Weeb Kernel is based on the latest source from OnePlus with some cleanup here and there and attempts to improve things kernel-wide.
Feel free to ask for any feature requests, but if I think something is useless or doesn't provide any benefit to warrant its addition, I will NOT add it, irrespective of how many people ask for it.
/* * Your warranty is not void (Thank you OnePlus!). * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Kernel * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
- OxygenOS 10
- Custom ROMs.
- All OP7/T/Pro devices, untested on 5G variants.
If you want to report any bugs, please post a logcat and dmesg, thank you!
To get a dmesg:
- Open a terminal app, type:
su dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.log
- Download Matlog.
- 3 dot menu
- "Save zip"
- Check include kernel log
- adb shell su -c dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.log
- Just send the contents of /sys/fs/pstore
[ TO BE UPDATED ]
[ SEE https://github.com/RaphielGang/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8150/releases/tag/2.0-Ember ]
- Cleanly based over latest CAF tag with minimal OnePlus changes
-- RAM Boost MUST be disabled
- Merged latest LTS subversion tag
- BBR as the default TCP network congestion control
- vDSO 32 patches to improve 32-bit performance
- vmalloc patches backported from mainline
- UFS optimizations
- Latest CFQ I/O scheduler
- Removed VLAs treewide
- Removed RTB logging
- Block userspace from messing with cpufreq completely
- cpu_input_boost driver by kerneltoast to handle cpu boosting
- devfreq_boost driver by kerneltoast to handle devfreq boosting
- Use userspace LMKD alongside PSI
- Use full PELT with sched_boost added ( but all its influences removed )
to satisfy userspace
- kcal support
- wireguard support
- clean up and optimize some OnePlus changes
- Upstream KGSL and qseecom to latest CAF
- Import several optimizations from Pixel 4
- Don't boost cpu/task utilization by default with schedtune.boost
-- This behaviour is only when schedtune.boost is set to 2
-- Tasks are still biased to big cluster by default for top-app
- force some kernel threads to big cluster
Telegram Channel: Weeb Announcements
Join me in my Café: // Weeb Karamel Café //
- Simply flash the kernel
Credits and Thanks:
- raphielscape for inspiration and dealing with my extremely stupid questions ( she is my sensei )
- osm0sis for AnyKernel3
- nathanchance, Akhil Narang, MSFJarvis, kdrag0n, celtare21 et al for their help in totally random places :d
- The Linux Foundation, CAF and OnePlus for the code
Sauce: Ketchup and Mayo Mix
Stable Version: 3.1-Flame
Release Date on XDA: 2020-08-01