• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Weird scrolling behavior / inconsistent scrolling acceleration moddable?

Search This thread
Nov 9, 2019
I "solved" the issue on my 8T by flashing xXx nolimits and making sure that TweaksMasterSelector was enabled. There's more stuttering but the speed is way faster.

I tried this as well when I was still thinking that my phone's issue was unoptimized performance. It didn't work. Scrolling at my phone is very smooth, but the speed in which the lists are smoothly moving is maybe a third of what it used to be. Other newer OP phones have this issue as well, but people don't seem to care that much.

MrMarques01

Jun 9, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 4 XL
Yep, people seem to not be bothered by that. My only hope is that scrolling gets faster again with the Android 12 upgrade, after they've merged OOS with ColorOS.

Although I'd still be interested in modding the scrolling behavior, but I don't know where to start.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have raised this via official channels e.g bug report on forums and also bug report via email.

Also made a forum post for good luck, hopefully this is fixed soon.
    I got my OnePlus 9 Pro yesterday and instantly noticed that they modified the scrolling behavior / acceleration with the OnePlus 9 Pro. Scrolling now feels really slow, compared to the OnePlus 8 Pro, and the biggest problem is that it is not consistent between different apps. While on Chrome it is nearly as fast as on the OnePlus 8 Pro it's pretty slow in Google Play Store, Twitter, Google Feed etc.

Here is a screen record comparison between the two: OP9 Pro / OP8 Pro

Do you guys know if there is a way to mod that? I am also going to root my device, so if I need root to fix it that's not a problem.

Is there anyone else that noticed the same?
    I have no problem on scrolling. have you try these setting: 1. in display setting -->profesional setting,set to 120Hz and resolution to QHD+ and turn off smart power saving at QHD+setting 2. turn on the overclock response tap
    3. go to developer mode and set all visual effect to 0.5. Then restart your phone you should see the difference
    Can confirm that this does not work. Scrolling still slow
    I tested it next to my OnePlus 5

In one word : CRAZY
    Yeah even I noticed it. It is so annoying especially in Google feed it stutters alot my previous device was note 20 ultra but due to Exynos I exchanged the phone to 9 pro but actually note 20 ultra was really good (I'm not joking) the scrolling was so satisfying no stutters it felt smoother than any other devices and I used to regular software updates on samsung! But OnePlus is lagging behind it was so good before but now how the tides have changed
    mine doesn't really stutter. I scrolls smooth but the first speed of scrolling is so slow that I instantly flick a second time and that second or third flick sometimes even slows the scrolling down. This slow acceleration and clumsyness is what I really need to fix to not hate my new phone for the years to come.