WebOS on LG Smart TVs: Possible to switch region and download out-of-market apps?

Search This thread

lynzoid

Jul 16, 2011
For alexa use uk region code. Works great. E9pla
Survives reboot too.

Last edited:

NipunTS

May 21, 2020
Hi guys, I’ve run into a bit of an issue when trying to change to region from E-UK to US. I used to EZ-Adjust menu to open the “Area Code” submenu. However, I can’t seem to change the area code. Whatever I type is not being registered on the TV, and pressing OK on the remote does nothing. The only way to go back is to press the “Back” or “Exit” buttons which exits the EZ-Adjust menu.

I’m experiencing the same issue with “Country Group” submenu in EZ-adjust menu. Currently it’s set as follows:

Country Group - 04
Country - UK

Does anyone have a workaround for this issue? Why is the country setting locked, even in the service menus (both InStart and EZ-adjust)?

My device is LG 42LB582T-TB (running LG Netcast OS 04.04.22).

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks guys!

Reactions: Nimazh

Candicey

Jul 7, 2020
hi what is the uk code and please could you confirm process in changing we have LG smart tv Africa region locked and need to change to uk
(Stupid enough time have immigrated with our tv and now can’t use it here)

furqansaeed18

Apr 1, 2013
@Rooksx changed area code followed ur instructions after aceepting agreement etc when i select location to usa tv restart and location back to the "other" any solution plz?

mzameel

Jul 26, 2020
WEBOS change region

I happened to have switched my TV from UAE to UK then to USA. This seems to have made my location-> lg Services Country stuck on loading and thus nothing else seems to work on the TV is there a way to fix this. Does anyone have a firmware file they can share to reset this tv because even resetting tv to initial settings does not work. The IR blaster is unresponsive and thus cant set this manually. Any advice

Hi I came to see your message . did you finally fix it ?
I am also trying to change the region of LG tv , now its running on webos 4.8

Last edited:

anilw

May 19, 2013
guys.. can somebody post the app link... i dont find any APP for anyRemote for IOS and Android

electrober6

Oct 19, 2020
The above, with modifications, sort of works. It may not be a permanent solution. Here's what I did with my UK LG TV running Web OS 4.

1) The EZAdjust passcode is 0413, not 0143.
2) Take a note of your home region code. To change to the US, I changed the area code to 1843. You should see the region change to "US".
3) This is important - after changing the area code, open the LG app content store and accept the policy agreements.
4) Then change the Location from the LG Settings to the US. Deselect Automatic selection and manually select the US. This will bring up a dialogue box about needing to change the policy agreements and restart the TV by choosing "Yes". Go ahead and choose "Yes". Hopefully the location will switch to the US without restarting the TV. The reason this matters is that if the TV restarts, the Location reverts to "Others", which makes the content store a region-neutral store that does not have the US apps. Step 3, where you open the content store before changing the location, appears to prevent the TV from restarting. If the TV restarts anyway, open the content store again, then change the location to the US. Hopefully this won't result in a restart.
5) Now go back to the content store. When the store loads, you should have access to the US apps. You may get a "No content" message. Just hit ok and open the store again.
6) Do NOT change the region back to your home region using EZAdjust. Leave it on the US.

The problem with retaining permanent access to the US apps is that restarting the TV makes the location revert to "Others". Trying to access a US app after this happens will result in a message along the lines of "this app is no longer available from the service provider", and the TV will automatically delete the app. Perhaps ensuring that the Quick Startup option is on will help, as this puts the TV in standby mode when you turn it off. If the TV does restart and the location changes, you'll need to repeat steps 3) - 5). It may not be possible to prevent a restart at some point, unless you never turn the TV off.

Also bear in mind that even if you've installed a US app, you'll still need a DNS/VPN to actually use a streaming video service.

Thank you, you are my hero

ferysery

Apr 23, 2015
tehran
anyMote lg c8 oled rcu type?

hi
there r very limited rcu which listed in anymote app on my mi10 5g mobile to select and test on lg oled tv, which non of them work.
how can i solve this issue? which model i must select?
my consumer rcu model is an-mr18ba LG Magic Remote Control 2018
tnx for any suggestion

Download AnyRemote app on your smart phone - Make sure your phone has IR Blaster function on it.
Select your LG TV remote and jump to EzAdjust - Service Menu will appear on your TV after you enter the Password: 0143
Then change the Area Code to 1793 for USA
Exit EzAdjust

Change Location to USA on the LG TV Settings Menu and the TV will Reboot
If you open the LG TV Content App, you will see the USA Apps for downloading Hulu & other required apps.

This will also have apps previously downloading running and working in addition to the new downloaded.

If you see that the Voice Accessibility has activated itself upon setting the Location as USA, please repeat the same steps above to re-set the Area Code back to the same old one, once you have finished downloading all the apps from the current (new) setting.

Please let me know if this helped :)

iceman3108

Dec 4, 2020
Has anyone found a solution on how to add the DTV channels from Europe if the store has been changed to US? I just switched the region into US on my brand new LG 65CX3LA from the service menu (code 1793), but the TV set automatically erases my DTV channel list and doesn't allow me to perform a fresh scan - the progress indicator is stuck at 0%. All US apps including Pluto TV, Sling, Vudu, Pandora as well as the BBCi player are working fine with a DNS, but is so frustrating for not being able to see the channels from my cable provider. On older LG sets with WebOS I don't have this problem, as the sets do not erase the channel list after changing the region from Europe to US.

Thanks,
iceman

iceman3108

Dec 4, 2020
Has anyone found a solution on how to add the DTV channels from Europe if the store has been changed to US? I just switched the region into US on my brand new LG 65CX3LA from the service menu (code 1793), but the TV set automatically erases my DTV channel list and doesn't allow me to perform a fresh scan - the progress indicator is stuck at 0%. All US apps including Pluto TV, Sling, Vudu, Pandora as well as the BBCi player are working fine with a DNS, but is so frustrating for not being able to see the channels from my cable provider. On older LG sets with WebOS I don't have this problem, as the sets do not erase the channel list after changing the region from Europe to US.

Anything on this?

joaopaulofsr

Oct 30, 2014
Aracaju

Thanks,
iceman

I live in Brazil and had the same problem. It occurs because the DTV Standard is different betwen Europe, USA, Brazil and Japan, so if you change your region, you also changes your DTV Standard, what means you can't search for channels.
I'm looking for a way to change only the DTV Standard in EZ-Adjust.
If I set my TV to Brazil's area code, I don't have alexa, but if I switch to USA, I have alexa in english and without channels.

csruizr

Feb 4, 2021
I live in Brazil and had the same problem. It occurs because the DTV Standard is different betwen Europe, USA, Brazil and Japan, so if you change your region, you also changes your DTV Standard, what means you can't search for channels.
I'm looking for a way to change only the DTV Standard in EZ-Adjust.
If I set my TV to Brazil's area code, I don't have alexa, but if I switch to USA, I have alexa in english and without channels.
Hello, I live in Colombia with the ez-adjust app, having the same problem, I managed to change region to the USA and be happy for a few moments alexa installed and configured in Spanish, but I could not tune in to DTV or tune channels, stay at 0% and not look very sad and leave tv without alexa and in region. Colombia could someone configure channels?

rocker0

Nov 7, 2019

Thanks,
iceman
Hey mate, which remote you used to be able to switch your region?
thanks

Nimazh

Jun 16, 2021
Hi guys, I’ve run into a bit of an issue when trying to change to region from E-UK to US. I used to EZ-Adjust menu to open the “Area Code” submenu. However, I can’t seem to change the area code. Whatever I type is not being registered on the TV, and pressing OK on the remote does nothing. The only way to go back is to press the “Back” or “Exit” buttons which exits the EZ-Adjust menu.

I’m experiencing the same issue with “Country Group” submenu in EZ-adjust menu. Currently it’s set as follows:

Country Group - 04
Country - UK

Does anyone have a workaround for this issue? Why is the country setting locked, even in the service menus (both InStart and EZ-adjust)?

My device is LG 42LB582T-TB (running LG Netcast OS 04.04.22).

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks guys!
Hi I have the same problem.
Did you find a solution?
I cant change Country group anymore.

Prak1979

Jun 20, 2021
Has anyone managed to change the region with WebOS 6.0? Thinking of getting the LG OLED C1, and would like to know if the procedure to change the region is the same Using EZ-Adjust. Can the Services Country and Broadcast country be separated? Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download AnyRemote app on your smart phone - Make sure your phone has IR Blaster function on it.
    Select your LG TV remote and jump to EzAdjust - Service Menu will appear on your TV after you enter the Password: 0143
    Exit EzAdjust

If you open the LG TV Content App, you will see the USA Apps for downloading Hulu & other required apps.

This will also have apps previously downloading running and working in addition to the new downloaded.

If you see that the Voice Accessibility has activated itself upon setting the Location as USA, please repeat the same steps above to re-set the Area Code back to the same old one, once you have finished downloading all the apps from the current (new) setting.

The above, with modifications, sort of works. It may not be a permanent solution. Here's what I did with my UK LG TV running Web OS 4.

1) The EZAdjust passcode is 0413, not 0143.
    2) Take a note of your home region code. To change to the US, I changed the area code to 1843. You should see the region change to "US".
    3) This is important - after changing the area code, open the LG app content store and accept the policy agreements.
    4) Then change the Location from the LG Settings to the US. Deselect Automatic selection and manually select the US. This will bring up a dialogue box about needing to change the policy agreements and restart the TV by choosing "Yes". Go ahead and choose "Yes". Hopefully the location will switch to the US without restarting the TV. The reason this matters is that if the TV restarts, the Location reverts to "Others", which makes the content store a region-neutral store that does not have the US apps. Step 3, where you open the content store before changing the location, appears to prevent the TV from restarting. If the TV restarts anyway, open the content store again, then change the location to the US. Hopefully this won't result in a restart.
    5) Now go back to the content store. When the store loads, you should have access to the US apps. You may get a "No content" message. Just hit ok and open the store again.
    6) Do NOT change the region back to your home region using EZAdjust. Leave it on the US.

The problem with retaining permanent access to the US apps is that restarting the TV makes the location revert to "Others". Trying to access a US app after this happens will result in a message along the lines of "this app is no longer available from the service provider", and the TV will automatically delete the app. Perhaps ensuring that the Quick Startup option is on will help, as this puts the TV in standby mode when you turn it off. If the TV does restart and the location changes, you'll need to repeat steps 3) - 5). It may not be possible to prevent a restart at some point, unless you never turn the TV off.

Also bear in mind that even if you've installed a US app, you'll still need a DNS/VPN to actually use a streaming video service.
    I'm looking into buying one of the LG OLED TVs but am not familiar with the WebOS app platform LG uses.

Is it possible to manually switch between country settings to install apps not available on a specific market? Can you somehow combine and run apps from different countries at the same time?

For example, is there a way to download Hulu from the US alongside the BBC iPlayer from the UK?
    Yeah I want to know as well.
    Since I can't watch the world up in 4k since I'm in US
    Exit EzAdjust

Just signed up to say thanks for the detail walkthrough @Rooksx! It was spot on for me. I have a Japanese bought Oled C7p. Unfortunately, even in stand by mode, once I turn the tv off and on again, it deletes the US Vudu and Hulu apps which sucks. You have anymore luck?
    Interestingly, all though the tv deletes many of the apps I download from other country stores, it does seem to keep a few on there. Even after turning the tv off and on at the wall, my Japanese lg still keeps BBC IPlayer, us sling tv and Australia’s Stan apps. Wonder why that is? Not complaining though.

Thanks again for the great walkthrough dude. Appreciated.

Glad to hear it's kinda worked. Have you definitely turned on Quick Startup? This seems to be the key for me as for a week now, my TV location has remained the US even after turning the TV off and on. Maybe check if there are any other options that could be more thoroughly shutting your TV's functions down.

No idea why some apps are retained. I was expecting BBC iPlayer to be automatically deleted when I changed location to the US but it still works fine. It does beg the question though of whether the app will update while my location is the US.