• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Weird notification in MIUI Global 12.1.4

Search This thread

rms112

Apr 19, 2016
I keep getting these notification dots on latest MIUI Global 12.1.4 ROM (see image). Pulling down the status bar shows no apps. Why do I keep getting these notification dots when there's no app is sending notification? 🤔🤔🤔

My screen is also a bit dark in screenshots (see image). Anyone knows what's going on?

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 20

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I keep getting these notification dots on latest MIUI Global 12.1.4 ROM (see image). Pulling down the status bar shows no apps. Why do I keep getting these notification dots when there's no app is sending notification? 🤔🤔🤔

My screen is also a bit dark in screenshots (see image). Anyone knows what's going on?
The dots are not part of the data status traffic?, Maybe it can't display completely because of your DPI. Try reducing the DPI and the letters size for seconds and see what's more is there.

rms112

Apr 19, 2016
The dots are not part of the data status traffic?, Maybe it can't display completely because of your DPI. Try reducing the DPI and the letters size for seconds and see what's more is there.
Yeah they are not for data speed. Those dots are for when you have some notification. But I don't have any notification, and I still see those dots. I never touched DPI. Decreasing font size does nothing. I even removed battery icon to have some more space there

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Yeah they are not for data speed. Those dots are for when you have some notification. But I don't have any notification, and I still see those dots. I never touched DPI. Decreasing font size does nothing. I even removed battery icon to have some more space there
I still think that is the connection speed, the three dots are the values that precede the total amount of 1024 KBS/s.
To know if there is or not, disable the option in display settings.
And if it is not, you could try to investigate with an app like this or similar https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.hcilab.projects.nlog&hl=es&gl=US

rms112

Apr 19, 2016
I still think that is the connection speed, the three dots are the values that precede the total amount of 1024 KBS/s.
To know if there is or not, disable the option in display settings.
And if it is not, you could try to investigate with an app like this or similar https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.hcilab.projects.nlog&hl=es&gl=US

On the left are notifications, on the right are icons from system, so that's probably speed icon - too long format or too many icons, like gps, clock, battery, download, etc
Nah they're not. Check this gif.
kfqekr.gif

Here's what I did:
1) initially there are no dots.
2) I sent a test notification from an app
3) once the notification appears, the dots appear too.
4) after I clear the notification, the dots disappear

But THAT is not my problem. My problem is that those dots sometimes appear when there's no notification. I have to restart for that to go away.