepinoi177

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Do P7P's have a Weather app that's preinstalled? I'm trying to get one to appear on my Home screen

You can put the Google Weather widget on your home screen which, when tapping, will take you to the web app, but it doesn't come with a separate weather app, per se. Plenty of weather apps in the Store though.
yes you can set up the "At A Glance" Home settings to display some weather information. Since you can't get rid of the Day and Date, you might as well add some stuff to the "At A Glance" part....

simplepinoi177

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I know, but I think that person was looking for something other than the weather in At A Glance.
Sorry for the confusion...
I figured you knew...I only really quoted your post for continuity on what I meant to speak on/about -- the response was more for Skuddle...

Because I was speaking on adding it to At A Glance (which I wouldn't call a "separate app"), and the fact that we can't get rid of the Day & Date and with that weather part being baked in, I figured quoting your response was more on adding supplemental info/point of view (if anything, to bolster your take/advice) than it was to inform you on things you were already aware of....

Most weather apps have good enough working widgets that can be added to the home screen of varying shapes and sizes, depending on what you're looking for (@Skuddle), but I personally use Accuweather because it has (or at least attempts) to have minute-to-minute predictions rather than just by hour...
The widget can be set up to give you 3 day prediction or what is currently expected in the next hour, and it can be set up to follow your location.
But Accuweather hasn't really been "accurate" lately; then again, California has been having some crazy unpredictable rain this past winter.....

Reactions: Lughnasadh

Skuddle

Apr 16, 2023
All I really want is for the temperature in Fahrenheit to appear in the middle of the Home screen.
But I'll take a look at "Accuweather" (now if that's not a contradiction in terminology I don't know what is) and see what it has to offer.

Thank you for your replies!

Reactions: simplepinoi177
All I really want is for the temperature in Fahrenheit to appear in the middle of the Home screen.
But I'll take a look at "Accuweather" (now if that's not a contradiction in terminology I don't know what is) and see what it has to offer.

This website compares a large amount of weather providers by comparing ths actual weather to their predictions.

Last edited:

simplepinoi177

Forum Moderator
Staff member

If that's all you want, you really should just configure your "At A Glance" to display the weather...it basically does that -- not quite "the middle", but close enough and it is always going to be displayed....

wangdaning

Sep 17, 2012
Wuxi
I use weawow. They have a widget that just displays temp and you can set it in the middle. It also has more actuate location. My problem with at a glance weather is it only gives a generic result for my city instead of an accurate reading for where I am. It can be raining where I am and at a glace tells me it is sunny, because across town it is sunny.

Reactions: simplepinoi177

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Last edited:
I am using the Meteum. The most accurate weather app I've ever used.

The reviews on this aren't great.

What are your thoughts on this?

I am using web version via Yandex browser, which shows more detail forecasts and have professional gui design. This stand alone app is poor with details, there is no AQI, no wind / humidity / pressure / visibility reading clearly seen because graphical design is terrible, especially after recent graphical changes. Why would anyone install stand alone app then? Web version is way better.

LazCoder

The reviews on this aren't great.

What are your thoughts on this?

I am using web version via Yandex browser, which shows more detail forecasts and have professional gui design. This stand alone app is poor with details, there is no AQI, no wind / humidity / pressure / visibility reading clearly seen because graphical design is terrible, especially after recent graphical changes. Why would anyone install stand alone app then? Web version is way better.
I disagree, the app has all the features it says.

Reactions: HipKat

Skuddle

Apr 16, 2023
Actually what I'm looking for is a Home page display like the one that appears in this forum's opening page

20230607 Home Page example.jpg
but on a black background (i.e. without any fancy pictures).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Weawow 1st and Weatherbug 2nd.
    Might be of interest to you...
    Might be of interest for you...
    This really good news if this will happen (y)
    I know, but I think that person was looking for something other than the weather in At A Glance.
    I figured you knew...I only really quoted your post for continuity on what I meant to speak on/about -- the response was more for Skuddle...

Because I was speaking on adding it to At A Glance (which I wouldn't call a "separate app"), and the fact that we can't get rid of the Day & Date and with that weather part being baked in, I figured quoting your response was more on adding supplemental info/point of view (if anything, to bolster your take/advice) than it was to inform you on things you were already aware of....

Most weather apps have good enough working widgets that can be added to the home screen of varying shapes and sizes, depending on what you're looking for (@Skuddle), but I personally use Accuweather because it has (or at least attempts) to have minute-to-minute predictions rather than just by hour...
    The widget can be set up to give you 3 day prediction or what is currently expected in the next hour, and it can be set up to follow your location.
    But Accuweather hasn't really been "accurate" lately; then again, California has been having some crazy unpredictable rain this past winter.....
    Ah, okay. Got it 👍