Weigav Z10S 4g rear view mirror

Search This thread

gsxrpilot

Aug 6, 2011
Ok, so I had been using my old android phone connected to bluetooth to my 2017 Honda civic to stream music. I am finding that like my office, the more LCD displays the better. I like being able to switch Pandora stations on one screen and change a setting on a GPS tracking device on another while I am driving (less button pushes) so I used my main phone for a GPS and my second older phone over my hotspot to stream. Then I saw theses android rear view mirrors and I thought they would be even better (one more screen) So I bought this Weigav android mirror to see how it would function (hopefully like an android phone). Here is what I have found so far:

The Good:
Connects to my hotspot well
Connects to my Honda head unit over bluetooth for music streaming (this was a bonus as no ads for these android head units specifically said they will connect to bluetooth for streaming, they only say for phone calls)
Pandora and Sirius XM works for streaming

The Bad:
Internal Battery does not seem to last overnight so the system has to re-boot every morning and sometimes I lose the default settings for bluetooth and wifi ON
Navigation is slow to respond. Also Waze seems to have display issues.
UI does not have as many options to control things as I would like
Sometimes it will say "insert SD card" when there is always one in. I was thinking it says this when the SD card is full, but I thought it was supposed to just re-write older video files when it is recording from the front and rear cameras. Sometimes an SD reformat helps, sometimes not.

The Ugly:
It has built in lane departure and front vehicle warning that works too well. It is too sensitive, so it says a lot of false positives. Which wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that you can't adjust the sensitivity or the worst part, YOU CANNOT TURN THESE WARNINGS OFF. This means I get a thousand interruptions over my music I am streaming that I can't turn off. If it had a separate volume control for these, I would just turn it all the way down, but there is only one volume control.

So the question I have is does anyone else have experience with this or any similar device? I know a lot of these issues could be solved in software and I looked everywhere for other ROMs but I haven't found any. I think maybe the next step may be to root it and perhaps delete those sound files for the warnings I can't turn off. If anyone has messed around with this stuff, I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!