• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Web Browser

Which web browser do you use as default?

• Chrome

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Firefox

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Safari

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Opera

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

fiktion

Apr 22, 2008
Deer Park, TX
Just out of curiosity, what web browser do you guys use on your computers?

On both my Linux and Windows machines, I use Google Chrome as my default, and Firefox rarely when Chrome cannot load something.

Jeeves

Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne
Opera by far. And very much looking forward to the 10.5 alpha tomorrow, windows 7 integration and finally box-shadow, border-radius, and multiple backgrounds. And full support, which is more than any other browser can claim with their hacky vendor-prefix preview support.

orb_selektor

Forum Moderator - Welcomer
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Opera by far. And very much looking forward to the 10.5 alpha tomorrow, windows 7 integration and finally box-shadow, border-radius, and multiple backgrounds. And full support, which is more than any other browser can claim with their hacky vendor-prefix preview support.

Yeah me too!!!
:)

supersanj

Jun 4, 2005
London
Firefox. Alone its as good as the next door browser. what makes it better then the rest is the sheer number of add-ons!!

Ghettobob

Jan 10, 2008
Chrome. I might switch to Opera. Use to use it a couple of years ago an loved it. Got a new computer, and never installed it.

fiktion

Apr 22, 2008
Deer Park, TX
So far, I'm not really surprised by the results. I did use Firefox as my default for many, many years. My good, non-obsolete laptop's motherboard fried not too long ago, and I'm stuck with some not-so-hot machines, and Chrome seems to run faster and smoother on both of them. IE is a bloodsucker. Try opening that on a lower end machine, and you will be waiting all day.

DaveTheTytnIIGuy

Aug 28, 2008
Sacramento, California
I used IE for many years before moving to Firefox, and I haven't regretted it at all. Opera's cool, but it doesn't have nearly the amount of extensions like Firefox. But when I'm tethering and need to conserve bandwidth, Opera (with turbo compression enabled) and Elinks (which is text based) are my two choices.

orb_selektor

Forum Moderator - Welcomer
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
The once and future king: Test build of Opera crushes Chrome on Windows 7

Opera 10.50 pre-alpha, the fastest browser!
I wonder how faster will be when they launch the definitive version:cool:

5ymmtt.jpg

From Betanews the results arrive from an intensive test with the last navigators, and anybody the results would have to surprise him after the pump that Norwegian boys dropped to us yesterday. Having as it bases of the index to IE7 (1.0) like the slowest navigator, we have to Opera 10.50 like outstanding winner (24.52), followed of Chrome (22.32), Safari/Webkit (20.83), Firefox (13.29) and finally IE8 (1.55). As you see Operates has advanced by the right to all the navigators, Chrome and Safari follow to him close by, Firefox remains in the middle of way and IE8 advances but it continues playing in another league. And all this considering that the motor is incomplete and that certain elements have not been purified (like the tables).

In order to realise these tests has chosen ten batteries of tests of different authors, to measure the compatibility and rapidity of the navigator in CSS, Javascript, tables, canvas, elements 3D, etc. Some tests as the V8 de Chrome or the Dromadeo de Mozilla has not considered because they are not proportional. In addition, these navigators have executed themselves on Windows 7, system for which supposedly all of them are optimized. What seems to you, agree these results with your perception?
(translated from Spanish using bablefish)

More info:
http://www.betanews.com/article/The...-Opera-crushes-Chrome-on-Windows-7/1261519843

Last edited:

bunu

Nov 25, 2009
Google chrome all the way

I chose Google Chrome because it is the best for me.:D

Internet Explorer-Takes too long to start up and takes even longer to go to a webpage. It crashes a lot and I just hate it.:mad:

Firefox-Good but takes too long to start up and little too long to get to a web site. I like the add-ons you can put on.:)

Opera- Never Tried It.:eek:

Google Chrome is fast to start up and fast to get to a webpage. It is starting to get some add-ons like Firefox and since Google is developing it you know that it is going to be good. I only use Firefox if Google Chrome cannot load something for some strange reason.:confused: