Weird error

Search This thread

DanTheMan62

Aug 27, 2012
i have a samsung galaxy s (gingerbread 2.3.3) and after doing some tweaking there was a problem with the google search widget. when i open it up it says: the application google search process com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox has stopped. i did manage to find a temporary fix for this by reinstalling the stock apk i found from a website. however every time i reboot the device the message appears again and then i have to reinstall it again to make it work. This is very annoying how can i fix this? is it some kind of autostart issue?Any help would be appreciated :)

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
i have a samsung galaxy s (gingerbread 2.3.3) and after doing some tweaking there was a problem with the google search widget. when i open it up it says: the application google search process com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox has stopped. i did manage to find a temporary fix for this by reinstalling the stock apk i found from a website. however every time i reboot the device the message appears again and then i have to reinstall it again to make it work. This is very annoying how can i fix this? is it some kind of autostart issue?Any help would be appreciated :)
Quite likely. When you re-installed it, did you make it a system app?

Reactions: DanTheMan62

DanTheMan62

Aug 27, 2012
yes i believe it it is a system app

it did say that its going to replace a system application but i believe it must be a bug in the autostart. is there anyway i can fix this?thx for your reply i appreciate it.:) you have earned a thx for caring

Last edited:

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
it did say that its going to replace a system application but i believe it must be a bug in the autostart. is there anyway i can fix this?thx for your reply i appreciate it.:) you have earned a thx for caring
Try making it a system app. Right now its probably installed as an update to the system app, but its better if it remains by itself. This can be done in many ways. You could use Titanium Backup, or simply place the app in /system/app/ (and set the permissions).

DanTheMan62

Aug 27, 2012
dont work

Try making it a system app. Right now its probably installed as an update to the system app, but its better if it remains by itself. This can be done in many ways. You could use Titanium Backup, or simply place the app in /system/app/ (and set the permissions).

i tryed to copy and paste it using es file explorer but it said that it failed. Any ways even if i do get past that how do i set the permissions ?

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
i tryed to copy and paste it using es file explorer but it said that it failed. Any ways even if i do get past that how do i set the permissions ?
Titanium Backup - Select the app in the list and choose "integrate update into ROM".

Manual Way - Use Root Explorer, etc. to copy and paste the file in /system/app/. Make sure you mount it as R/W first. Using Root Explorer, long press the file and choose permissions. It should be set to "rw-r--r--".

Reboot after either of these methods.

DanTheMan62

Aug 27, 2012
thx

Titanium Backup - Select the app in the list and choose "integrate update into ROM".

Manual Way - Use Root Explorer, etc. to copy and paste the file in /system/app/. Make sure you mount it as R/W first. Using Root Explorer, long press the file and choose permissions. It should be set to "rw-r--r--".

Reboot after either of these methods.

thanks sorrry for the lack of replies but i will try it and inform u if it has worked

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone