Weird audio issues during calls, mic not working too

Search This thread

Bennyboy371

Mar 21, 2010
So I have had these strange issues with my v60 just in this last week. It's getting so frustrating that I'm tempted to factory reset.

If I have the quad DAC turned on, the mic on my headphones doesn't work anymore. Phone calls immediately start using the device mic instead.

Also, during a phone call I can't hit play on anything in a browser that has audio. YouTube plays for maybe a tenth of a second after I click on the unmute button and pauses, and I can't hit play. I've tested on other browsers and other sites and the results are the same. This seems to be only in web browsers, other apps seem to function fine.

Has anyone else seen these issues happen? Or perhaps a solution? I couldn't find anything online remotely describing this experience.

Bennyboy371

Mar 21, 2010
Try to re-flash the firmware using “partition mode” in LGUP.
Okay so I'm trying to figure out what all that means, since I haven't played around with this sort of thing for a while. I am downloading the latest firmware from https://lg-firmwares.com/lg-lmv600tm-firmwares/ and I got LGUP from here https://xdaforums.com/t/lgup-1-16-3...er-w-lgmobile-drivers-and-common_dll.4304181/

I assume I can just plug in my phone and hit flash?

Edit: I guess it wasn't the right firmware. I don't have US Cellular. I'm very confused.

Last edited:

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
Which variation of V60 do you have? You could get the firmware for T-Mobile or Verizon if you have one of these. If you happen to have the AT&T version then the firmware is not available. It is because AT&T don't publicly release their firmware.

As for the process of flashing, it is pretty straight forward. Here is the link.

Bennyboy371

Mar 21, 2010
I have the T-Mobile version but it gave a strange error the other day when I tried to use that last US Cellular firmware.

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
You can't use US Cellular firmware on T-Mobile V60. Please get the appropriate firmware for V60 T-Mobile only. They are flagged as TMO on the LG firmwares site that you linked earlier.

Attachments

• TMO.png
    TMO.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 11

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
If I were you, my preference will be for Android 10 not 11. This is because Android 11 (or 12) is not as robust in case of LG V60.

Bennyboy371

Mar 21, 2010
If I were you, my preference will be for Android 10 not 11. This is because Android 11 (or 12) is not as robust in case of LG V60.
So that's what I'm trying to do at the moment, but LGUP is giving me the error "Error: 0x5319, Not allow to change the device.(NA6_US->NA2_US)" It's currently running V600TM30b and I'm trying to flash V600TM10x_00_TMO_US_OP_1103.kdz. Am I out of luck?

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
Could you please post a screenshot of your phone's "about" page? I would like to see the exact firmware info. The page I am looking for will give a summary of firmware version etc.

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
Excellent. Now may I ask you how did you upgrade to Android 12. Did you do it OTA (where the phone automatically downloads the available update and installs it) or was it something you did yourself by downloading the firmware and flashing it using LGUP? Please correct me if I am wrong but you have a T-Mobile V60 phone that is operating on T-Mobile network, right?

Bennyboy371

Mar 21, 2010
Excellent. Now may I ask you how did you upgrade to Android 12. Did you do it OTA (where the phone automatically downloads the available update and installs it) or was it something you did yourself by downloading the firmware and flashing it using LGUP? Please correct me if I am wrong but you have a T-Mobile V60 phone that is operating on T-Mobile network, right?
It was OTA, and I've been bouncing between MVNOs. I'm currently on Tello, which operates on the T-Mobile network.

I bought this one unlocked off of eBay from a US-based seller.

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
Okay. Here is the answer to your firmware problem:

Even though various MVNOs operate on major network operators platform, you can’t use the firmware of that network. So, for example, you choose Tracfone as your mobile company and they use Verizon network to provide you the service. Even though you are functionally using Verizon
backbone, you can’t use Verizon-released firmware. The Verizon firmware is for people who are Verizon customers directly not via MVNO.

The reason is MVNOs are allocated different operating bands by the carrier. So you must get the firmware that is released by your MVNO.

Since your phone is carrier unlocked, there is always the option to move directly to the network without using MVNO. Then you can use the firmware of that network.

There is no other option for you to flash a firmware unless Telio gives you one to download (which is extremely unlikely). I wish there was a better news for you.

Bennyboy371

Mar 21, 2010
Okay. Here is the answer to your firmware problem:

Even though various MVNOs operate on major network operators platform, you can’t use the firmware of that network. So, for example, you choose Tracfone as your mobile company and they use Verizon network to provide you the service. Even though you are functionally using Verizon
backbone, you can’t use Verizon-released firmware. The Verizon firmware is for people who are Verizon customers directly not via MVNO.

The reason is MVNOs are allocated different operating bands by the carrier. So you must get the firmware that is released by your MVNO.

Since your phone is carrier unlocked, there is always the option to move directly to the network without using MVNO. Then you can use the firmware of that network.

There is no other option for you to flash a firmware unless Telio gives you one to download (which is extremely unlikely). I wish there was a better news for you.
Oh jeez. I have hopped across multiple providers too, so I have no idea which MVNO pushed the update. Well, thanks. Maybe I'll factory reset and hope that some of my issues can get curbed that way.