Weird camera colour balance?

Search This thread

nvasic

Nov 24, 2007
Now I'm really dissapointed. :( :mad: :( :mad:

I was planning on purchasing HD2 this week and although the camera isn't a main feature I'm looking on the phone I am not willing to shell 550 EURO for a phone that has a defective camera.

That stuff just cannot happen to somebody as big as HTC. Too bad..

Has anybody any other alternative to suggest, something as powerfull as HD2? It doesn't need to be a HTC device..

Thanks!

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Now I'm really dissapointed. :( :mad: :( :mad:

I was planning on purchasing HD2 this week and although the camera isn't a main feature I'm looking on the phone I am not willing to shell 550 EURO for a phone that has a defective camera.

That stuff just cannot happen to somebody as big as HTC. Too bad..

Has anybody any other alternative to suggest, something as powerfull as HD2? It doesn't need to be a HTC device..

Thanks!
Since the Hot Fix and other tweaks the vast majority of the problem has been rectified.
Sure, it's still there but not as bad now as on certain other large selling phones.

nvasic

Nov 24, 2007
From my knowing they just covered the problem with some smart image correction settings. Same cannot be said for motion capture where the said algorighm would most likely slow down the capture and result in dropped frames at the highest settings and that's probabbly the reason why the defect is still visible on video captures ie the patch doesn't fix video capture.

It is an apparent hardware issue and HTC should act responsibly and offer a free camera replacement program for all devices concerned and not try to patch up things with some correction algorithms. That is really lame and cheap. Shame on you HTC!!!

Many thanks for you guys that brought up this problem because really no-one should pay premium $$$ for a device with a defective camera, it is just not acceptable!

Jayziac

Aug 12, 2009
This issue is not limited to HTC, I have an Acer Liquid (similar hardware as Nexus One) and have the pink center all along Android 1.6, 2.1, and now 2.2. turning down the color saturation or using manual white balance makes it slightly better, but it's still not as clean color as a normal digital camera.

Moki1

Feb 18, 2010
Benkovac

Attachments

• WP_000009.jpg
    WP_000009.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited: