Weird notification UI changes in Android 11/OneUI 3.0 update.

Search This thread

deepen915

May 8, 2013
I've been working with the new update the last few days, and noticed some odd changes made by Samsung.

Most annoying is this huge gap between my toggles and brightness slider/notifications. I have disabled the media controls and have no background apps running.

I think they attempted to make notifications easier to access for one hand operation, but we need a way to change this! Or give me the option to add all of my toggles into the gap!
Screenshot_20210125-161818_One UI Home.jpg

sarjarim

Dec 5, 2005
I think it's the place for "Device and Media buttons". Try to activate in "Quick panel layout". There's "Show device and media buttons above notification" option. Maybe on then off.

deepen915

May 8, 2013
I think it's the place for "Device and Media buttons". Try to activate in "Quick panel layout". There's "Show device and media buttons above notification" option. Maybe on then off.

Here. I have tried it off and on and it's the same gap. I can swipe for media controls at all times even though my running media app is closed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210304-080755_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210304-080755_Samsung Internet.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20210304-080945_Android System.jpg
    Screenshot_20210304-080945_Android System.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 10

Bomn

Aug 16, 2010
I've been working with the new update the last few days, and noticed some odd changes made by Samsung.

Most annoying is this huge gap between my toggles and brightness slider/notifications. I have disabled the media controls and have no background apps running.

I think they attempted to make notifications easier to access for one hand operation, but we need a way to change this! Or give me the option to add all of my toggles into the gap!
View attachment 5198899

That usually happen when no factory format is made between hard UI changes.

The objects and placeholders stay there even though they are empty. Have you tried a factory reset after UI3 update?

That also happened on KITKAT to Marshmellow and was a usual issue when the update wasn't factory reset afterwards.

The UI would update and new elements were put in place but the old ones would still be there and originated large gaps or invisible toggles.

deepen915

May 8, 2013

The objects and placeholders stay there even though they are empty. Have you tried a factory reset after UI3 update?

That also happened on KITKAT to Marshmellow and was a usual issue when the update wasn't factory reset afterwards.

The UI would update and new elements were put in place but the old ones would still be there and originated large gaps or invisible toggles.
Turned out to be a rogue app but thanks!

Reactions: Bomn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don´t have that gap in my Note 10+. Just below the 6 icons I have the brightness slider. Weird.

Turned out to be a rogue app but thanks!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone